Refilling SmokeStik Cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

austintx

Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Austin, Texas
I recently bought the Hendu SmokeStik and have been reading everything I can about how to refill the cartomizers in the forums, but am still a bit confused.

From what I can tell, the SS cartomizer is a more advanced 4081 with an atomizer included as one piece. The cartomizers are meant to be disposable, but I've heard some having success refilling them. I like the prefilled juice OK, but would like to explore buying all the other juices, of various flavors and strengths.

1.) What is best way to refill a SS cartomizer? I'd like to use the condom method, but am unclear if I push the liquid in the threaded side or the mouthpiece side.
2.) If condom method doesn't work for the SS cartomizer, and only works for standard 4081 cartridges, then do I have to pry off the mouthpiece and take the thing apart to drip juice in it? Having never done this, the condom method looks a lot easier and what I would prefer to do if it can work.
3.) Since SS cartomizers don't come unfilled, do I need to wash one somehow after I have used the prefilled liquid? Again, do I need to take it apart to do this? Or can I soak it in hot water? How long would it need to dry, and can it dry out without taking it apart?
4.) I've seen some blank 4081 units for sale (such as at azsmokefree.com), but am still unclear if these will work with the SS Hendu. It is quite confusing for a newbie to know what replacement parts from other vendors would work with the Hendu - if I bought a blank 4081 from somewhere, would I need to pair it with an atomizer? I like the fact that the SmokeStik is just 2 simple pieces.

To sum up, what is best way to go about buying/using juice to use in a SS Hendu? And any exact steps on how to clean (if needed) and refill a cartomizer. Should I try and reuse my used cartomizers from SmokeStik or go about buying blank cartomizers (if so, where and what?) Thanks,

tstcvap-er

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Waco, Tx
take the plastic cap that it comes packaged in, fill it up like halfway and put the mouthpiece end into the cap. slowly push the carto into the cap until all the liquid is pushed into the mouthpiece. you may be able to fit more in there if it totally dry.

let it sit on its side or roll it around for a min, then blow through it into a paper towel and vape.

if it tastes really burnt, and you cant get it to stop after adding liquid, you most likely burnt some of the pollyfill inside the carto and its doneski, youll need a new one.

a carto is a skinny spring-like coil running through the carto, and wrapped tightly with pollyfill. there is a small tube that runs through the center that you draw air through.

hope that was helpful...

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
The caps that come with the SS cartos might be too short for that. I have some of those cartos. I use my end caps from my 510 cartos. You will either need to find a cap that is the right size or fill them with a syringe..at least i assume you can fill them that way... I never have used it.

Just measured, just so people know how small they are. The SS end caps are about 1/3 of an inch long. The longest end cap on a 510 carto is about 1 inch...

I guess the caps may still work, just will be a rather slow process, lol. I guess have to just fill the cap a few times....

Last edited:

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
Yeah, the numbers are basically threading so the pieces connect. They all have different types of hits as well.

You don't need anything else other than juice to refill them. They are easy to fill. The reason that I mentioned the 510 end cap as many people have that model - and they are used to seeing end caps that long off the 510 carto's,...The SS ones are teeny.

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
The caps that they are referring to are the little silicon rubber end caps you pull off a new carto and throw away. All standard cartos are roughly the same diameter - so any of the end caps will work fine. But you likely don't have any others as you just own the SS.

If you do buy blank 4081 carto's my "guess" is the end caps will be longer. Then you can use those... But just a guess.

For instance, my first PV was the Safe Cig (4081). The end caps on those are long and good for using to refill cartos. So again, if you order any other 4081 cartos, you likely will get long end caps...

player30

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham AL
The easiest way to fill a SS carto is a drop at a time into the battery end. Then justwipe off battery end blow from the battery end into a tissue. Nothing to undo or put back together. Very Quick! And it will hold at least 15 drops if it is relatively empty. I find I can refill it about seven times. Then you can either clean or throw it away. To me, they are the easiest cartos to refill.

alchemiss

Mar 8, 2011
Seattle
The easiest way to fill a SS carto is a drop at a time into the battery end. Then justwipe off battery end blow from the battery end into a tissue. Nothing to undo or put back together. Very Quick! And it will hold at least 15 drops if it is relatively empty. I find I can refill it about seven times. Then you can either clean or throw it away. To me, they are the easiest cartos to refill.

Brilliant! It works perfectly.
Thanks for the tip :)

Yankees2011

Apr 3, 2011
USA
Can the battery take 15 drops? Is 15 enough to make the SS carto considered filled? I just got my delivery of drops and put some in the rubber end caps, but was only able to get a few drags off of it. Haven't tried the battery thing yet and found another way, but don't have a jewelers screwdriver (see this link: Discount SmokeStik Links)

player30

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham AL
Yankees, that is way too complicated. Unscrew your cartomizer from the battery, put one drop at a time on the battery end of the carto(the other end from the mouth end). Put about 15 drops in it if it is empty, blow into it from the mouth end holding a tissue at the battery end, and reattach the two together.

lilbakes

May 4, 2011
Michigan
I noticed that nobody recommended trying to pop the top of the mouthpiece off and just dripping straight onto the poly-fill (drip it toward the edges, stay away from the hole going all the way down the middle. If the SS cartomizers don't let you do that, you can most definitely buy other RN4081 cartomizers that you can easily do that with. Personally I've tried all three methods on an RN4081 cartomizer and in my experience it's a lot less messy than the "condom" method, and a lot faster than the battery end fill method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread