The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Red e-liquid

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Libbylynn, Sep 26, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Libbylynn

Libbylynn New Member

Sep 26, 2019
    Hello, I am new to this, but I really need an answer. So, I don't know why, but every time I vape any juice with a red tint I get an allergic reaction. And when I go to buy juice I always get a weird look when I say I can't do anything with red in it, and they always grill me about it. Is there anything in the red ones that isn't in the more clear or yellow ones?
    I would greatly appreciate an answer so I don't have to get those looks anymore.

2. Jebbn

Jebbn Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2018
    Australia
    I dont know why they put food colouring's in any vape juice.
    Why would anyone want to vape food colouring?

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Libbylynn

Libbylynn New Member

Sep 26, 2019
    Well, I don't think you can vape food coloring. It's just lots of them change colors and they don't really have very descriptive ingredients on the bottles, so it's hard to distinguish what's giving me a reaction.

4. Jebbn

Jebbn Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2018
    Australia
    Chances are if your store bought juice is a red colour it has food colouring in it.
    Edit: is there anyway for you to post a pic of the juice that gives you a problem.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Hi and welcome,
    Could you give us an example of the brands or flavours of juice that give you symptoms?
    What symptoms do you experience?
    What device are you using? Battery unit and tank/topper please.

Do you have any seasonal or food/substance allergies?

Where are you located?

Cheers
    I

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. toneman2121

toneman2121 Full Member

Sep 21, 2019
    philly
    you can 'copy image' by right-clicking the image and paste or select upload a file at the bottom of the window

7. somdcomputerguy

somdcomputerguy vaper dedicato Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
  8. DeloresRose

DeloresRose Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio

It would be helpful if you could give us the name/flavor if your juice, and load a picture.

I diy and have a ton of juice here, none of it red, so I gather you mean amber or brown. Which is natural, as juice ages - not all of them, some stay almost clear, or slightly yellow- but there’s nothing present in these steeped juices that isn’t there in a fresh batch.

There are different ingredients in different flavors, and any of them may cause your reactions, I guess. But the most prominent I’ve heard of is pg. I’d start with looking at the % in your juices and see if that correlates.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. DeloresRose

DeloresRose Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    Another thought, since I know the ingredients aren’t listed on juice, you could try looking up the flavors themselves where flavorings are sold. They often list ingredients. You might see a pattern.

10. Sloth Tonight

Sloth Tonight CF Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 25, 2014
    Adirondacks
  11. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Look up the data sheets for the juices that affect you and compare to one that doesn't.

12. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    Your allergy may not be that unusual, might like to read:
    Food Dyes Linked to Allergies, ADHD and Cancer: Group Calls on US to Outlaw Their Use
    Section 2: Vaping-related issues , V5.
    "c) Some are intolerant to other ingredients, and these are most likely flavorings or colors. The answer is to change to a different liquid or even a different supplier, and see if the problem persists."
    A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.