Ripe Vape VCT Private Reserve Clone, all input appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

nlgoddess57

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2015
Washington State
I have been working on this clone for a little while and mixed the following up. I will give an explanation for every decision.

on the inhale:
10 % Vanilla Custard V2 CAP its what I had
4% French Vanilla V2 CAP its what I had
1% Cubanano TFA.... I might be off on this one, but it doesn't taste like cigarettes to me, maybe pipe?

On the exhale... where I am having trouble
.75% Toasted Almond TFA... sometimes is taste like toasted coconut to me
3 % real bourbon, Jack Daniels Honey .... Yeah I know its will probably be an atty gunker, but I have some whiskey flavoring on the way
1 drop per 30 ml Honey TFA

I think that I am thinking bourbon because they age it in oak cask like they do bourbon... not sure how to get that flavor. I saw some oak flavoring, but I am sure it will not be a subtle as it needs to be, but I ordered it anyway.

I gave it a "bra method" run today. I figure nestling it close to a beating heart, warm body, and pure love would do it good. Into a dark closet for a couple of weeks. Love em and leave em, that's me!

I would appreciate any input from anyone that has knowledge of this juice.

Thanks for looking!!

Last edited:

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL

Tom Toots

Jan 17, 2014
Cincinnati
Ah, one of the few juice/flavors I actually have liked enough to buy...pear almond and key lime cookie turned me on to their vct.

I make a similar juice using (apologize for not remembering their brands) 2 parts van. custard, 1 part M-type, 1 part toasted almond, .5 part ny cheesecake, .25 cubano, .25 part clove...its an intuitive mix that works for me.

nlgoddess57

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2015
Washington State
I haven't even seen molasses flavoring, and it sounds perfect for tobacco flavors! I was thinking brown sugar myself. I like the addition of spice though I doubt it would be clove for me, nutmeg is my favorite, but like clove...tricky, way to easy to overkill. But I very much like the idea. If I can get this down, I hope to use it as a flavor base to add all kinds of other flavorings, but quite frankly I absolutely love it the way it is.

I am glad to see that some one else sprung to the idea of cigar instead of cigarette flavors. All the VCT recipes I have seen all use cigarette flavorings and I just know that isn't right. I see your percentile is way lower than mine though.... might have been a serious error on my part.

And also... what is M-type, I am not complete familiar with all the jargon in the DIY community as yet. I have been a lone mixer, builder, experimenter. Sorry for the ignorance.;)

Thank you so much! has given me something to think about. I currently have 3 bottles in the closet with varying ingredients. I know I am going to struggle with the subtle smokey flavor they have achieved in aging, but perhaps I can get close. Just hope I don't have to buy too many more bottles until I find a satisfying clone. So pricey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread