• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Really fun vapers meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiritBerry

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2010
Louisville, KY
I have been searching for a great social group or club since I relocated from the Pittsburgh, Pa area
to Louisville, Ky. about six years ago. I really enjoyed the time that I got to spend with all the members
of the Bluegrass Vapers club. Everyone made me feel very welcome, just like a oldtime picnic.

Beagledog, it was great to meet you. I am really glad you made it to the meeting. We always have so much fun! We are a fun group to hang out with ;) Just ask us! hehe. I hope you will be able to make it to all our meetups! Oh a picnic....good idea for a future meet.

GaryR

Feb 14, 2011
Louisville, KY
Beagledog,
Sorry I missed the last meet-up on Westport Road, it's real close to home. Maybe make the next one.

I just recently quit smoking after 50 or so years of misery and vaping is what has done the trick. Can't believe I've gone from 2-to-3 packs a day to zero, now for 10 days. Using eGo 510 and eGo-T with lots of juice samples.

Question: Are there local juice suppliers in case I run out and can't get my regular stuff by mail in time? Would be nice to have a backup for basic e-liquid.

Thanks, GR

WaywardMage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Louisville, KY
www.linkedin.com
Beagledog,
Sorry I missed the last meet-up on Westport Road, it's real close to home. Maybe make the next one.

I just recently quit smoking after 50 or so years of misery and vaping is what has done the trick. Can't believe I've gone from 2-to-3 packs a day to zero, now for 10 days. Using eGo 510 and eGo-T with lots of juice samples.

Question: Are there local juice suppliers in case I run out and can't get my regular stuff by mail in time? Would be nice to have a backup for basic e-liquid.

Thanks, GR

In fact there is a local supplier. Right here in the forum. Our very own Nikhil is a supplier. He makes some of the best juice I have ever tasted (except for that blueberry, that was rubbish ;) ). If you can't get ahold of him for whatever reason, just drop a note in here, and I'm sure one of us can help you out. Nobody wants to see anyone go back on those nasty tobacco sticks. =)

GaryR

Feb 14, 2011
Louisville, KY
Hey, Orion and Wayward,
Thanks for the kind replies and encouragement. If I get in a spot for juice, I'll be contacting you guys. Right now, I'm still sampling a bunch of sources and have a good supply. Having a very difficult time finding something with a true tobacco aroma, but have reasonable substitutes. Just need the smell of something burning right now while I'm getting over initial withdrawals, and I'm also craving something in cigs and I have no idea what it is. Maybe carbon monoxide or one of the other dozens of chemicals in cigarette smoke. Fortunately, vaping satisfies most of the cravings enough to keep me from smoking. Seems weird to not get up in the morning and hack for two hours over my coffee, LOL.

Cox's smoke shop is probably suffering from withdrawals too because I'm not coming in a buying cartons every week! So, I'm spending that money on vaping supplies - lots of eGo kits and liquids.

Look forward to meeting some of you folks soon, if I can make a meetup between my travel jobs.

Best regards, GR

WaywardMage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Louisville, KY
www.linkedin.com
Having a very difficult time finding something with a true tobacco aroma, but have reasonable substitutes. Just need the smell of something burning right now while I'm getting over initial withdrawals, and I'm also craving something in cigs and I have no idea what it is.

"True tobacco" is a subjective issue. Everyone has their own idea of what's a good tobacco juice and I don't want to turn this thread into yet another "who has the best tobacco flavor" thread so I'll refrain from recommending anything.

However, for the cravings, I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're probably not vaping a high enough nicotine content. When I started I was using the 18mg, so called "High". I suffered anxiety, restlessness, testiness...all of those things you associate with nicotine withdrawal--and I was still smoking about 5 analogs a day. I upped my intake to 26 mg and all of that went away, including the analogs. That may not be the case for you, but if I had to guess, that's what I'd say.

A higher nic content can get you over the hump, so to speak, and then you can take it down if you feel the need. You can get 24, 22, 20, 18, all of the way down to zero if you want.

Orion Marra

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2010
Florida
I have to agree with WaywardMage if you are at 18mg level on nic, bump it to 24mg or even 36mg. I have 36mg non flavored nic juice if you would like some to adjust to a higher level. I started almost three months and was one of the lucky ones that smoked my last cig and started vaping and never went back. I started at 24mg and just vaped HARD during the cravings. I was smoking 2 packs of analogs a day and now after three months and doing a lot of DIY juice I am down to 12mg and soon to be to 8mg.

So there is hope, just stick with it. A lot of it is mental, just be stronger. If you can next month come to the meet at the Distillery.

Orion

GaryR

Feb 14, 2011
Louisville, KY
Thanks again, guys.
I believe you're right about the nicotine level. I had been smoking 2-3 packs a day of Doral reds. Started out with 18 and 24mg juices. I do now have some 36mg juice and I kicked it into high gear today, and feel better now. I'm sure there's some other chemicals I'm craving but can tough it out with those. Mainly missing the tobacco aroma, and the search goes on.

Sorry about abusing the thread for this. I'll move on to other threads and get more active in the main ECF forums, too. Look forward to meeting some of you folks at a meetup, depending on my travels.

Best regards, GR

SpiritBerry

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2010
Louisville, KY
Sorry about abusing the thread for this. I'll move on to other threads and get more active in the main ECF forums, too. Look forward to meeting some of you folks at a meetup, depending on my travels.

Hi Gary, Welcome, We are glad to have you with us. This thread is for everyone! Asking questions is the only way to get answers. So Ask Away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread