Recommended pg/vg ratio for cartotanks to help your carto last longer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyWJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
usa
I don't think there's a standard response here - all juices are not created equally. I think the flavoring has more potential to clog a carto than the PG/VG.

I use 50/50, and it's a good balance (for me) of flavor and vapor. All of the juice I'm using right now is 50/50, but some flavors last a lot longer than others, and it's probably all down to what's in it's flavoring.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Some cartos work with heavy VG better than others. I use Smok XL single coil cartos, punch them myself and use 95% VG.

The amount of filler surface area exposed to juice in the tank will have a huge effect on how well a high percentage VG juice works with the carto. Cartos need more and/or larger holes or slots for high percentage VG than high percentage PG.

Cartos will last longest with unflavored juice.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
I use high 70-80PG juice, occasionally 50/50 with Ikenvape Mega Fusion Cartos. I am sensitive to large amounts of VG, so I cannot answer your VG question. However, dark juice, like coffee and chocolate will clog up your cartos much faster. I also have had a raspberry (dark red in color) that does the same thing.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Different carto brands have either a more compact filler or less compact. Boge = compact; Smoktech = less compact. Thicker e-liquids may not last as long in a more compact filler.

Darker and thicker e-liquids are harder on cartos.

I use a two laser-hole carto with 50/50 pg/vg. More vg may require a third hole. Thinner liquids (more pg) may only need one hole.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
With 50/50 and boge F16 cartos I have to punch a third hole. Every time. If I shift that a bit to 65 PG/35 VG and I prime the carto very carefully I can usually get away with the standard 2 holes the F16 cartos come with.

Dark and very sweet juices seem to clog them up in a heartbeat though. My DIY Banana Cream Pie I can only get a day on a carto so I tend to run that one in my protank where cleaning the head is less waste than replacing a carto.

MBV Cucumber Mojito is very sweet though not dark and will gunk up a F16 carto for me in 3 days tops. It also gunks up dripper coils fast too.

SO many factors.

shellro07

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2013
Colorado, USA
There ARE so many factors! I'm going to buy a couple of cartotanks and extra cartos to try them out, but I'll probably stick with my clearo for the thicker, darker and sweeter juices at first. I'm excited to try them out! Everyone raves about how they are better than clearos and since I get frustrated with the inevitable gurgling and leaking from clearos, I'm willing to give the cartotanks a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread