Status
Not open for further replies.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
The Recurve squonk mod is going to be released soon. The video from Mike Vapes goes through the features in detail but in brief it’s an unregulated squonker that takes 18650, 20650, 20700 and 21700 batteries. 8 ml bottle that is not proprietary.

I like the look – seems like it would be very comfortable in hand. Estimated price will be in the $40 to $50 range.

scooterstew71

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2016
I watched this last night, looks interesting.
Takes all battery types, WOW!

But everytime I look at it, I don't know if its just me, all I see is a BUNNY. LOL
Dam it thats all I see now as well.... I so wish this was a regulated mod... but does look nice... not too struck on that magnetic bottle door either...

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I love bunnies, they're the only thing around here that doesn't want to eat me, sting me, or torment me by waving giant antenna feelers at me.

LOL, this may well be my first squonk, that's how much I like my bunnies.. If there's clockwork parts that make it HOP, well, that's an instant sale. LOL.

Anna

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
I wanna buy the white one, so I can paint a little pink eye and ears on it and hot glue a pom pom on its ....! :lol::lol::lol:

Actually it looks very comfortable, I like the idea of front button and front squeeze. Although I am a righty, I thumb fire mostly and hold in my left hand. It wouldn't take long to get used to holding this one.

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
California
Looks like a good buy! I like all the battery options, magnetic closures for bottle and batts, front fire (top fire would have been fine too), front squonk, good bottle size and nice looking bottles too. Glad it isn't full mech as these chinese companies just can't seem to do a quality mech for a decent price. But they do the unregulated stuff really well which allows them to compete with my favorite high end mosfet squonkers as far as performance goes. I think the blacked out version is going into the cart!

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Just got added to VaporDNA for $49.99. I picked up the black one.

Was hoping to see the Simple EX showing up soon, but this was on the list as well.

This one is all pretty much about the battery options to me, and looks like it will be comfortable in the hand.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Just got added to VaporDNA for $49.99. I picked up the black one.

Was hoping to see the Simple EX showing up soon, but this was on the list as well.

This one is all pretty much about the battery options to me, and looks like it will be comfortable in the hand.

Looking forward to hearing your impressions of it once it arrives.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Mine just arrived, and I tell you what, I LIKE this. I got the all black, and if I use this for a few weeks and don't experience leaks, I will be getting a second one.

First off, hand feel is GREAT. Fits very comfortably and perfectly in my hand. With the 'rubberized' paint, it feels like it was made for my hand. It is also a bit heavier than I expected, but not in a bad way. It just feels substantial, not cheap.

The bottle seems nice. Mine is currently soaking, I've been dripping with my Recurve on it to vape it a bit. The Pulse 80w bottles won't fit, too tall. However, the Pulse OG bottles seem like a perfect fit, but you would need to trim the tube down a bit. That mentioned, the tubing on the bottle has a smaller ID than some other bottles I compared it to. So while the Pulse OG bottle itself works, it may require tubing with a slightly smaller ID to fit well. The included bottle fits kind of loose on the connection in the mod, I'm guessing that since it has a good length of tubing that slides on, this is what keeps it from leaking, not a tight fitting tubing. Interested to see how well this works. The included bottle slides on/off the mod very easily, even when dry. Hoping this doesn't leak, the ID of the tubing already looks smaller than some others. Since the 510 connection for the bottle is so long in the mod, it slides a good amount into the bottle.

Fires well, my index finger falls right on the button where it should, and ring finger sits right on the bottle.

My main complaint right now is with inserting/removing the battery. So far I've only had a 21700 in it, but it's a very tight fit. With the + going to the top (positive is the spring loaded terminal), it's hard to get the battery in without damaging the wrap. Not sure if I jut need more practice or what. You kind of need pressure on the top of the battery to depress the + terminal, but you don't seem to have enough clearance without sliding it in at the same time. I can see where it chewed at my wrap a bit. I may just leave this battery in it and charge it via the USB since it supports 2A charging. Unless I learn better how to do this with practice, it will chew up wraps over time.

I really like it though, should have my bottle cleaned and filled in the next hour. If I run it for a few weeks with no leaks, I will most likely get another one. No hurry for that though since I prefer regulated mods. This is my first unregulated mod that takes a 21700 though.

Will post back later tonight or tomorrow once I get a little time with it.

EDIT: This may be one of those bottles that finally forces me to try one of my squonk refill bottles, lol. Just made a huge mess trying to screw the lid on. A few more tries as needed, maybe I'm just fat fingering it. If I can't get around this, I will be pulling out and washing a refill bottle.

Last edited:

kazz63758

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2011
Southeast Missouri
Mine just arrived, and I tell you what, I LIKE this. I got the all black, and if I use this for a few weeks and don't experience leaks, I will be getting a second one.

Nice review! Thanks! Is the 510 connector spring loaded or adjustable? Does the rubber texture paint look as if it will peel easily?

Thanks again.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread