Rich, doughy, buttery, sweet, convincing bakery vapes (convince a tobacco vaper)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
I've been vaping since last July and have discovered that tobacco blends are my favorite juice types. Some favorites being BWB RY4, BWB Casablanca, Vermillion River Kentucky Premium, Cherrywood, and Applewood, Prime vaping Love From Above, and AVE Gorilla Juice.

Though I mainly vape tobaccos, I would love to have some good dessert vapes in my rotation. I know the right ones are out there for me, but I haven't found many I like. Out of all of them, the only memorable dessert vapes I've had are Peanut Butter Cookie from Vapor Room, Blueberry Pancake from FSUSA, and Red Velvet Cake from Top Vapor (though the flavor on this one is a little light for me).

I tried the Pineapple Upside-down Cake from KBV and it just tasted of strong medicinal pineapple to me; no cake in it to be found (though it could have been because I ordered extra flavor). This has made me leary to try their other dessert and bakery offerings, despite their high reputation in the community.

I want to taste the doughiness in my bakery vapes, along with butteriness and richness. I don't just want a sugary, fruity, artificial vape. I'm leaning towards Vape-a-licious right now; particularly their Gooey Butter Cake, Banana Nut, Snickerdoodle, and Pecan Log. Do these seem like they'd fit the bill for me? Are there other places you can recommend? Should I give KBV another try?

I just want to stress again that it's very very important the juices have a doughy, buttery, and rich quality to them, with no artificialness (yes, I made up a word, lol)

Thanks for your help everyone! I've really been itching for some high quality bakery/dessert flavors.

Also, if I order from Vape-a-licious, should I opt for the extra flavor or no?

Thanks again!

P.S. - Please don't suggest Ms T's. I know they're an ECF favorite, but I find them to be too overpriced and out of my budget. I'm sure it's great juice, but it's just not affordable for me.

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
f
I always order double flavored shots. EFC Blends is affordable and has lots of options and a create your own wizard with an option for "make it a cookie". Good stuff and affordable.

Thanks for the recommendation! Can you taste the doughiness/cookieness of their stuff though? That's really what I'm looking for...

And everyone else, please chime in. I know there's a lot of bakery nuts out there just like I'm a tobacco nut. I really need your opinions. Thanks!

Vego

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
pittsburgh, pa
I don't know if you like maple or not, but if so, Juicy Vapor's Franch Toast is all about butteriness and richness. The maple is noticed first. It's an okay maple, perhaps a slight bit artificial tasting... definitely the weakest link; although it's quickly balanced by an awesome butter flavor that just explodes on the exhale and finish. The butter is so good that you quickly forget about the artificial aspect of the maple, while the sense of melted butter in hot maple syrup dripping off a slice of french toast is nicely immitated upon the palette. Very dark and thick. Very rich. Very sweet. Very buttery. Also very detremental to attys too, as it will clog one faster than hot bacon fat clogs a cold drain. You've been warned.

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
Wow, the prices are unbelievable at EC Blend! Are their bakery flavors worth it though? Any perfuminess? I get artificial/perfuminess from most of the stuff at Gourmet Vapor and Vapor Bomb (those are my points of reference because they're the only dessert flavors I've had that taste like that; I avoid those tastes at all costs). I really want something authentic, something that'll make my mouth water as I vape it...

Last edited:

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
I don't know if you like maple or not, but if so, Juicy Vapor's Franch Toast is all about butteriness and richness. The maple is noticed first. It's an okay maple, perhaps a slight bit artificial tasting... definitely the weakest link; although it's quickly balanced by an awesome butter flavor that just explodes on the exhale and finish. The butter is so good that you quickly forget about the artificial aspect of the maple, while the sense of melted butter in hot maple syrup dripping off a slice of french toast is nicely immitated upon the palette. Very dark and thick. Very rich. Very sweet. Very buttery. Also very detremental to attys too, as it will clog one faster than hot bacon fat clogs a cold drain. You've been warned.

I've heard their french toast is really good. I love the french toast from Vapor Room and I've heard that Juicy Vapor slightly edges them out so I'll have to try it during their next sale. Thanks!

What about Vape-a-licious everyone? I've heard great things about their gooey butter cake. Anyone familiar with their baked goods? High quality or no? Extra flavoring or no?

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
Wow, the prices are unbelievable at EC Blend! Are their bakery flavors worth it though? Any perfuminess? I get artificial/perfuminess from most of the stuff at Gourmet Vapor and Vapor Bomb (those are my points of reference because they're the only dessert flavors I've had that taste like that; I avoids those tastes at all costs). I really want something authentic, something that'll make my mouth water as I vape it...

hi bumble,
Some of ECBlends flavors need to steep for a bit - I've noticed that primarily with their coffee and caramel flavors. The thin mint cookie tastes just like a gs cookie, but guilt free. I love it! The peanut butter cup is also wonderful, and I sometimes like to mix it with either chocolate chili or orange cream. Chocolate cherry swirl is yummy, and their white peach ala Zoe (juicy peach with white chocolate) is phenomenal, as are the pear and peach/ cantaloupe flavors.

Buy the 5ml to start, and use code 10020 for 20% off if your order - its inexpensive enough that you can order a bunch and find flavors you love :)

Happy vaping,
Cheeky

Sent using Tapatalk
"Being happy doesn't mean things are perfect. It means you've decided to look past the imperfections." ~ anon

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
hi bumble,
Some of ECBlends flavors need to steep for a bit - I've noticed that primarily with their coffee and caramel flavors. The thin mint cookie tastes just like a gs cookie, but guilt free. I love it! The peanut butter cup is also wonderful, and I sometimes like to mix it with either chocolate chili or orange cream. Chocolate cherry swirl is yummy, and their white peach ala Zoe (juicy peach with white chocolate) is phenomenal, as are the pear and peach/ cantaloupe flavors.

Buy the 5ml to start, and use code 10020 for 20% off if your order - its inexpensive enough that you can order a bunch and find flavors you love :)

Happy vaping,
Cheeky

Sent using Tapatalk
"Being happy doesn't mean things are perfect. It means you've decided to look past the imperfections." ~ anon

Thanks! I'll definitely give them a try!

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Your tobacco favorites are also some of mine, as well as your memorable dessert vapes, so your flavor palate may just match mine...

With that said, I have never found anything doughy anywhere, so I can't help there.
But I can tell you which dessert flavors have worked for me...

--Tasty Vapor Caramel Popcorn
--Tasty Vapor German Chocolate Cake
--Tasty Vapor Tastyfinger
--Tasty Vapor Apple Pie
--Mr's T's Bakery Blueberry Muffin
--Mr's T's Bakery Cinnamon Rolls

That's all I have to offer.
:)

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
Your tobacco favorites are also some of mine, as well as your memorable dessert vapes, so your flavor palate may just match mine...

With that said, I have never found anything doughy anywhere, so I can't help there.
But I can tell you which dessert flavors have worked for me...

--Tasty Vapor Caramel Popcorn
--Tasty Vapor German Chocolate Cake
--Tasty Vapor Tastyfinger
--Tasty Vapor Apple Pie
--Mr's T's Bakery Blueberry Muffin
--Mr's T's Bakery Cinnamon Rolls

That's all I have to offer.
:)

Excellent! Great to meet someone else with my flavor profile. I'm gonna add you as a friend so we can recommend flavors to each other. How is that tastyfinger? Does it really taste like a Butterfinger? And you say you haven't found anything that's doughy... that makes me sad because I'd really like to find a nice doughy vape. What about buttery? Does the apple pie from TV have any butteriness to it?

And I've GOTTA know about the caramel popcorn! I've been dying to try one but didn't wanna sample it from numerous vendors. Is TV's version pretty spot on? Does it have a salty sweetness to it, or is it mainly just sweet?

Cynder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2011
Alaska
I've heard their french toast is really good. I love the french toast from Vapor Room and I've heard that Juicy Vapor slightly edges them out so I'll have to try it during their next sale. Thanks!

What about Vape-a-licious everyone? I've heard great things about their gooey butter cake. Anyone familiar with their baked goods? High quality or no? Extra flavoring or no?

Vape-a-licious is one of my favorite vendors. I am more of a fruit vaper at the moment, but their bakery juices are outstanding, especially GBC and AG's Dream. I always get extra flavor because my taste buds need it. Some people like a stronger flavor, others more subtle, so if you like a bit more flavor go for the Xtra for sure.

aubergine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
MD
I happen to like KBV's pineapple upside down cake (steeped), but I think it's not for everyone. The pineapple's quite intense in that. But for what you're wanting I do think they're the best - try the gooey better cake for starters. If you don't like that chemical-fake taste you might be disappointed in TV and Ms T's - I was. Highbrow's another good one, but I think KBV has the bakery thing down the best, and that you started with a somewhat tough flavor. All very subjective etc., though.

Ladypixel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
La Verne, CA
Before my tastes started turning away from tobacco (which is a really, really recent development, and makes me somewhat sad), I loved the Vermillion River tobaccos (specifically KP#7, but the others were fantastic too).

What did the major change for me, I think, was VapeDudes cinnamon roll in an extra flavor format. I've had that both in 18 and in 24, and it's beautifully buttery, rich, with a nice cinnamon-roll doughiness to it. The cinnamon is actually understated compared to that doughy-buttery flavor, in fact. It's one of my present favorites. (Their cheesecake flavors are also phenomenal -- not super-sweet, definitely cheesecake.)

If you think you'd enjoy something that has a nutty taste but isn't sweet, Backwoods Brew's "Nutty" is a very potent hazelnut with undertones of cashew and almond. It's actually a bit too hazelnut for me, so I end up blending a bit of Liberty Flights' almond PG with it and adding a teeny bit of sweetener.

Hope that helps!

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
1-vote here for KVB Gooey Better Cake,,, this is a super juice, I order mine with extra flavor always and really enjoy this juice, it also changes for the better as it steeps and turns a darker color, a good 2 weeks at a minimum for this juice to steep and turn around, it is very vapable right out of the box too but I much prefer it 2 weeks in then right away, I usually always have 4 bottles sitting while I'm finishing up my last order of this too. KVB has some seriously good bakery juices. There Monkey Bread is good too as well as the Rice Krispity Treat

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Excellent! Great to meet someone else with my flavor profile. I'm gonna add you as a friend so we can recommend flavors to each other. How is that tastyfinger? Does it really taste like a Butterfinger? And you say you haven't found anything that's doughy... that makes me sad because I'd really like to find a nice doughy vape. What about buttery? Does the apple pie from TV have any butteriness to it?

And I've GOTTA know about the caramel popcorn! I've been dying to try one but didn't wanna sample it from numerous vendors. Is TV's version pretty spot on? Does it have a salty sweetness to it, or is it mainly just sweet?
I don't really do dessert flavors much anymore, and I've almost completely moved back to tobacco flavors.
So even though the flavors I mentioned earlier worked for me, I haven't tried them in awhile so I'm not sure if they have changed.

Having said that, here are the answers to your questions, as best I can remember...
--The Tastyfinger tastes more like a Reese's than a Butterfinger, and the difference might be a lack of butteriness
--The Apple Pie isn't really buttery to me, unfortunately, and I would say I don't really taste much crust either
--The caramel popcorn used to be my favorite, but I never noticed any saltiness, although that would have been really nice

Sorry that none of those answers were what you were looking for.
I've never tasted any juice that I would consider buttery or doughy tasting.
:(

However, Kick Bass Vapor does have a caramelized cappuccino that is a bit salty, and it is one of my favorite coffee flavors for that reason.

And as a side note...
One of the big issues with buttery flavor is that diacetyl is a common ingredient in butter flavors.
But diacetyl has been removed from most juices because it poses a potential health danger when inhaled.

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
Vape-a-licious is one of my favorite vendors. I am more of a fruit vaper at the moment, but their bakery juices are outstanding, especially GBC and AG's Dream. I always get extra flavor because my taste buds need it. Some people like a stronger flavor, others more subtle, so if you like a bit more flavor go for the Xtra for sure.

I do like stronger flavor, but sometimes with bakery type vapes, the extra flavor with bring out whatever fruity flavors are in the juice and mute the bakery stuff like cakey type flavors (from what I've heard at least). Does that make sense? I don't know. I'm really tired and not exactly sure if I even know what I'm talking about, lol.

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
I happen to like KBV's pineapple upside down cake (steeped), but I think it's not for everyone. The pineapple's quite intense in that. But for what you're wanting I do think they're the best - try the gooey better cake for starters. If you don't like that chemical-fake taste you might be disappointed in TV and Ms T's - I was. Highbrow's another good one, but I think KBV has the bakery thing down the best, and that you started with a somewhat tough flavor. All very subjective etc., though.

That's kind of what I was thinking: that I started with a tough flavor. I always did plan to give KBV another try. I also read in a review that the pineapple upside down cake with extra flavor muted all the cake aspect to it and made it taste like a fake pineapple lifesaver type flavor, which is exactly what I got from it. I'd imagine I would've liked it better without the extra flavor. This is why I sometimes wish places didn't offer extra flavor and just offered it however they think is best. The whole "to get extra flavor or not" question frustrates me more than anything when ordering liquids.

Either way, you've definitely given me more reason to give them another try, and I definitely will. Thanks!

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
Before my tastes started turning away from tobacco (which is a really, really recent development, and makes me somewhat sad), I loved the Vermillion River tobaccos (specifically KP#7, but the others were fantastic too).

What did the major change for me, I think, was VapeDudes cinnamon roll in an extra flavor format. I've had that both in 18 and in 24, and it's beautifully buttery, rich, with a nice cinnamon-roll doughiness to it. The cinnamon is actually understated compared to that doughy-buttery flavor, in fact. It's one of my present favorites. (Their cheesecake flavors are also phenomenal -- not super-sweet, definitely cheesecake.)

If you think you'd enjoy something that has a nutty taste but isn't sweet, Backwoods Brew's "Nutty" is a very potent hazelnut with undertones of cashew and almond. It's actually a bit too hazelnut for me, so I end up blending a bit of Liberty Flights' almond PG with it and adding a teeny bit of sweetener.

Hope that helps!

That definitely does help! I'm gonna have to check out that cinnamon roll because buttery, rich, and doughy is exactly what I'm looking for. I've had some crap cheesecake flavors too, so a more authentic one would be nice.

I've been curious about BWB nutty. I love the 555 exotic and the hazelnut tobacco, but never tried nutty because it doesn't say there's tobacco in it so I wasn't sure if I'd like it, but maybe I'll give it a shot on my next order from them. Thanks!

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
1-vote here for KVB Gooey Better Cake,,, this is a super juice, I order mine with extra flavor always and really enjoy this juice, it also changes for the better as it steeps and turns a darker color, a good 2 weeks at a minimum for this juice to steep and turn around, it is very vapable right out of the box too but I much prefer it 2 weeks in then right away, I usually always have 4 bottles sitting while I'm finishing up my last order of this too. KVB has some seriously good bakery juices. There Monkey Bread is good too as well as the Rice Krispity Treat

I was thinking about going with the monkey bread and rice krispity treat for my next order from them since that's what they're known for. One question though, should those be ordered with or without extra flavor in your opinion? It seems rice krispity should be since rice crispies are a light flavor to begin with, but I'd like to hear from those who have had it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread