Status
Not open for further replies.

evosil98

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2011
Hawaii
www.richmanvapors.com
Hey Everyone, Sorry for the late reopening. It has been a very busy few months. I moved, got married, went on a honeymoon, and a bunch of other unexpected headaches. LOL

RichMan Vapors will slowly bring back a few products but we are still slowly getting to normal. I do apologize for all the inconveniences. Happy vaping everyone.

Benji5981

Oct 30, 2012
Midwest USA
Hello everyone, I just purchased a richman hybrid and am awaiting its arrival. ; ). I would greatly appreciate if I could get some recommendations for IMR 18650 batteries and a charger. Richman recommends "quality" batteries. Also, do I need "protected" batteries, meaning I don't believe the Richman hybrid is variable voltage(don't think so-not an issue though) and I don't know if it has short circuit protection. Lastly button top or flat top? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

lamarrk

ECF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Huntsville, Alabama (Rocket City), USA
Hello everyone, I just purchased a richman hybrid and am awaiting its arrival. ; ). I would greatly appreciate if I could get some recommendations for IMR 18650 batteries and a charger. Richman recommends "quality" batteries. Also, do I need "protected" batteries, meaning I don't believe the Richman hybrid is variable voltage(don't think so-not an issue though) and I don't know if it has short circuit protection. Lastly button top or flat top? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Since the Rickman Hybrid has an adjustable positive pin, both type batteries (button and flat top) work with no problems. I'd recommend IMR batteries. I use AW and Efest batteries (ONLY IMR). You can use batteries with built in circuit protection. For the price, the Intellicharger (I2 or I4) is hard to beat.

There is no built-in short circuit protection as it is a fully mechanical mod.

The Richman is a great device and well made. You won't be disappointed.

louis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2010
Mt Vernon,Texas
Rich, Glad you are back & safe. Don't kow about the married part.LOL I have been married 3 times & this one has lasted 18 years. Pretty good huh?
I now o=know why you haven't replie dto my e-mails.
I received my hybrid today & after a inspection made a wick & coil & have been vaping it all afternoon.
I am satisfied with the unit so far & will leave a review on the website in a few days after I have had a chance to put it through it's paces. so to speak.

louis

louis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2010
Mt Vernon,Texas
A follow up to my earlier post. Make sure everything is tight on the uint when unboxing. The firing screw in the switch & the tank is screwed together as mine became loose on about the third tank of juice.
Other than that the lock ring is slick but can get tightened when you spin it to lock &when up unscrew it the whole switch will try to come out.

louis

Mistaree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Hampton, Virginia
I admit.... I've been vaping on my Kayfuns & Aqua atties on top of my Nemesis mods for the past few months & neglecting my #074 Richman Hybrid. But over the weekend I picked it up, cleaned it, built a .08 Kanthal micro-coil with a cotton wick & popped in a 30 amp Sony 18650 battery... It was "Vapor Bliss", as if I got her out of the mail for the first time, all over again. The Richman Hybrid was & is my 1st "High End" mod & my 1st "Hybrid".... And I will never sell or trade this outstanding mod. It just doesn't get any better than this...lol Hey Rich.... How about making the 1st DNA 20 hybrid mod ? Just an idea I'd like to throw out there....lol...But seriously guys, this mod is an outstanding work of art & a honor to own, one of the best hybrid mods on the market & It just don't get any better than this.. Neither the Nobel or the Pure can even come close to what the Richman Hybrid puts out there, in craftsmanship, vapor production, throat hit or flavor...I can't say enough, how much I love this mod & what a blessing it is to own one...Happy Vapes All Around Vapor Heads... Its Hump Day & there's no better vapor than this....lol Vape Safe Everybody !!!

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
Got mine yesterday and am thoroughly pleased. The only minor, minor complaint is that the top cap is slightly lighter shade of gray. I got the matte finish. Here's a few photos, including the quick (and VERY easy) build.
12920188453_b10becf9b8_h.jpg

12920086845_95b530ef85_h.jpg

12920503014_7d9b005217_b.jpg

12920503424_8adbae9c6e_h.jpg

12920183863_93dd2fa2ce_h.jpg

Last edited:

puro

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2012
Tucson AZ
I purchased one of these over a month ago. I'm using SS wicks, and using the techniques I've used in my other genesis type attys for a couple of years. The build is really great, but I get a very strong metallic taste that I cannot get rid of. It's not the sharp metallic taste you get when you have a short in your coil, but something I just cannot identify. I have cleaned the device 3 times now and made 3 new SS wicks, and the metallic taste is still quite strong. It overpowers my peach/apple juice. The same juice and coils that produce a wonderful vape in my other devices is completely masked by the metallic taste in this device. Does anyone know what is going on?

I do notice that voltage drop in this device is much smaller than for example my Zen devices. In those devices, I use 1-ohm coils. As I increase the resistance of the coils in this device, the metallic taste gets weaker. I'm using 2.5-ohm coils now. That's another problem I have--the height difference between the posts would be much better if it was 2-3mm longer, so I could wrap more coils. But still, I shouldn't be having to do this. I'm baffled.

Thanks for any insight.

louis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2010
Mt Vernon,Texas
Has anyone had the top, bottom or center sleeve stripping the threads? Mine seems to have stripped threads after cleaning. Have e-mailed Rich but have not received a reply yet. Hoping I can get replacement parts as I like the hybrid. Also how do you get the resistance down when using 28 gauge wire. Have to have at least 5 wraps to get below 1.2 ohm coils.

Later,
louis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread