REALLY confused!! Need help with filling atomizers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i have an ego-tech that's 2amp 420mah 510 charger. I needed new atomizers so i ordered the following from vaporkings:

http://www.vaporkings.com/Joye-510-style-blank-LR-cartomizer-Made-by-Boge-p/510-boge-2.0-black.htm

http://www.vaporkings.com/Joye-510-or-Joye-eGo-replacement-atomizers-p/510-atomizer.htm?1=1&CartID=0

S
o...the first link--I dripped in liquid into the atty...but i keep tasting burning plastic. Is there something that I'm not doing correctly here??? No matter how much liquid i put in it (and i'm careful to not overflow), it still tastes like complete .... Any ideas?

The second link with the ego attys, I popped the plastic cap off of it, and noticed there's NO cotton fiber in it. How on earth do you fill this thing? Is it safe to use w/o the cotton fiber to suck up the juice?

Please help! I'm a n00b at this stuff!

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
...the first link you have is to a cartomizer(with cotton/poly fill)...it will take 20-30 drops to properly fill...the second is to an atomizer, you don't "fill" it...you drip 3-5 drops at a time and vape it...with the atomizer, they come with a "primer" on it...nasty stuff...blow it out into a napkin, drip 3 drops on it and vape but don;t inhale about 5-6 times and repeat...it should now be good to go............
madjack:2cool:

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
For the 2nd link - the atomizer - you can buy cartridges like these, not cartomizers. The cartridge is what holds the liquid, which is then drawn into the atomizer as needed. They work okay, but as madjack says, most people prefer to just drip a few drops at a time directly on the atomizer. Cartomizers eliminate this issue by allowing you to add almost a ml of juice at a time.

Try letting the cartomizer sit for half an hour after filling before vaping. Sometimes it takes a little time for the liquid to properly wick.

Last edited:

Balthezar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Fayetteville, GA
Ok, the first one like madjack says, is a cartomizer, or carto. It holds both the juice and the atomizer in one. So you would fill it and be able to vape for a while and only top it off when it gets low. There are lots of youtube videos on that, or if you want, someone here can give detailed instructions if you ask. Make sure you don't let it get dry, or it will burn out. Easier to use than the atomizer alone.
The atomizer, or atty, would be the second one you listed. You can use a cartridge with it, which is small and holds a few drops at a time, or do what is called dripping, where you would just put a couple of drops right on the wick, which is what you see when you look into it (metal mesh looking thing). You can get a drip tip which makes dripping easier.
Hope this helps.

Balth

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
...an atomizer is simply a coil that atomizes the liquid...you either drip directly onto it and vape using a drip tip or use a cartridge(cart), which has a filler, you fill it(about 10 drops) and plug it into the atomizer and it delivers the juice to the atomizer(atty)...a cartomizer(carto) combines the atty/cart in one unit with the atomizer, wrapped in a filler(cotton/poly) you fill it with about 20-30 drops of juice and vape...cartos are by far my favorite way to vape, I use attys only for testing a new juice flavor before committing it to a carto.........
madjack:2cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread