Replacement For Pico Squeeze?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff M.

May 7, 2015
I’ve been using a couple of Pico Squeezes (original) for almost 2 years. I sort of just found my groove and have been very happy with them since, so I haven’t really followed what’s new or the latest & greatest trends.

Well one of my Picos has bit the dust and the other is probably not to far from it. Looking to buy another one only to find out they’re discontinued! And the Squeeze 2 looks gigantic.

It seems like everything on the market right now is ”bigger & better” with 20/21XXX batteries and big LED screens for temp control etc. I’m not opposed to new and improved tech, but bigger is definitely not what I want. If anything, I could go smaller and be quite happy. Are there any decent new squonkers that are appropriately the same size/form factor as the original Pico/Pico Squeeze? Or am I pretty much SOL?

Reactions: CMD-Ky

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
Plus one for the Wismec luxotic. Here's a sale deal on them. I love mine.
Wismec Luxotic BF Squonk Mod
The mod in my profile pic is a luxotic.
Man they rape you on shipping there, but for $5.99 I said screw it and bought the black and the resin. My 2 new Wasp Nanos will be sitting on those. The black one on the black mod & the silver on the resin.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
Man they rape you on shipping there, but for $5.99 I said screw it and bought the black and the resin. My 2 new Wasp Nanos will be sitting on those. The black one on the black mod & the silver on the resin.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Yeah shipping bites, but for ~$10.00 shipped per mod to me, it's a no brainer. Their customer service is good too, so that is a plus.

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
Keep a close eye on those Wismec Luxotic BF mods ... there is a known problem with them where they would leak and wind up frying the control board.
I heard about the leaking problem. Before I used it I sealed the problem area with silicone, no problems yet. It's only been a few day so far, but it looks ok, no juice leaking. This is the video I watched to fix mine, except I siliconed the outside of the pin where it connects to the tube. Taking the pin out was being a pain.

Not the prettiest pic or job, but here's a pic of the problem area, after I siliconed it. No leakage, not a drop.

20191009_234358.jpg

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
I’ve been using a couple of Pico Squeezes (original) for almost 2 years. I sort of just found my groove and have been very happy with them since, so I haven’t really followed what’s new or the latest & greatest trends.

Well one of my Picos has bit the dust and the other is probably not to far from it. Looking to buy another one only to find out they’re discontinued! And the Squeeze 2 looks gigantic.

It seems like everything on the market right now is ”bigger & better” with 20/21XXX batteries and big LED screens for temp control etc. I’m not opposed to new and improved tech, but bigger is definitely not what I want. If anything, I could go smaller and be quite happy. Are there any decent new squonkers that are appropriately the same size/form factor as the original Pico/Pico Squeeze? Or am I pretty much SOL?
The Wismec Luxotic BF is a small well built unregulated squonk mod with safety features built in. The Tobhino atty in this kit is a winner too. You might be able to get a better deal but here's one about half price.
If you buy this look for a kit with the silicone bottle or else you can buy the silicone bottles from Fasttech. Much better than the original harder plastic squonk bottles. Good luck!

You are being redirected...

edit: just saw Blitzdonlife's post with that amazing vape NW deal ! woo ee :banana:

Last edited:

Jeff M.

May 7, 2015
Thank you all for the input. I really appreciate the support offered here.

Why not replace them with a...

Drum roll, please...

A Pico squeeze!

You are being redirected...

I’m very tempted to do just that, but... but... hot pink. Just not my style. I have been debating whether it could be worth it to put the guts from a new one into the beat up shell of one of my old ones, but pulling them apart in a last ditch effort to clean the boards and other internals resulted in some damage to the fire buttons/switch. I’m not sure I want to trash a brand new one in the attempt.

Plus one for the Wismec luxotic. Here's a sale deal on them. I love mine.
Wismec Luxotic BF Squonk Mod
The mod in my profile pic is a luxotic.

I ordered a pair before leaving town before the weekend and they arrived today just as I returned. I’m going to preemptively “fix” the leaking issues, but just need to determine the “best” methods & materials. I’m researching neutral cure (alcohol based solvent - not stinky and ok for electronics) vs acetoxy cure (stinky and uses acid that will etch PCBs) and trying to figure out if there’s a food (vape) safe neutral cure silicone on the market. Haven’t found one yet that advertises both.

In the short term I’m just going to hit the area prone to leaking with some super glue just to get one up and running.

I also stumbled across the Geekvape Aegis Squonk, and really like the idea of a ruggedized water resistant mod, despite the larger size. I may still have to add one to the stable. We’ll see.

Thanks again all.

Reactions: Blitzdonlife

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Thank you all for the input. I really appreciate the support offered here.

I’m very tempted to do just that, but... but... hot pink. Just not my style. I have been debating whether it could be worth it to put the guts from a new one into the beat up shell of one of my old ones, but pulling them apart in a last ditch effort to clean the boards and other internals resulted in some damage to the fire buttons/switch. I’m not sure I want to trash a brand new one in the attempt.

I ordered a pair before leaving town before the weekend and they arrived today just as I returned. I’m going to preemptively “fix” the leaking issues, but just need to determine the “best” methods & materials. I’m researching neutral cure (alcohol based solvent - not stinky and ok for electronics) vs acetoxy cure (stinky and uses acid that will etch PCBs) and trying to figure out if there’s a food (vape) safe neutral cure silicone on the market. Haven’t found one yet that advertises both.

In the short term I’m just going to hit the area prone to leaking with some super glue just to get one up and running.

I also stumbled across the Geekvape Aegis Squonk, and really like the idea of a ruggedized water resistant mod, despite the larger size. I may still have to add one to the stable. We’ll see.

Thanks again all.
If I can offer some advice it would be to hold off.
Wismec fixed the leaking issues in the later runs of Luxotic BFs. My first one developed a problem which I sorted out with silicone sealant but after that the others have never leaked. Super glue seems like the wrong approach cause if it does develop leaking you won't easily be able to open it up again. Also super glue has no flexibility - just wrong for sealing IMO.
The Luxotic BF with a Recurve was my all day vape for over a year. Brilliant little boxes.
Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread