• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Regulations in South Korea??!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skysky

Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
So Cal
i posted in the Korean International Thread but no one seems to check it or even care about it :[

I was curious in the market in Korea and why there are not many shops in a highly populated ecig/smoking country.
I was reading a little on it and found some interesting things and just want to clarify. For one, i red that it is illegal to ship juice with nicotine, however it is just heavily taxed at 40%?! That statement is controversial. How can it be taxed buy illegal?
However you can send all juice with 0mg, then ship pure nicotine. Is that true? Also are there any fully functional vape stores in Korea? such as the shops in SOCAL.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Skida

May 25, 2014
Seoul, Korea
The tax on any imported nicotine containing juice is 400won/mL + 200won/mL education tax. So 60%. In addition there will be customs fees for anything over 150000won, and you may sometimes be charged a delivery fee/tariff of 15,000 won even when under the 150000won mark.

Korea's currently is the country that is most heavily taxing e-cig products in the world. They're taxation rates are based on nicotine content, same as cigarettes. Which would make sense if the efficiency of delivery between vaping and smoking was the same, but it is not.

Although many say that personal use amounts of nicotine products can be imported without tax, using the one to one nicotine scale between cigs and juice, this amounts to 20 mL of juice. And there have been incidents where even 20 mL have been taxed.

If you can read korean, here's the specifics on the personal use criteria.
http://ecustoms.tistory.com/2686

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread