Rta noob

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave wroe

Jun 13, 2018
Hi guys. Looking for a bit of noob help. Thinking of trying an rta for the first time. So what advice do you all have for a decent affordable first time rta? Watched plenty of vids on wicking etc so think I’ll be ok after playing around a bit but soooo Undecided on which one to get for a first timer?? Was looking at the Vandy Vape Kensei or geekvape blitzen as they come with the bubble tank? Any help muchly appreciated

Reactions: stols001

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
My first journey into this was with a limitless plus rdta. Airflow on top, easy to build on and wick. Not strictly an rta, but easy to learn with. And makes a great vape, especially when you get everything right. Only down side is you cant lay it down on its side, juice will dump out. Every time lol. But all in all, its a good choice to learn with. I still use mine. Ive worn most of the paint off it, but a paint job doesnt make it vape any better anyway. Might be worth looking into.

dave wroe

Jun 13, 2018
Ok thanks guys. I like dl vaping. I also always make sure spares are available before I buy anything, @Coyote628 i know rdta’s arent strictly drippers but with my job my vape is in my pocket a lot and I’m usually in tight spots so having it spill juice on its side is a no go! An rta is just something I want to give a try too hence why I’m looking for recommendations for something simple, reliable and cost effective! I don’t wanna spend loads then decide I don’t like it but also don’t want something cheap and nasty that will put me off!! Rock and a hard place.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I’ve had good luck with the Solomon 2. It’s easy to wick and produces exceptional vapor. The replacement glass come 5 for $5 so you get what is probably a lifetime supply. The threading is quite fine so care must be taken not to cross thread, but it’s basically a great rta

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
For a first RTA that can do dl, although it is slightly restricted on draw, I'd go with an Augvape Intake. It's a single coil easy to build deck. It has top airflow so the risk of leaking even with poor wicking is essentially zero (although you can still flood the deck if you don't use enough wick). The airflow is directed up from under the coil so the flavor is excellent. The cloud is very good on that aspect.

There is a Dead Rabbit RTA coming out that is a postless dual coil deck that looks easy enough to build and also has top airflow, but it's angled down towards the coils, not directed from underneath. Reviews have been positive on it but obviously I don't have one to give you a personal opinion.

I do think the Intake is one of the best RTAs on the market right now and it's affordable. Watch a few YouTube reviews to see what they say and also see the ease of building and wicking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread