Regained smell senses

Status
Not open for further replies.

unfaithful

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2011
United Kingdom
I just got my smell senses back after 3 years of smoking! Went to the shop this morning, and a woman walked past me absolutely stinking of cigarettes, yuk! I've never noticed anyone who smells of smoke when I smoked analogs. I live near water and on the way back I swear I could smell water and grass all around it! I almost cried :). I can't believe I am a non-smoker! I remember myself a few months ago, after numerous attempts to quit smoking, feeling so stuck... like I will forever be a smoker and there is no way out for me :(

Last edited:

ShannonA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Tyler, Tx
Whoopie and congratulations. That's the first health benefit I noticed. I remember going in Wal-Mart and thinking I never knew this place stunk like this. Don't remember which section I was in.

OMG me too except I do remember I was in the dairy section made me want to go to Brookshire's....but Brookshire's has a strong fishy smell now.... sense of smell is a double edged sword for sure.

Linden

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2011
Michigan,USA
Oh goodness yes, the sense of smell. A newfound delight or absolutely disgusting. Once mine came back it was in hyper-drive, though I think it is starting to calm down now after almost 3 months smoke free. That first couple of weeks when it came back, I could smell a smoker (not smoke, but the smokers smell) from across a large room. Today I threw out 4 steaks because I could detect a slightly fishy/rank smell. They were probably fine but my sniffer said no :cry:

Ember

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2011
Tyler, TX
Hey, some of us have to live with that Brookshire's museum... in our backyards

I work retail, and we sell the "OMG satans" at reasonable prices, so I have several customers a night that I literally have to hold my breath around now. The smell of cigarette smoke rolling off of them is just appalling. I seem to have a brand-specific repugnance, though. Camel smokers smell WAY worse to me than Marlboro smokers, for instance.

phonedude

DIY Enthusiast
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2011
Kansas
That's awesome. Getting back that sense of smell is a wonderful feeling. I remember visiting my parent a month after I quit smoking, my mom was making apple pie. The smell from that pie literally had my taste buds melting. Good for you. It only gets better from here!

Think it's time for a trip back home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread