Jul 20, 2014
New Zealand

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
That post is so new you still have options to edit the post. You should be able to remove the line referencing the image attachment just by editing the post and deleting the lines starting with [attach...

If for some reason that doesn't work or you can't see the option when you edit, go to your profile settings and scroll all the way down to the bottom Miscellaneous > Attachments. See if you can delete the attachment uploaded to ECF from there.

Last edited:

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Hi all,

Made a post here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...7-what-did-you-buy-today-40.html#post13927436

Cannot for the life of me figure out how to remove the two attachments at the bottom of the post. I did some experimenting with the easiest way to add a picture to a post, and would like to tidy it up.

Thanks!
You have to Edit Post, then Go Advanced, then scroll down to the bottom and you'll see "Manage Attachments." A popup will haha pop up and you'll see the attachments at the bottom. Click on the one you want to delete, then click the "X" at the top right corner. "Are you sure?" Click Yes. Do the same for any other files you want to delete. When you click done to get out of Upload Manager popup, it'll ask you to drag something else down there. You don't have to - just close the box.

Best way to post pics is to upload them to a photo hosting site, like Flickr, Photobucket, Imgur, etc., preferably in the correct size (760pp wide or smaller x 500pp height is ideal). Then copy the image location from there and use the icon with the tree thing up on top. But instead of using the tab that lets you upload from your computer, use the other tab that asks for a URL. Paste your image location, uncheck the box underneath ("blah blah access the files locally") and click OK.

Last edited:

sedition

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2014
New Zealand
If for some reason that doesn't work or you can't see the option when you edit, go to your profile settings and scroll all the way down to the bottom Miscellaneous > Attachments. See if you can delete the attachment uploaded to ECF from there.

Perfect! The images were attached below the body of the message, there was no text link to delete. Settings - Misc - Attachments worked, thanks!

You have to Edit Post, then Go Advanced, then scroll down to the bottom and you'll see "Manage Attachments." A popup will haha pop up and you'll see the attachments at the bottom. Click on the one you want to delete, then click the "X" at the top right corner. "Are you sure?" Click Yes. Do the same for any other files you want to delete. When you click done to get out of Upload Manager popup, it'll ask you to drag something else down there. You don't have to - just close the box.

I think what I missed here was the X in the top right corner - I wrongly assumed that would close the dialog window rather than deleting the upload. Thanks Cindy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread