replacement atomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im new to vaping, so bear with me. I have all 3 versions of the Kanger protank and I like them quite a bit. My problem is flooding with the new atomizers I purchased to replace the worn out ones that came with the tank. I purchased a 5 pack and the first 3 began flooding within the first few hours of use! I didn't screw them in too hard, I don't draw too strongly, and I clean all the parts each time I refill or flood. I keep getting fluid in my mouth. They came packaged in a Kanger box, and I paid about $10 for the pack. Did I get screwed or am I doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated, and again, I'm pretty new to this.

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
Hi and welcome to ECF,

Hmmm ... not sure what could be causing this. Are they the same size as the atomizers you were using? Kanger used to have different sized coils for different tanks, and if you got a box of the older ones, they tended to leak a lot more ...

Just make sure they are screwed in snugly, other than that I can't think of anything that would cause this problem.

bueno1955

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Colorado Springs, Co USA
I have been told from my local shop that they have been having problems with the Kanger heads. Unfortunately there is really nothing you can do except take the head out and blow down the chimney and get the excess juice out and start again. I had to 5 packs do this to me lately. It sucks but it happens when MASS produced.

XfooYen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2012
SoCal
There's a lot of factors which can lead to flooding in ProTanks.

Juice viscosity is the main one. Thinner juice will usually flood the Kangers.

Make sure you have the silicone grommet (which sits over the replacement head) still in place. Absence of that grommet will cause juice to seep into the coil and flood it.

Keep your tank filled. The ProTanks are known to get gurgly when the juice level drops below 1/2 full.

If your troubleshooting fails, you might try switching devices and buy the Aspire BDC tanks. They're cheap, give better flavor and vapor than the Protanks, and don't have the same flooding issues that the Kangers have. ymmv. Good luck.

ScottChensoda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2013
Lat:51.53889/Long:0.14743
Hello Bob, Firstly the Protank itself is an atomizer as such and the small replacement doodads are known as replacement heads. Regarding the leaking you mention, a) you need to tighten the replacement heads as tightly as possible so they form a proper seal to the metal centre post running the length of the Protank and b) make sure you don't overfill the tank when refilling. The other thing you might like to try are the dual coil Aspire that fit Protanks heads but you would require a very expensive adapter. Some $6/7 anyways. I did post a review from Todd on here just an hour or so if you want to take a look at it. Highly recommended as I've been using one on my Anyvape Davide the last couple of months or so.

I have a question about BDC. I bought an Aspire BDC the other day and had used my friends before and love em. I have a mini protank II that I thought was amazing until I used the Aspire. I'm using a 1.8 ohm BDC head right now and I'm getting dry hits which I haven't really had since using BDC glassomizers. I'm gunna try a 2.1 next to see if that's the issue but should I try a more pg blend? I'm currently vaping 50/50. I thought maybe with only two small holes the thicker blend may not be feeding as well as it should. Maybe a thinner juice and a 2.1 ohm head will do the trick. I'm tired of dry hits and I'm at 3.3v.

Brew mn

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2013
Minne sota
Sounds like you may be getting juice in the tube when filling. I can't recall ever getting liquid in my mouth on a Protank, even when flooded. To clear it without taking it apart, hold it upside down and blow thru the drip tip (make sure you have a tissue over over the 510 connection). You will hear it clear itself.
The Protank 2 is my favorite, but you need to rebuild the heads to get great performance out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread