Status
Not open for further replies.

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
I know the good ole Genny's aren't nearly as popular as they once were, but I've been using my older plastic tank RSST lately and decided to look for the new Pyrex version... Glad I looked around!

Found a place called Unique eCigs that has them on clearance right now for $9.99! With free shipping anywhere in the US

So I bought 2... Heck, why not right??

Pyrex RSST - Unique Cigs Online Store, Syracuse NY

Thought I'd share here, hopefully some other folks will be able to get in on this steal of a deal for a great little Genny

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
I have been using my RSST lately with the plastic milky barely see thru tank on it and wish to get a clear glass tank just so as to look better and be able to see

where my wick is sitting.

I have been to Unique Cigs brick and morter store 2 times in Utica,NY which is 28 miles east of Syracuse,ny---- and will look closely next time I am in there to get one of these.

Thx 4 the tip------keep on vaping-----thetrucker

Last edited:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I know the good ole Genny's aren't nearly as popular as they once were, but I've been using my older plastic tank RSST lately and decided to look for the new Pyrex version... Glad I looked around!

Found a place called Unique eCigs that has them on clearance right now for $9.99! With free shipping anywhere in the US

So I bought 2... Heck, why not right??

Pyrex RSST - Unique Cigs Online Store, Syracuse NY

Thought I'd share here, hopefully some other folks will be able to get in on this steal of a deal for a great little Genny

Thanks for that link! :thumbs: Three for the price of one! :D:vapor::2cool:

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
No kidding! I just built one with a new build method I saw on YouTube, and it's working incredibly well... Best build I've done on a genny, that's for sure...

3/32" 316 Stainless wire rope wick with organic cotton at the top in a micro coil wrapped around a 1/8" drill bit. Excellent, excellent wicking and vapor production, flavor and throat hit are also outstanding. Just a great, great vape for $9.99

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
I bought two after seeing your post. After they arrived I built a coil and ran a cotton ball wick into the tank. This is my first genny. I'm really liking it! So easy to build! It does wick better without the stopper in there.

Yeah, I don't leave the stopper in either. Surprising enough, it doesn't leak without it in there. I get more leaks from the 510 connection than I do from the unplugged fill hole in the top... Go figure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheOnyxEgg

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2014
Minneapolis, MN, USA
In addition to the soft insulators (which help slow the leaking around the positive post quite a bit), I ended up wrapping a small amount of teflon plumber's tape around the center post. Between the two my pyrex RSST is now leak free! :)

There are several good youtube videos about where and how much tape to add, certainly worth a try.

Vatic

Verified Member
Mar 28, 2015
Ohio
ok, this thread inspired me to dig out my rsst. I've not used it in a year or better. I always seemed to have some wicking issues with it, but I remember after fiddling with it for a bit I finally got it working really nice and the vape is superior once its working properly. I've got a few different wicks for it including 400 SSmesh and Braided cable and silica sleeves, havn't tried the braided cable, yet. What kinds of wicks do you all use in your Gennys? If you have pics, that helps loads!!

Here's the last build I did on mine, a twisted 26g coil and degummed hemp rope as a wick, it worked okay but I found myself popping the cap and dripping sometimes.
IMG_20140906_212503_549.jpg

on my vaporshark mini.
IMG_20140906_212729_504.jpg

TheOnyxEgg

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2014
Minneapolis, MN, USA
Typically on my RSST I'll use #400 SS Mesh and 28awg kanthal at around 1 ohm.

Mesh isn't tightly rolled, somewhat of a straw I suppose.

I typically will wrap and mount my coil on a drill bit that barely fits in the wick hole (I forget the size), then will remove the drill bit and roll a piece of mesh and slide it in to the coil.

I don't have it with me at work today (using the DID), but I'll try to remember to take a pic when I get home.

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
In addition to the soft insulators (which help slow the leaking around the positive post quite a bit), I ended up wrapping a small amount of teflon plumber's tape around the center post. Between the two my pyrex RSST is now leak free! :)

There are several good youtube videos about where and how much tape to add, certainly worth a try.

This is what I did with mine, was wrap a bit of Teflon tape around the screw to plug up the empty space between the screw and the top insulator. I put a tiny bit around the threads at the 510 connector as well. Been leak free since. Really enjoying these RSST's now. I've been eyeballing the dual coil RSST, but don't really see the need. Flavor and vapor production of the single coil build have been pretty spot on for me.

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
I got 2 of the air adjustable top caps from madvapes for my wife's RSSTs and even with a single coil they work well if you like an airy draw.

Hmm, didn't know they had those at Madvapes. I'll go check it out.

I've just been drilling out my air holes. That itsy bitsy pin hole they put in the cap from the factory dang near made me pop a blood vessel in my eye... Haha

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
My first one I drilled to 5/64 because of other people here at ECF. At the time I thought it was too airy. The longer I vape the less resistance I like.

The second one was used and had two holes drilled for a dual coil setup.

I couldn't stop the whistle sound on either one, which is why I bought the adjustable caps. I was surprised how wide open my wife likes it.

I ended up with AGA-T2s but they are heavy and gave the wife the RSSTs.

I have 4 AGA-T2s, 2 AGA-TDs, 1 AGI, and 4 RSST plastic. Gave up on clearos and don't want to drip very often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread