Refilling a Vype ePen 3 pod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokeroo

Nov 16, 2018
Toronto
Since this thread is still here, I'll just reuse it. My original imgur gallery lost all of its images and I couldn't re-link, so I've posted a new album. Anyway, here's the story again:

I was offered a free Vype at one of those pop-up stands, so I gave them my mailing address and a little while later, I received one in the mail.

I'm not a fan. The device is kind of large for what it is and taste of the included pods (I got Blended tobacco and Crisp Mint) is pretty bad. Actually the Mint is tolerable but the tobacco is just plain terrible.

Anyway they're not refillable, which would have been an immediate no for me, but since I already had it, I figured I may as well give it a shot before throwing it away.

It was surprisingly easy. You just need a little flat head screwdriver to press in the plastic tabs and to pry out the silicone deck. You'll probably need a pair of tweezers to pull the chimney out of the mouthpiece. Some dish soap and water to rinse everything out. And your preferred e-liquid of course.

Unless you swap out the coil and wick, expect to taste the original liquid for the first couple of refills. By the end of the second refill I wasn't getting much more than a hint.

Anyway, if there's anyone out there who got one of these and doesn't like the available flavours but also doesn't want to just throw the whole thing away, I hope this helps.

Last edited:

Pokeroo

Nov 16, 2018
Toronto
Side note:

I posted the original album publicly to imgur by mistake. It was only up for a few minutes before the photos got de-linked or whatever happened. During that short time I got a half dozen downvotes and a couple of snarky comments. The internet really hates vaping, doesn't it?

I wish I could have kept the original album to preserve all of that but I couldn't re-link the photos so I had to start over. Anyway the new album is hidden so it will only been seen by someone using the link in OP.

Last edited:

Pokeroo

Nov 16, 2018
Toronto
Last note. Rant warning.

I was surprise at how much I hated the tobacco flavour. I was expecting it to be halfway decent, since this is an Imperial Tobacco product and I smoke their cigarettes. I know it's actually imported from the UK but still...

Anyway, I find the whole Big Tobacco/Big Pharma campaign against vaping to be quite insidious. They lobby for more restrictive laws on vaping products by invoking panic over childhood health. All the while protecting their profits and market share by severely limiting access to all products but their own. Then they throw this crap on the shelf at $15 for two 2mL@18mg/ml. This is *more* expensive than smoking cigarettes.

They use ignorance and panic to turn the public and policy makers against something that is innovative, beneficial and potentially life-saving, preserving their monopoly and market share, and gouging whoever is left = $$profit$$. It reminds me of the RIAA back in the napster days.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread