Recommendations for Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I have a sigelei 100 watt in the mail now. I know better that to power it up with two different batteries. I'm not that up to date with current batteyr models like the MXJO and other new ones. I need a Recommendations for two batteries that aren't Sonys. I find sonys are a ..... to find a legit version that isn't 15-20$ per VTC4. Suggestions would be amazing. :vapor:

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
I recommend you find a battery off Baditudes blog and get it from a reputable supplier (not ebay or Amazon)

Battery Basics for Mods
- choose the safest and right battery for your applications here. Includes a list of name brand, high-drain, safe-chemistry batteries with mAh & amp ratings in 18350, 18490/18500, and 18650 sizes.

* RTD Vapor
* Illumination Supply
* Lighthound
* Orbtronics

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
I use these in mine (didn't pay $11.79/ea for them though):

Xtar High Drain 18650 2100mAh 30a (Sony VTC4 cell) - RTD vapor

They are re-wrapped VTC4 cells. They also have a different positive terminal making them a bit taller than OEM. They are a tight fit but the go in and out with no problem.

HporZ2.jpg

Next option I'd consider would be the Samsung 25R cells. $7.50 each here:

Samsung INR18650-25R 2500mah 20A NCA - Triangle Vape LLC

They are re-wrapped VTC4 cells. They also have a different positive terminal making them a bit taller than OEM. They are a tight fit but the go in and out with no problem.

HporZ2.jpg

Is that the Version 2 of the Sigelei? And thanks! I'll test those two out.

HporZ2.jpg

Another question. Why buy the Xtar when they have the vtc4s on there same price?

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Is that the Version 2 of the Sigelei? And thanks! I'll test those two out.

Yes, V2.

Another question. Why buy the Xtar when they have the vtc4s on there same price?

Wow... they are back in stock. They weren't in stock as recently as two days ago. They were OOS for a long time. That's why the XTAR purchases. The XTARs do have beefier PVC wrap if that kind of thing matters to you. All of my OEM Sony cells have fairly flimsy wrap.

Yes, V2.

Wow... they are back in stock. They weren't in stock as recently as two days ago. They were OOS for a long time. That's why the XTAR purchases. The XTARs do have beefier PVC wrap if that kind of thing matters to you. All of my OEM Sony cells have fairly flimsy wrap.

Yeah XTAR may be better. From what I've read the Sigelei's have a tendencies to eat battery wrappers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread