Really liking my Aura - but!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpidaFly

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2014
Glenadle, AZ
I just got my Digiflavor Aura rda on Saturday morning. Slapped a build in it, and I've been using it for the last three days. Granted I haven't vaped for a year and a half - started back up a month ago, but for whatever it's worth, here are my thoughts:

Pros
- Great airflow options. Understandably this is subjective. Some people don't like bottom airflow. I've never had a bottom airflow RDA until this, so my experience is limited to top and side airflow RDAs.
- Nice build deck. Probably also subjective. Because of the stepped post design, I feel like this thing demands monster builds. I'm running a 0.16 ohm dual fused clapton setup on here now.
- Nice juice well. I think it is nicely designed. I haven't had tons of leakage out the bottom from over-dripping. You DO have to be careful how I drip, and I've found the most success with rolled "Japanese" cotton pads trimmed so that the ends just brush the juice deck. Keeps the wick flowing nice.
- 810 drip tip design offers plenty of options - I stuck a Ultem drip tip I have laying around on there because I like to vape this between 80-100W - but my lips can't really handle the heat with the stock tips.
- Looks like there's build options for BF, but I don't have a BF device so I haven't any experience in this area. Maybe someone else can weigh in on this? I like the idea that I can use this RDA with a BF, so I might research and purchase a low profile BF system next month.
- Personally, I'm satisfied with the vapor production and flavor. I'm more of a cloud chaser than a flavor chaser, but the airflow is versatile here. I'm also not out to win any cloud competitions. I just like the cloud. Of my 8 RDAs, this one certainly finds that "middle ground" for me.
- The airflow keeps the device itself a bit cooler than my previous go-to RDAs. That means I can crank up the wattage a bit more and still keep comfortable.
- Killer price! I got mine for $33. To me that is a great deal for such a solid RDA.

Cons
- The biggest con so far is that when the coils are positioned over the bottom airflow, even if you're super careful about how you drip, coils can still spit juice down and over the course of a day you'll get some leakage. Don't really see a way around this. I just deal with it personally - I like everything else about this thing so much that I don't mind just coping with it.
- Single coil options? I don't see any. Of course this is a subjective con - I mean, I've used dual coils for a long as I've been vaping, going back 5 or so years ago. Therefore this isn't a con for me personally but I can see this being a con for others.

Ideas!
- My biggest complaint where something could be changed or "fixed" - I frequently vape in poorly lit conditions. My computer room is usually dark or moderately lit. I walk at night frequently because Arizona summers are hot hot hot... so that's sort of just become a habit. I wish that the black ring at the base of the build deck was a different color than the barrel/top cap. Gold would be classy looking. I've been thinking of trying to find a very thin bright orange paint that would be suitable for heated/non toxic applications, so I can mask off the build deck and contacts and make that black ring visible. That way, when I drip or adjust airflow, visibility is improved.

Overall I think this Aura R DA is worth the price. If you like big builds, it's a steal for the price IMO.

I'd like to hear what everyone else's thoughts too! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread