Recommendations for a new APV

Status
Not open for further replies.

lefty23

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
Hi everybody, looking for a little help from all of the experts here. I am currently using a Vamo V3 (which I love) and before that a V2 (which was my first step away from a basic Ego). I love the V3, it's great for all of my vaping needs, but I've noticed it's not all that sturdy (I admit this is largely due to my clumsiness, and thankfully it's far more sturdy than the V2) and I'm looking for a new APV that can handle my less-than-graceful nature.

I have a ton of tanks and evods, so I definitely want to stick with a 510 threading, and would also, if possible, like to be able to use all of my 18650 batteries, though that's a bit less of a priority. I know there are some amazing options out there, but I am regrettably not rich and was hoping to keep it around $100 or so. Any advice will be greatly appreciated; thanks in advance.

wolfstone5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2010
Somerset, Pennsylvania
I have the iTaste SVD and it's a great PV. With that said, there are certain aspects of it that I don't particularly like. The iTaste is a "busy" device. It has multiple buttons and the screen mounted on the outside. It's not very comfortable to hold and I sometimes press the wrong buttons or even the screen when I'm trying to vape. I actually prefer using my Vamo V3. Don't get me wrong. I really like the iTaste but it does have its shortcomings. I don't have one but Sigelei makes a telescoping Vamo type mod that looks pretty sturdy. There's also the SID and if you shop around, you can get an Evic for around $100. I've seen them for $79.00 without the kit. Don't let what I say discourage you from the iTaste if you have your heart set on it. It's a cool looking device and can handle almost any atty/cart that you can throw at it. If you don't mind waiting 3 weeks, Fasttech has them for under $40. I've heard that they may not be genuine but mine works just fine and it came packaged in an authentic looking Innokin box. Good luck...

talon2525

Sep 14, 2013
NC
I will chime in about the Evic, save your money is cool looking with nice functionality but the plastic screen wraps all the way around and if you drop it the top will pop off and the screen will crack. Once the screen cracks you can push the top back in (if your wires are still connected) but it will just pop back off from the force of pulling out a drip tip. And control head replacement is about $75.
I recently replaced my broken Evic with a Vamo v3.
If you have a V3 it is much stronger built than the Evic.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
None of the Chinese-made mods are going to be extremely durable.

Save your money and keep an eye out on the clearance section at Provape for a discounted Provari.

Not much of a selection at the moment, but you can sometimes find either a brand new version 2.0 Provari (full 1 yr warranty/same processor as version 2.5) or a slightly blemished version 2.5 Provari for $150 or less.

A Provari is literally built like a tank and completely waterproof. There are accounts in the Provari sub-forum here of people dropping their Provari one story off a ledge onto concrete, falling from a pocket on a motorcycle onto the highway and being run over by a car, surviving dunks in a swimming pool, being lost in a river for a full day until found again, and a full wash cycle in a pants pocket. Try these things with any other mod. In addition, Provape will continue to repair a Provari for as long as you own it after warranty for very reasonable cost.

Standard Service Repair Costs

Replace Window and screws- $10.00
Replace Circuit Board - $65.00
Upgrade to V2 - $20.00
Replace plastic pushbutton - $5.00
Repairs to the circuit board - $25.00
Cleaning - $20.00
Replace top cap - $15.00
Broken Cartomizer Service - $10.00
Return shipping within the USA - $5.00​

wrath186

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Scranton, PA
None of the Chinese-made mods are going to be extremely durable.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree here. I own two Innokin products; an SVD and a VTR and I feel that, for the price, they are extremely well made.

I've had my SVD for a few months now and while I haven't run over it or dropped it from the top of my house, it has fallen a few feet onto concrete from my dresser and fallen down a flight of stairs at least once. So far, knock on wood, not a problem with it.

lefty23

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
So, an update here: My Vamo V3 is definitely in it's death throes, which is unfortunate, because it really was a nice device. I definitely hadn't saved up for a provari yet, so I shopped around a bit and my Tesla will be here Thursday. I've heard good things, and it uses the same batts and clearos/tanks I use, so it should work out. I am definitely still considering a provari in the future, though I've heard from people who own both they've been using their tesla even more. Very excited; I'll let you guys know what I think when it arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread