Riva-T Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I have tried most of the tanks that have come out in the last year but everyone I tried leaked. I really liked the ideal of a tank and the ones I tried would work good at times but if you vaped them to fast you would get dry hits and they all leaked. Well I received my Riva-T tank today and I've been vaping it for twelve hours and every hit has been the same with very good flavor and vapor. It holds 2.5 ml of juice and has a metal casing with two windows so you can see when you need juice. You do need to use a syringe or bottle syringe to fill them but that is how I fill my cartos anyway so it isn't a problem for me. They are not available from many vendors yet but Tony at cropduster has a small supply. RIVA-T TANK - $4.99 : Cropduster901!, Home of the B-52
RIVA-T.jpg :2cool:
I would suggest ordering a 801 drip tip too being as the whistle tip that comes with it does cause condesation buildup as all whistle tips do. If you prefer a whistle tip you just need to blow it out every hour or so. Tony has the 801 drip tips for 1.99.

Last edited:

araczynski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2011
omaha, ne
Looks interesting, and cheap, but it's 3 ohms !

Don't see how this would produce the vapor I'm used to with a 1.7 ohm (LR) atomizer.

Would be interested if they came out with a LR version.

ditto, but judging by his avatar, he's got more more than one high voltage mod in there perfect for this :)

i'll stick with my lowly egoT batteries/3.7 cheap box and super cheap DC cartos :)

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I have been using them with a 3.7 V PV. I tried them on my ego-t battery and they work very good. It may not put out as much as some of the dual coil cartos but the flavor is great and you don't have to deal with the filler in the cartos. It does put out lots of vapor and satisfies me as good as the lr cartos. I was mostly comparing it to other tanks I've used but I like it better than the emdcc and ressurectors too. They are really a nice setup and the best Atty Tanks I've found. It is nice to see how much juice you have left and have it taste the same every time. They are new on the market and I'm not sure how long the atty lasts but a couple of guys have had them for two weeks and say they are vaping the same as the first day. I would presume they will last for a month at least but I will be happy with two weeks. I only got one to begin with but immediatley ordered more after vaping it for a couple of hours.:2cool::vapor:

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
They are working on a LR version but I think you would be surprised at how much vapor and TH you get out of these. We are all different though as vapers just like we were as smokers. Some smoked regular non filters others filtered lights ect. I've tried most of the cartos and tanks that have come out in the last two years and I've always wanted a tank system that worked good without fiddling with it or modding it to make it work and didn't leak. So far three days in this Riva-T works great and is very consistant with no leaks and produces great flavor and vapor.:2cool:

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
I had ordered the 3.0 from another source and I have to say it's awesome. I don't notice any difference in vapor from my other tanks or LR cartos, this is the first of this type (ce2, no?) that I've used.

So far no leaks, I don't have to worry about it drying out and getting that burnt taste, I can check my liquid anytime and having used tanks I'm used to the fill method. Lately with boge I'm lucky if I get a few days, with this I'm going on a week,hopefully it will last much much longer.

I have a few other devices, but I keep going back to my Riva for out & about, with the sleeve it snugs everything up and don't have to worry when I drop it, like I have with my tanks.

Thanks for the heads up txtumbleweed on Cropduster901, the price is right and I just ordered a some more from them!

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Glad to see someone else has tried these. Mine is still working very good and I expect to get at least a month out of one. Tony does have great prices on them. The only other site I've seen them on was almost double his price.
Keep us posted on how it is working. I did start getting a stiff hit on it last night and I ran a needle in through the air hole in the battery end and it cleared it. It is now working just like new. I'm going to experiment on cleaning them after I get the others I ordered in case I mess this one up.:2cool::vapor:

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
that site has a lot of neat stuff, love the triple tank kit (510DCT-V2)

That does look like a good combo kit. I hadn't seen it before and had to check it out. Tony is a great guy to deal with and will always chat if you call or email. Plus he has great prices!:2cool:

Last edited:

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
Wow is all I can say! My order was placed & confirmed Saturday at 2:59pm and I had it today.........label says Modesto CA and I'm in Ohio, that's impresssive!

I did go ahead and unwrap one;

It is slightly different from my original one, the tank is clear and so far hasn't separated from the actual tank tube like the original I purchased. I'm hoping that I will eventually be able to be work these apart, as I really don't want to have to replace the sleeve each time it needs replaced, I ordered extra so that I could customize them. (GP does carry all of the individual pieces)

Another plus, the screw top cap w/clip from my original tank did fit this!

Will keep you posted, thanks again!

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
Yeah, I just noticed the portion that attaches to the battery does so on the outer thread of the battery, not by the typical post connection. The post of the carto is threaded, but overall the post is much smaller and doesn't make contact on the threads at all.

Hmm, will have to look at them closer or dissect once I get one that's no longer working, which I'm hoping is a long time from now!

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I'm on my eleventh day using these and although I've added a couple to my rotation the original one is still working exactly the same as the first day. No dry or burnt hits and flavor is still good. I tried them at a little higher voltage with my new Lavatube but they seem to work best at lower voltages. They work very good on my Riva and 3.7 ego batteries.:2cool::vapor:

Tom10

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2011
Oklahoma
I have tried most of the tanks that have come out in the last year but everyone I tried leaked. I really liked the ideal of a tank and the ones I tried would work good at times but if you vaped them to fast you would get dry hits and they all leaked. Well I received my Riva-T tank today and I've been vaping it for twelve hours and every hit has been the same with very good flavor and vapor. It holds 2.5 ml of juice and has a metal casing with two windows so you can see when you need juice. You do need to use a syringe or bottle syringe to fill them but that is how I fill my cartos anyway so it isn't a problem for me. They are not available from many vendors yet but Tony at cropduster has a small supply. RIVA-T TANK - $4.99 : Cropduster901!, Home of the B-52
View attachment 71406 :2cool:
I would suggest ordering a 801 drip tip too being as the whistle tip that comes with it does cause condesation buildup as all whistle tips do. If you prefer a whistle tip you just need to blow it out every hour or so. Tony has the 801 drip tips for 1.99.

Thanks sincerely for the information. I had to try a few. I really like the idea of the top cap for it that clips to your pocket and makes it look like an expensive ballpoint pen. I'm looking forward to trying this. I also wish Tony the best.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
i just got my order from tony today for 2 of these tanks. I have the full rita-t kit and i love it.

My only question is how to get the rubber piece out of the top so i can clean it and refill with different juice.

I answered this in another thread but I will respond here also. I don't know of a way to take one apart but when I have one die I will experiment with it and see if the cap will come out or if the metal casing will come off. Right now I just suck the old juice out with a syringe and then inject real hot water in and out of it. Alcohol or vodka will probably work better. I didn't dry it out and just put new juice in and it took a few minutes to get it to start vaping. After about five minutes it was vaping very good again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread