Rogue Forum Creeper Goes Viral

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyboy42670

Jul 7, 2014
Boston
Hey everyone,

My names Dan. I am a computer science major who has been vaping for about 3 years now. My original setup was an MVP 2.0 w/ the standard iClear 30b (or what ever iClear it was).

After only a short few weeks, I purchases 2 18650's, a Panzer Mech, Patriot RDA, and 28g kanthal w/ organic cotton. I was IN LOVE :hubba:

I moved form this to the sigelei 100 Watt orginal, w/ a Infinite CLT v2 authentic RDA. Unfortunately I lost this at a college party one weekend, as my retired Panzer (not used for over a year and a half) came out to play with several different RDA's (Tobh, Mutation X v2, Origen v2).

This summer I dropped money on a smok m80 plus, which I used with an Aspire Atlantis v2. For under $100, it beat my mech that I suffered with at school by a long shot, except for the fact that it broke 2 weeks ago when I snapped the 510 connection.

Now I am currently awaiting my sophomore year of college, and i just dropped the big bucks on a Snow Wolf 200 (My first TC device) and the Velocity RDA.

Although I am not certain how safe nickel is, I am IN LOVE with this mod and temperature control. Even my friends with rDNA40's are so jealous.

To wrap this up, I am a friendly and easy going guy who would love to help anyone! I am a customer service rep at my current job, and I will take any questions that anyone has.

I consider myself a very good coil builder, so if anyone needs help let me know!

Youtube: youtube.com/jVlz2

kaahn

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2015
Eastern NC
Hey everyone,

My names Dan. I am a computer science major who has been vaping for about 3 years now. My original setup was an MVP 2.0 w/ the standard iClear 30b (or what ever iClear it was).

After only a short few weeks, I purchases 2 18650's, a Panzer Mech, Patriot RDA, and 28g kanthal w/ organic cotton. I was IN LOVE :hubba:

I moved form this to the Sigelei 100 Watt orginal, w/ a Infinite CLT v2 authentic RDA. Unfortunately I lost this at a college party one weekend, as my retired Panzer (not used for over a year and a half) came out to play with several different RDA's (Tobh, Mutation X v2, Origen v2).

This summer I dropped money on a SMOK m80 plus, which I used with an Aspire Atlantis v2. For under $100, it beat my mech that I suffered with at school by a long shot, except for the fact that it broke 2 weeks ago when I snapped the 510 connection.

Now I am currently awaiting my sophomore year of college, and i just dropped the big bucks on a Snow Wolf 200 (My first TC device) and the Velocity RDA.

Although I am not certain how safe nickel is, I am IN LOVE with this mod and temperature control. Even my friends with rDNA40's are so jealous.

To wrap this up, I am a friendly and easy going guy who would love to help anyone! I am a customer service rep at my current job, and I will take any questions that anyone has.

I consider myself a very good coil builder, so if anyone needs help let me know!

Youtube: youtube.com/jVlz2
Given your current track record with devices I just want to say be very very careful with that Snow Wolf device. With great power comes greater responsibility! :lol:

Jokin' with ya bro! Welcome aboard. Feel free to move about the cabin. Looking forward toward your valuable contributions to this forum!

Reactions: dannyboy42670

dannyboy42670

Jul 7, 2014
Boston
Given your current track record with devices I just want to say be very very careful with that Snow Wolf device. With great power comes greater responsibility! :lol:

Jokin' with ya bro! Welcome aboard. Feel free to move about the cabin. Looking forward toward your valuable contributions to this forum!

I actually have had every single iphone without a case and never shattered a screen, I am very careful wih my stuff, but thanks for the concern!

Anyway, the Snow Wolf is absolutely glorious! :)

I have been browsing these forums for years, but its time to contribute!

Reactions: kaahn

dannyboy42670

Jul 7, 2014
Boston

The 510 connection snapped because i was untightening my Atlantis v2 from it, it broke because it was made cheaply IMO :p

Reactions: kaahn

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum @dannyboy42670. Glad to have you here!:)

Make sure you have the right batteries for your Snowwolf. Not all batteries are what they say they are (i.e. rewraps). Pulse amps have no place in vaping. CDR is what is most important when talking about safety.

Spend some time with @Baditude & @Mooch (two of our resident battery/safety experts) and visit their blogs.

Here are links to some of Mooch's blogs:
* Battery pulse ratings are useless!
* No matter what is printed on the battery wrapper: There are no 18650 batteries with a genuine rating over 30A!
* Links to all his battery tests to date: List of My Battery Tests
* Picking a Safe Battery to Vape With: Table of 18650 Battery Safety Grades

Here are links to a couple of Baditudes blogs:

Battery Basics for Mods - The Ultimate Battery Guide
* Another essential read to understand which batteries are safe to use in mechanical and regulated mods. Includes a frequently updated list of recommended safe-chemistry, high-drain batteries with their specifications.

Purple Efest Batteries not as Advertised
* A cautionary blog that reveals that the purple Efest batteries may not have the specifications advertised. Also includes a commentary on "continuous discharge ratings" vs "pulse discharge ratings" of battery specs.

dannyboy42670

Jul 7, 2014
Boston
Hello and welcome to the forum @dannyboy42670. Glad to have you here!:)

Make sure you have the right batteries for your Snowwolf. Not all batteries are what they say they are (i.e. rewraps). Pulse amps have no place in vaping. CDR is what is most important when talking about safety.

Spend some time with @Baditude & @Mooch (two of our resident battery/safety experts) and visit their blogs.

Here are links to some of Mooch's blogs:
* Battery pulse ratings are useless!
* No matter what is printed on the battery wrapper: There are no 18650 batteries with a genuine rating over 30A!
* Links to all his battery tests to date: List of My Battery Tests
* Picking a Safe Battery to Vape With: Table of 18650 Battery Safety Grades

Here are links to a couple of Baditudes blogs:

Battery Basics for Mods - The Ultimate Battery Guide
* Another essential read to understand which batteries are safe to use in mechanical and regulated mods. Includes a frequently updated list of recommended safe-chemistry, high-drain batteries with their specifications.

Purple Efest Batteries not as Advertised
* A cautionary blog that reveals that the purple Efest batteries may not have the specifications advertised. Also includes a commentary on "continuous discharge ratings" vs "pulse discharge ratings" of battery specs.

Thank you! The batteries in my mod that I am using now I got at Wicked Vaped in Mansfield, MA. They were recommended to me to use with the Snow Wolf they are called MXJO IMR 2500 mah 18650's with a 35a rating. They are all yellow.

Link: Amazon.com: 2 MXJO 18650 2500mAh 35A high drain Battery: Electronics

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
They were recommended to me to use with the Snow Wolf they are called MXJO IMR 2500 mah 18650's with a 35a rating. They are all yellow.
I don't think Mooch has tested these but I do know they are not 35A CDR. Every battery I have ever seen that claims 35A (2500mah) is actually 20A CDR. Most likely a rewrapped LG HB2.

There are only 2 true 30A batteries, the Sony VCT4 and the LG HB6.

I choose not to buy rewrapped batteries, NOT any battery from a company that just buys a Sony, Samsung, or LG battery and puts their own wrap on it. Why buy one of those, for more money, when you can get the actual battery for less money?

I buy batteries from a reputable supplier (not ebay or Amazon) as there are many counterfeit batteries being sold. Here are several reputable battery suppliers in the US. RTD Vapor gets a lot of my business.

* RTD Vapor
* Illumination Supply
* Lighthound
* Orbtronics

Reactions: Denvap0r

dannyboy42670

Jul 7, 2014
Boston
I don't think Mooch has tested these but I do know they are not 35A CDR. Every battery I have ever seen that claims 35A (2500mah) is actually 20A CDR. Most likely a rewrapped LG HB2.

There are only 2 true 30A batteries, the Sony VCT4 and the LG HB6.

I choose not to buy rewrapped batteries, NOT any battery from a company that just buys a Sony, Samsung, or LG battery and puts their own wrap on it. Why buy one of those, for more money, when you can get the actual battery for less money?

I buy batteries from a reputable supplier (not ebay or Amazon) as there are many counterfeit batteries being sold. Here are several reputable battery suppliers in the US. RTD Vapor gets a lot of my business.

* RTD Vapor
* Illumination Supply
* Lighthound
* Orbtronics

I would imagine that these batteries must be same for use with the Snow Wolf though, as in they were the only batteries the store has sold, and they people inside are very very knowledgable.

Anyway, I have 2 Sony VTC 4's, however one of them is ....ed up :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread