Recurve defective drip tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyLyV

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2018
Earth (most days)
....I've used this device for less than a month. I began messaging them 2 days ago.

The resin drip tip literally cracked (see photos I'll attach below) with NORMAL use! I never once dropped this thing - besides, dropping it would in no way damage it in the way it is damaged.

SO --- I finally received a response from them and they are seriously asking me to buy another one.

Their message:
"Thanks so much for supporting WOTOFO products.
Please kindly understand that a resin drip tip is $2 & the shipping cost is $8.
So it's $10 in total.
And our transportation time is about 20 days.
If you can accept the price and time, you can complete the transaction on our paypal.
pay@wotofo.com
We will arrange delivery for you as soon as we receive your payment.
Have a nice day!"

Yeah -- I don't think so.

2018_04_24_recurve_drip_tip_01.jpg 2018_04_24_recurve_drip_tip_02.jpg 2018_04_24_recurve_drip_tip_03.jpg

They can't afford to send me a simple drip tip to replace the defective one? Me no happy right now. :(

Attachments

• 2018_04_24_recurve_drip_tip_01.jpg
    2018_04_24_recurve_drip_tip_01.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 130
  • Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Honestly, I know it's new and all but I wouldn't sweat a drip tip, especially not for $10 shipped. For that money you can buy a handful of tips from fasttech and probably get one you like better. I am not using an original tip on ANY tank/dripper I own. I bought a handful of different ones from fasttech, found one I loved and then ordered 10 of those suckers.

LyLyV

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2018
Earth (most days)
Honestly, I know it's new and all but I wouldn't sweat a drip tip, especially not for $10 shipped. For that money you can buy a handful of tips from fasttech and probably get one you like better. I am not using an original tip on ANY tank/dripper I own. I bought a handful of different ones from fasttech, found one I loved and then ordered 10 of those suckers.
I'm not really sweating anything (except that the only other 810 goon-style drip tip is the spare that came in the box, so if that one breaks, I'm not going to want to wait weeks or even days for a replacement. I don't think it will, but j/s). ... Also - it's really just weird. I should post photos. It's like it couldn't take the heat or something.

Aside from that... I don't get why they would expect me to buy another one when this was not user error - and especially when it probably doesn't cost them more than a few cents. ...

All that said, I re-messaged them on FB (I had also done that), and whomever I was conversing with there, spoke to someone who spoke to someone and they're going to send it for free. Geesh. I'm just sayin' - if I were them, I wouldn't just happily sent out a couple no questions asked. But that's just me. Maybe there's a language barrier or something. :/

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm glad you got it sorted out . Defective is defective, so they should make it right.

I agree, driptips can be fun and enhance the vape experience, but not everyone wants to do that (although I find it fun, at times) and if it's the drip tip to go with the mod and resin, it should be corrected, period.

FT is great for driptips, I've gotten some nice ones from Kidney puncher that I really like too. But, there are a lot of tanks where I want/prefer to use the stock drip tip.

I'm glad they finally responded appropriately :)

Anna

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Back in the day, I was quite the collector of pyrex and resin drip tips. I no longer collect them because they are all notoriously fragile and nearly all of them have broken over time. I now use Cherry Vape Cloud Chaser delrin tips on all of my tanks. They are unbreakable.

full
full
full

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I'm kind of glad that at least up to this point, I've used the stock drip tips on everything I own, or use them on another tank. I've never bought a drip tip by itself. I've got a TON of drip tips between all of the tanks, RDAs, etc that I've bought, I don't feel I need anymore, lol.

I always go overboard when I get on a little buying spree, the last thing I need to do is have a drip tip collection. I'll end up with a ridiculous number that I won't even be able to choose from. I have a hard enough time deciding which RDA to use these days.

Glad to hear Wotofo did the right thing for you though. I like the resin drip tip that came with the Recurve, but they are more fragile than the thicker walled ones I've gotten with other devices. You probably just got one that had a weak spot.

Ionori

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2017
    Not that it matters, because they should make it right....but, the 510 adapter with a 510 tip bumps the flavor considerably . I find it a much more pleasant vape.
    That's been my experience as well, it seems the main purpose of 810 drip tips is to enable one to produce bigger clouds at the expense of flavor per ml of liquid, but maybe people who prefer 810s for other reasons will correct me on that.

LyLyV

ECF Veteran
    Feb 21, 2018
    Earth (most days)
    I'm kind of glad that at least up to this point, I've used the stock drip tips on everything I own, or use them on another tank. I've never bought a drip tip by itself. I've got a TON of drip tips between all of the tanks, RDAs, etc that I've bought, I don't feel I need anymore, lol.

I always go overboard when I get on a little buying spree, the last thing I need to do is have a drip tip collection. I'll end up with a ridiculous number that I won't even be able to choose from. I have a hard enough time deciding which RDA to use these days.

Glad to hear Wotofo did the right thing for you though. I like the resin drip tip that came with the Recurve, but they are more fragile than the thicker walled ones I've gotten with other devices. You probably just got one that had a weak spot.
    That's what I'm thinking (that I probably just got a bad one). Being this the only resin 810 I'd ever used, I didn't really have anything to compare it to. I've been using the Cleito tanks on my other 2 mods, and those are super thin plastic, so next to that, this tip felt rather sturdy. ...I have stopped myself from buying a bunch of drip tips on a number of occasions. They seem cheap, but it adds up quickly ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread