nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Hi,

I need to replace the bottle and tube in one of my REOs. I see that the bottle cap is not open for the tubing.

To open up the cap, what do you guys/gals recommend?

Thanks!

Yes, a 11/64 works well. IF your old cap is fine save it! Or just use it! If you want to toss it remove the o-ring first. Might be a good back-up.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Subbing to keep the info, just wanted to say, thanks for asking this!

Papa, are you using the vapage bottles? Someone else was telling me about some from FT but I need to find out which ones precisely.

also, just to make sure this would also apply to the minis correct except for the o ring size. Anyone know what size the o ring is for the minis bottles? The regular size like ID OD etc would be good, but @Rule62 if you happen to know the home depot size for those that would be great too. If not, no biggie. Thanks y'all :)

ETA: adding this for my own knowledge, but also in case anyone else can use it, someone had a button cover where the hole was a bit too deep and someone suggested using an oring inside the button cover size:
Sounds like you need about 1/16" thick
1/8 ID X 1/4 OD X 1/16 CS fits perfectly

Last edited:

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
thanks had heard pros and cons about them quite awhile back, then forgot about em. May check those out.

You need to make sure you get a nice clean hole drilled. If not, you're looking at a leaky seal with the tube - air will escape, causing poor squonkage and leaking. Some people have had trouble with the bottle caps leaking, too - just make sure to seat it well and tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread