Recurve or Rebirth? what should i choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I like the way you think but what would you choose? single coil or dual coil? If you prefer better vape with single coil or dual coil?
Help me to understand the difference.
The recurve is a single coil RDA and the rebirth is a dual coil RDA. So if you want a single coil RDA the obvious choice is the recurve. Personally for me I don't have or won't buy either one. From watching reviews they both look like good choices for what they are.
I didn't mean to offend you. If I did I apologize. Asking the question "What ........... should I get?" is never a good question. What car should I buy? What gun should I buy? What dog should I buy? Without giving qualifying requirements the question is to open ended to give a good answer.

I personally do not like single coil anything. I use dual coil attys. Some people only use single coil attys because that's what they prefer. Either way is a personal choice. I like big dense clouds with lots of flavor. I like open unrestricted airflow.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I feel like I'm maybe paying a potential troll toll here, but, I'll bite: why isn't it a good idea? The VTC5a's in my parallel mod don't seem to care.

Too much heat? Current draw? Someone newer to vaping may see this thread and wonder why as well.
Too much heat and poor airflow. It's fun to play with stupid stuff like that. I do it when I'm bored. I've put 8 coils in a Vaporgate Gemini. It worked but not very well. I have a Goliath RDA that's made for quad or octo coils. It's definitely a novelty. There are alot of fun things to do with coils but most of them don't function properly or just flat out really range from "not a good idea" to "man that was really STUPID". A well built and wicked RDA, single or dual coil, is going to give the best performance. There are a few exceptions being attys designed for more coils. I have a Triad RDTA that works great with tri coils. The only problem I have with it is it only has a 2ml, I believe, tank. I just use it more as a dripper when I use it.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
The recurve is a single coil RDA and the rebirth is a dual coil RDA. So if you want a single coil RDA the obvious choice is the recurve. Personally for me I don't have or won't buy either one. From watching reviews they both look like good choices for what they are.
I didn't mean to offend you. If I did I apologize. Asking the question "What ........... should I get?" is never a good question. What car should I buy? What gun should I buy? What dog should I buy? Without giving qualifying requirements the question is to open ended to give a good answer.

I personally do not like single coil anything. I use dual coil attys. Some people only use single coil attys because that's what they prefer. Either way is a personal choice. I like big dense clouds with lots of flavor. I like open unrestricted airflow.
2019 F-250
BCM AR-15 Recce
German Shepherd

GamblerMagic

Nov 29, 2018
Too much heat and poor airflow. It's fun to play with stupid stuff like that. I do it when I'm bored. I've put 8 coils in a Vaporgate Gemini. It worked but not very well. I have a Goliath RDA that's made for quad or octo coils. It's definitely a novelty. There are alot of fun things to do with coils but most of them don't function properly or just flat out really range from "not a good idea" to "man that was really STUPID". A well built and wicked RDA, single or dual coil, is going to give the best performance. There are a few exceptions being attys designed for more coils. I have a Triad RDTA that works great with tri coils. The only problem I have with it is it only has a 2ml, I believe, tank. I just use it more as a dripper when I use it.

Definitely better RDAs out there for three coils. But if I do three coils at 3mm SS316L 30 gauge. About 5 wraps each, that setup doesn't hold onto heat and doesn't take much to get it hot. 1

There are ways to make it work. I'm not sure it's a bad idea outright but perhaps not a standard option. Three coils is reasonable, messing around with 8 coils is a waste of cotton and wire really.

Putting three quad core fused Clapton's in it wont be good. Probabaly melt your drip tip :evil: :thumbs:

Good discussion, I guess for me it's not so cut and dry. All good though! :2c:

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Definitely better RDAs out there for three coils. But if I do three coils at 3mm SS316L 30 gauge. About 5 wraps each, that setup doesn't hold onto heat and doesn't take much to get it hot. 1

There are ways to make it work. I'm not sure it's a bad idea outright but perhaps not a standard option. Three coils is reasonable, messing around with 8 coils is a waste of cotton and wire really.

Putting three quad core fused Clapton's in it wont be good. Probabaly melt your drip tip :evil: :thumbs:

Good discussion, I guess for me it's not so cut and dry. All good though! :2c:

My Gemini is a 30mm RDA. It works really well with my own made claptons with quads. The vapor production is insane. My coils with just duals puts out some great vapor and flavor as it is. My special coils is all I use anymore except for tc.

Reactions: GamblerMagic

GamblerMagic

Nov 29, 2018
My Gemini is a 30mm RDA. It works really well with my own made claptons with quads. The vapor production is insane. My coils with just duals puts out some great vapor and flavor as it is. My special coils is all I use anymore except for tc.

I prefer the quad core fused claptons, and frame staples, even alpha braid for vapor and flavor. They all do a good job. The alpha braid stuff gunks up too quick though. I've grown to hate staggered frame staple wire, it doesn't really do vapor or flavor particularly well.

Need to get yourself one of those Colorado RDAs... I'm not sure what market segment they're shooting for. The picture with the "recommended" setups is nuts, I wouldn't want to pulse + wick all those coils. It comes in a nice box for a smooth $99... The Colorado by Vapergate - Vapergate - Hardware
At least it's more than 50mm, plenty of room for activities... :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread