Recently got a dct and wanted to know what I should do because it's leaking :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
If leaking occurs in a DCT it will be at the connections where the o-rings are located. Either the outer o-rings where the caps and tube make contact. Or, the inner o-rings which make contact with the end cap and cartomizer. I've seen the clear polycarbonate tubes actually warp out of shape to the point where they allowed leaking.

A flooded cartomizer can also cause liquid leakage out the air hole where the cartomizer connector is. You'll see liquid leaking from there and collecting on the battery device's connector. Did you hear a gurgling noise while vaping? Or a stiff draw with very little vapor?

So, try to determine exactly where the tank is leaking juice.

You may need new o-rings. Or, you may just need to change cartomizers, for a badly flooded cartomizer can't be saved.
___

Do you have a link to the vendor where you purchased the tank? If not, are the endcaps black or silver? Is the tube clear or frosted?

Have you been using a tank accessory tool such as a slap yo momma tool? A PBusardo Review - Slap Yo Mama Multi-Purpose Adapter - Big Daddy Vapor - YouTube

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
How long have you been using that particular cartomizer in the tank?

There's a few things that can cause flooding of the cartomizer.

First of all, allowing e-liquid to enter into the center air tube when filling from the top of the cartomizer, or if filling it via the condom method not blowing the excess e-liquid out of the tube before putting the cartomizer in the tank. If filling from the top, placing a broken wood toothpick into the air hole will keep e-liquid from getting in there.

If you are filling the tank with the top cap off, placing the cap on the tank will force too much juice into the cartomizer and lead to flooding. The best technique is to fill the tank through the top cap's center hole with the cartomizer only 1/2 of the way into the tank. (see video demo in my blog) Again, be sure not to allow juice to enter the cartomizer's air tube when filling the tank.

Vaping technique: Pulling too hard can force too much liquid into the cartomizer resulting in flooding. Gentle, patient, 3 - 6 second draws work best. Imagine sucking on a straw in a milkshake.

After a few days of use, some cartomizers will just flood on their own. The fluid/air barrier within the carto just breaks down and juice enters into the air tube. This may happen more frequently with poor quality cartomizers.

I believe you have already visited my blog articles (I remember you leaving a positive comment - thanks). For others who may be reading this thread having similar flooding or leaking issues, I have a blog with articles on cartomizers and cartotanks. The one on cartotank setup has a link to a video done by PBusardo via You Tube on cartotanks and troubleshooting issues you may have with cartotanks.

You can find these blog articles by clicking the link under my avatar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread