Recommendations for good and inexpensive e-juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

canonikon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
ny
I've tried mount baker, cheap but their juice is not that good. Kinda make me want to throw up or feel nausea when vaping their THUG JUICE and MOO JUICE. A few were OK but not great.

My go to Juice was LEGEND at Heather's Heavenly Vapes but they're just so damn expensive.

I tried "Vapor in a Bottle", they're not bad but want to try something new.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I understand your dilemma, since I was once a Heavenly Army addict as well. I still dream of the flavors that I do miss, but can't fathom paying those prices again.

I've tried a few vendors in my searches, and all were less expensive but decent liquid for the lower prices. I found many favorites at ITCvapes (but hated the heavy gunk factor); tried DieselbyCG but $30 for 100ml was too steep for the time and I moved on. I finally settled on Ohm's Vapes after trying them and discovering that out of the 8 or so I originally ordered, 7 were re-orders -- all 100ml bottles @ $17.99 each.

Certainly none were Heavenly Army, Legend, Huntsman or closely resembling anything tobacco or NET, but they were/are good all day long with minimal gunking and flavors that make me smile and make Mmmm noises for 1/4 of the price. I use about 10 Ohm's Vapes flavors in weekly rotation in my rta's and have never looked back.

Another vendor I enjoy and use for my dripping needs is Verde Valley Vapes who have a much smaller menu at similar prices, but still a good quality. Ohm's vapes just doesn't make all of the flavors I did discover, but VVV had them.

I still get tempted to grab a bottle of Heavenly Army or Temptation again, and even place them in my cart, but then I do the math and order 4 bottles from Ohm's Vapes ;)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I've tried Mount Baker, cheap but their juice is not that good. Kinda make me want to throw up or feel nausea when vaping their THUG JUICE and MOO JUICE. A few were OK but not great.

My go to Juice was LEGEND at Heather's Heavenly Vapes but they're just so damn expensive.

Heather's Heavenly Vapes costs $13 for a 30ml bottle of juice. If you think that's expensive then we live on different planets.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Heather's Heavenly Vapes costs $13 for a 30ml bottle of juice. If you think that's expensive then we live on different planets.

I do live on a different planet. It's called REOVille. As in 16 Reos mods. And associated hardware. HHV has been my go-to vendor for e-liquid for three and a half years now.
And I've still saved over $6000 by not smoking. So if you think vaping is expensive, go buy a few hundred more cartons of cigarettes. Then pay for cancer medical costs. Or just vape what you enjoy and be thankful you're not coughing / hacking / wheezing from tobacco anymore.

I've tried Mount Baker, cheap but their juice is not that good. Kinda make me want to throw up or feel nausea when vaping their THUG JUICE and MOO JUICE. A few were OK but not great.

Mount Baker is disgusting. Not sure why anyone would use that crap. Tried Heather's Vapes but the flavor was missing for me.
Here's a list I stole from somewhere else.
Mechsauce - back-up juice when I'm waiting for a favorite to come through
Jaxxjuice - decent vape
White Label Juice Company - Awesome custard flavors!!
Dr. Crimmys - really good juice after a short steeping period
Vape Caviar- not an ADV but pretty tasty
ITC Vapes - really good and not too expensive

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Well, there's a lot of variables involved, such as quitting smoking, or just making clouds. So if you're a cloud maker and I'm assuming sub-ohming burns through juice like no-one's business, then sure, I could see folk wanting really cheap juice and that's fine. Maybe you'd consider DIY? For myself however, I'll stick with my favorite NET vendors, HHV and House of Liquid. Their service is outstanding, and with juice impossible to replicate, I'm a slave to Gaia, Serendipity and El Toro. :)

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
HHV is 40$ for 100ml ( includes shipping) and besides being the best juices Ive had... nothing else compares... and Ive tried several brands and they arent up to the hype...

100ml lasts me almost 2 months ... so thats about 20$ a month... I consider that real value ;)

you pay for what you get...
you want cheap buy KoolAid
you want good buy Chambord ;)

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Like Bunnykiller says, you get what you pay for... Been around the block a couple time (started vaping 3½ years ago) trying juices here and there - haven't found anything that compares to HHV's NETs at their price. HOL and NET.com also have some good juices.

To the OP of this thread, have you ever thought about DIY?

Reactions: Hulamoon

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
First off, apologies to op, i don't have a recommendation in the price range you are looking for.

$13 for 30 ml is not expensive though compared to other vendors. It's pretty close to the median price i'd say, and it's a price i am comfortable paying ( and i do ). The other vendors i buy from tend to be in a similar price range ( i buy when they have sales ). Affordable on the other hand is a subjective term. A student who vapes 300 ml a month has a very different budget compared to a well off retiree who vapes 50 ml a month.

I don't really agree with the " you get what you pay for " argument, at least not when it comes to eliquid. There is no criteria eliquid can objectively be judged on by different vapers, which results in the same ranking ( or similar even ). The cost of raw ingredients in a 30 ml juice is less than 20 cents, regardless of the quality. In fact the bottle and label cost a lot more. How you price you eliquid depends on a lot of variables ( your overhead, volume, marketing budget, business model, target audience, etc ... and above all, what you think the market will bear), but the cost of the ingredients in the eliquid, is not one of them. I have vaped liquids costing less than $ 10 per 30 ml, that i thought were far tastier than liquids costing $27 per 30 ml.

Op, there is no reason you shouldn't find tasty liquid ( to you ), at a price you are comfortable with. Worst case scenario, try diy. Loads of tried and tested recipes online, even if you don't have the time, skill or creativity to design your own liquid. My 2 cents.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I do live on a different planet. It's called REOVille. As in 16 Reos mods. And associated hardware. HHV has been my go-to vendor for e-liquid for three and a half years now.
And I've still saved over $6000 by not smoking. So if you think vaping is expensive, go buy a few hundred more cartons of cigarettes. Then pay for cancer medical costs. Or just vape what you enjoy and be thankful you're not coughing / hacking / wheezing from tobacco anymore.

You quoted somebody who agrees with you , i think your response is for the OP .

That being said i don't think the OP gives a da _ _ about how many Reo's you own and that you think HHV is a bargain in comparison to smoking , for him HHV is too expensive and he's asking about alternatives.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

That being said i don't think the OP gives a da _ _ about how many Reo's you own and that you think HHV is a bargain in comparison to smoking , for him HHV is too expensive and he's asking about alternatives.
It's fine to say you want to spend less than what HHV charges but to say HHV is "damn expensive" is untrue when their prices are less than average. That's the point of contention.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC

Vaping is cheaper than smoking. Why do you think so many of the ECF have these "Saved" banners under their signatures ?
THE ABSOLUTE CHEAPEST is DIY. Essential Depot has gallons of PG/VG at low prices. 2 gallons of PG, and 2 gallons of VG = $40. That's over 14000ml of base liquids. There are several places to get flavors, but I've found Wizard Labs is the most precise of what is actually in their flavorings. I personally would recommend The Favor Apprentice, although others would disagree (isn't that what smart a$$es from the Jersey shore do ?) I try to catch liters of liquid nic at Heartland Vapes for $40. Your lab equipment can be found at reasonable prices on Amazon.
BUT Most Importantly : go to the DIY section of the ECF and READ EVERYTHING !
E-Liquids can be made for about five cents / ml at home. How long it will take you to find recipes you like is another story.

Last edited:

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Vaping is cheaper than smoking. Why do you think so many of the ECF have these "Saved" banners under their signatures ?
THE ABSOLUTE CHEAPEST is DIY. Essential Depot has gallons of PG/VG at low prices. 2 gallons of PG, and 2 gallons of VG = $40. That's over 1400ml of base liquids. There are several places to get flavors, but I've found Wizard Labs is the most precise of what is actually in their flavorings. I personally would recommend The Favor Apprentice, although others would disagree (isn't that what smart a$$es from the Jersey shore do ?) Your lab equipment can be found at reasonable prices on Amazon.
BUT Most Importantly : go to the DIY section of the ECF and READ EVERYTHING !
E-Liquids can be made for about five cents / ml at home. How long it will take you to find recipes you like is another story.

I know how cheap DIY is , i have been doing it long enough , nobody is arguing that point . I am a horrific DIY er though , no joke , i'm talking really really atrocious but i try.

TFA has tons of great flavorings but this discussion has nothing to do with DIY , the OP wants to purchase juice that is cheaper than HHV .

PS: I have no idea what smart asses at the Jersey shore do nor do i care.

Reactions: BackDoc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread