Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Question about Red Tail. Since this is a VG based liquid, how thick is it? I'm asking because I started using the Phoenix bottom coil clears and I'm really liking them. But.... from the reports I have heard they don't do well with the thick drug store USP VG, but do okay with the thinner type VG. Any clues on this before I order.

GotVapes Phoenix Bottom-Coil Clearomizer Review - YouTube

I don't understand why some "all vg" juices are thicker than others, but, Red Tail is not as thick as BWBs Malty. Don't know why but BWBs Malty is super, super thick, but it is! Red Tail is thick but not too thick. It doesn't matter to me either which way, just offering some info.

p.s. Red Tail line is my fav, period!

dodari

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2011
New Mexico
I've noticed also the difference in thickness of different vg liquids. I use a vg unflavored for DIY that isn't a lot thicker than some pg liquids I've had.

Vegetable Glycerin has a generic of C3 H8 O3, sorry I don't know how to get subscripting on this computer. VG, pure, is as it is. So if some VG is thinner than other VG it must be diluted by something, but what? The molecule within itself is rather invariable.

Wonder how some VG is thinner than other VG. I really don't know.

????? Someone here probably knows, I don't.

radiokaos

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
www.aromaejuice.com
Vegetable Glycerin has a generic of C3 H8 O3, sorry I don't know how to get subscripting on this computer. VG, pure, is as it is. So if some VG is thinner than other VG it must be diluted by something, but what? The molecule within itself is rather invariable.

Wonder how some VG is thinner than other VG. I really don't know.

????? Someone here probably knows, I don't.

That reminds me.....

Do you know any jokes about Sodium.....Na

You are right about Glycerin it has virtually no variables except viscosity changes when temps change. (warm=thinner)

radiokaos

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
www.aromaejuice.com
Reminds me of my Dark room days when I used Photo-Flo, which makes water more liquid.

What is does is creates less surface tension so water doesn't stick to things. Probably wouldn't want to be vaping that stuff.

I know that stuff..it was already in the baths when I was a kid playing in the dark rooms. I use to play with Black and White with old man. My father was also a dentist and I spent hours playing with xray negatives as well. I can't remember all the solutions but I think it was a 3-4 bath process.

I use deionized water all day in the lab. In fact every sink in my lab has both tap and deionized water as well as all our fume hoods. I do a trade outs with soil analysis company for Di water in exchange for calibration for our spectro and some other testing.

dodari

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2011
New Mexico
I know that stuff..it was already in the baths when I was a kid playing in the dark rooms. I use to play with Black and White with old man. My father was also a dentist and I spent hours playing with xray negatives as well. I can't remember all the solutions but I think it was a 3-4 bath process.

I use deionized water all day in the lab. In fact every sink in my lab has both tap and deionized water as well as all our fume hoods. I do a trade outs with soil analysis company for Di water in exchange for calibration for our spectro and some other testing.

Just wondering on your lab equiptment and such.

Have y'all ever run, say, like resolved WTA DHT through a millipore filter? What did you get? Am curious also, if Dr. Fred, or whoever, has done a Qualitative and Quantitative analysis on the chemical(maybe pharmacological ?) constituencies found therein.

We're supposed to keep on shakin' so I wonder if there are suspended solids in the liquid that would tend to settle out if not shaken. BTW, the shaking seems to help keep my DHT and GI Joe pretty homogenous in flavor and vape. I sure do it. Being an old water resources engineer I'm just curious. Be happy you're not dealing with sewage, it's the ....s, but our bread and butter. The sewage business is recession proof, just keeps rollin' in.

Ummmm, Ooooops?:) Dam, I think church lady got me zapped. Aaaaargh! Anyone here do Ciciliano slang? Non importa. Scuseme.

dodari

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2011
New Mexico
I think everyone is putting too much thought into the shaking. I shake for only 3 seconds and it works for me. If you want I can post a video. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, this takes me back. Reminds me of an old saying we had back in the 40s and 50s, but I shan't repeat it.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I think everyone is putting too much thought into the shaking. I shake for only 3 seconds and it works for me. If you want I can post a video. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's not like it is a vinaigrette or something. I think it is more of a precautionary action, even though, many vendors say shake. Anything that is called "juice" will be shaken by me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread