Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
What do you guys use to completely remove Noalox from the threads?

After a while, Noalox seems to get kind of gunky and dirty, I wipe it off as well as I can and reapply. But what if I wanted to remove all of it as if it was never there to begin with, what do you suggest I use: alcohol, soap....? I don't know what dilutes it. Thanks in advance.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
A toothbrush, dishsoap and hot water. The toothbrush works great for cleaning out the threads and also works good on the inside tube threads. I recommend a once a week bath and re-apply lube. Sometimes it's tough to get your kids in the bathtub, but once in, they love it!

Teo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
Appleton, WI
What do you guys use to completely remove Noalox from the threads?

After a while, Noalox seems to get kind of gunky and dirty, I wipe it off as well as I can and reapply. But what if I wanted to remove all of it as if it was never there to begin with, what do you suggest I use: alcohol, soap....? I don't know what dilutes it. Thanks in advance.

Everclear 95% and Q-tips

jimho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2009
New York
North Shore you mean the one we use for cpu's like arctic silver5 or similar ?

Frmthe- you made me look it up... Arctic Silver 5 is electrically non con-conductive - its for thermal conductivity ... all the conductive silver grease I was able to find (made for connectors) is expensive as all hell... like $25-$30 for the smallest tube...unless you need it for something else, seems like overkill just to make the noalox stay on a bit longer...

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Frmthe- you made me look it up... Arctic Silver 5 is electrically non con-conductive - its for thermal conductivity ... all the conductive silver grease I was able to find (made for connectors) is expensive as all hell... like $25-$30 for the smallest tube...unless you need it for something else, seems like overkill just to make the noalox stay on a bit longer...

I used to recommend the silver conductive grease for the old S6 and T1, but for the Precise, I recommend Ideal Noalox.

Torqueguy

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2011
Central Virginia
A toothbrush, dishsoap and hot water. The toothbrush works great for cleaning out the threads and also works good on the inside tube threads. I recommend a once a week bath and re-apply lube. Sometimes it's tough to get your kids in the bathtub, but once in, they love it!
When my son turned 13, we couldn't keep him out of the shower!

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
When my son turned 13, we couldn't keep him out of the shower!

OK, got it!

Give my daughter the precise and an extra toothbrush and throw her in the shower with them. That's rather an awesome form of discrete child labor. I love it! ;-)

I'm going to go wake her up now.... my main Precise needs a good scrubbing. -Magnus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread