REOnauts just went +1

Status
Not open for further replies.

shwa311

Jan 9, 2011
Rochester, NY
After a bit of reading here and just plane getting bored of my current setups (Bloog & EGO 650) I've decided to become a reonaut.

Today I purchased the reo mini in black red and I'm very excited to give it a go. This will also be my first delve into the mod world and been vaping for 15 months cig free.

Couple of questions:
My normal juice today is 100% PG from Bloog. How will this preform? I'm beginning to get a bit of an irritated throat so I'm already considering more of a VG base. What balance is considered optimal?

My preference from the beginning has been cartos. DCHV 1.5 for the EGO and Maxx fusion for the Bloog. Will the DCHV cartos suffice? I have some LR attys from long ago so I will also try them.

Thanks everyone. Can't wait!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?4sghb5

sashwa

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Alcatraz
Congrats on your Reo and for being 15 months cig free!

You can use attys or cartos on your Reo. If your juice is real thin then you may have to use the reducing tube that will come with it. I use different mixtures in mine with no problems - 70pg/30vg, 50/50, and 100% vg. You just have to remember not to squonk your bottle as hard for juices with a higher ratio of PG.

Please join us in the Reo sub-forum with any questions or help with the Reo: Reos Mods

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
CONGRATULATIONS on getting your REO mini and being cig free for 15 months!! That's a great accomplishment and wish you further success in the future.

My normal juice today is 100% PG from Bloog. How will this preform? I'm beginning to get a bit of an irritated throat so I'm already considering more of a VG base. What balance is considered optimal?

My preference from the beginning has been cartos. DCHV 1.5 for the EGO and Maxx fusion for the Bloog. Will the DCHV cartos suffice? I have some LR attys from long ago so I will also try them.

REO's are originally intended to be used with VG juices. Although, any type of juice can be used with your REO. Even if you decide to go the opposite route. The reducer tube will make that possible and to stop any overfeeding. There isn't an optimal balance of PG/VG. It's all dependent on the individual and their preferences. That's the beauty of a REO.

You can use any carto that you want on it but, you will have to get the appropriate adapter in order for it to work. But, I never heard of a DCHV. But, if the threading is either a; 801, 901/808, 510, and 306 then it will work.

shwa311

Jan 9, 2011
Rochester, NY
Thanks everyone for the good info. I will end trying some new mixes. Good to know about the different tubes.

I will also give the attys another go although I found the LR to be a bit harsh on my ego. Is that because I've been mostly PG to date?

Thanks again and yes, I actually meant to post this in the Reo's Mods sub forum.

Anxiously waiting!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?r4ztbx

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Your welcome and welcome to the family. For atties, just prime them before use. Which is fairly easy. All you need to do is drip 6 drops in there and wait for 10 minutes. Then your good for 5 hits or so until you need to feed it again. The easiest way I know how is the "blind squonk".

Lightly press the bottle while doing a dry hit (w/o hitting button). When you hear a gurgle then stop immediately. Helps to do a couple more dry hits to draw the juice into the atomizer. Then vape away.

What ohms is your LR atty? Some people don't like a harsh hit of a 1.5ohm atty since it gives to much warmth and Th to their vape. Also, with delicate/fruit/dessert flavors. They can lead to a burnt flavor or nothing at all. So, some prefer to only use 1.8 and 2 ohms for this reason. These are also the best ohms to start with for an atomizer since it's more forgiving. Meaning that it's less likely that you'll end up popping the coil (which can kill it).

An ego is only 3.4V and so, it will be much harsher on a REO. Which starts off at 4.2V and does down to 3.7-3.8V.

Hope that you get your REO soon. Everyone in the sub-forum is always happy to welcome new members and help them out.

Don't forget to read this thread to know what other supplies you should get. That is best suited for your REO:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...if-reo-your-first-mod-what-you-will-need.html

Plenty of other interesting information located in this thread:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/270331-free-reo-forum-thread-index.html
Thanks everyone for the good info. I will end trying some new mixes. Good to know about the different tubes.

I will also give the attys another go although I found the LR to be a bit harsh on my ego. Is that because I've been mostly PG to date?

Thanks again and yes, I actually meant to post this in the Reo's Mods sub forum.

Anxiously waiting!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?r4ztbx

Last edited:

shwa311

Jan 9, 2011
Rochester, NY
DCHV = dual coil heavy vapor. Thanks.

I believe the LR attys are 1.8. I forget who from and brand as I got them so long ago.

My REO mini should have been here yesterday but no luck. Probably today!

I hear they come with an atty and if so that will be my first try. Probably with my Bloog SPI juice. Maybe I will try and cut the juice with some straight PG.

I like the idea of thinner juice just auto feeding although that seems like it could get messy if you draw to hard.

How does the REO fare in your pocket? Do they tend to leak at all?

Thanks again everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
CONGRATULATIONS and welcome to our cult...........I mean family....hahahha:laugh:

Anyways, it's great to hear that your liking your REO. Love 1.5 ohm atties myself and barely have any different ohmed atties in my collection. And yeah, it's easy to go overboard with your REO. Just make sure to take it easy or maybe even lower your nic level. If you have any questions then don't hesitate to ask.

Keekers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Michigan
Welcome!

I remember how exciting it was when I got my REO mini. I've seen a couple of drops on my comforter and on my shirt before and I have no idea how they got there. I'm guessing I overfilled the REO and some dripped out of the catch cup.

When I first got my REO there was a lot of leakage! (inside) I didn't screw the bottle on tight enough!

PG really bothered my throat when I was smoking it 80%/20%. Everyone has a different reaction but when I went to a higher VG level I was very happy with the noticeable difference on my throat.

My perfect cartos are 1.7 ohm.

I'm so excited for you! :banana::banana::banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread