Recurve cloned

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraderX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2015
Philly Suburbs
BTW - One of my Favorite reviews is Rip Tripper.

Not because I have a Man-Crush on Rip Tripper. Or because I value his Opinion on what is Good or Bad.

But because his Video's have Crystal Clear Close-Ups with Professional Lighting. And he uses lots of Jump-Cuts/Time Lapse to make his Videos short.

It has gotten to the point where some vapers feel embarrassed or ashamed to admit they enjoy Rip Tripper's reviews. He doesn't often review gear that I would personally use, but when he does, I have found him to be forthright and honest.

Some old time vape reviewers have become a bit stale, just going through the motions. I am talking Twisted420 and Grimm, a few others too. Rip is always enthusiastic.

Maybe I am totally wrong, but I assume Rip Tripper makes enough YouTube loot from his viewership numbers that he doesn't need to force products on anyone.

In any case, I find his reviews truthful, and he always gives me a good belly laugh. I can't ask for much more, an honest review and serious giggle.

Last edited:

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles
IMO what many fail to take into account is the vast improvements in gear over the last year or two. There simply aren't very many cons like there used to be.

Agreed, but it's hard to sort the wheat from the chaff when just about everything gets a glowing review, likely to ensure the flow of free goods continues. It's also wise to be aware of who is in which clique designer / reviewer wise when it comes to gear, nothing like talking up your mate's stuff. Of course, much of it is actually really good, but some gear is still a lot better than others.

Couple of times in the past I've thought have I bought the same bloody atty that X was gushing over because it's mediocre at best. Glaring faults and engineering are hopefully, mostly, a thing of the past, but there's still some crap being turned out.

Last edited:

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles
I take all/any yt reviews with a 'grain of salt'. Negative reviews will not get the reviewer more products to review!

I prefer to come here and listen to the people that have used the product for some time.

I agree. I look at reviews as infomercials with just a few exceptions. Even then you have to be mindful of reviewer motivations for marking some stuff down. Cons IMO are not simply down to poor engineering and QC, some stuff is plain crap and some gets far more hype than it deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread