rubber gasket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubo

ECF Veteran
I found a piece of plumber's gasket in my garage - the kind where you can cut out your own gaskets something like 4x6" and maybe 1/8" thick; it was orange red in color....

I used a hole punch (the kind you use for paper) and popped out a bunch of dots.... Eventually I figured you had to drill a 1/16 or 1/8" hole in the middle so they wouldn't rip, then put one on top of a 510 battery connector and two in the bottom (for stability), and pushed a finishing nail through them for the electrical connection - POOF! a perfectly functioning battery connector!

nicotime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
Montoursville, PA
I use silicone tubing for R/C fuel lines. You have to open the hole up a little...but it works great. Just make sure you dont open it up larger than the centers head. Push the tubing all the way up and over the head of the center and leave about 1/8" over...push the tube and center through the hole seating it...then trim with an Exacto knife. A little PG or VG helps sliding too. Remember you need insulation both up and down and sideways!!
Works good for insulating the center wire for as long as you need your wire too.

Couple layers of shrink tube would work in a pinch too!!

Last edited:

Gummy Bear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
orlando fl
agummybear.deviantart.com
If anyone is still looking.
The insulator in a 510 atty connector can be replaced kinda easy. A trip to a auto junk yard. find any GM car from the 80s the wiring connectors have what they call a weatherpak. unplug the connector and with a bent paper clip pull out the rubber seals that are in the female half of the connector. (grab a bunch of them). after some cleaning just cut it just above the 1st flange. They are heat/cold and chemical resistant. And fit perfect. If anyone wants perhaps I could post a pic.

Rocketman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
SouthEastern Louisiana
The shape of the insulator has a lot to do with how reliable it functions. It needs to be liquid tight, and not push in too easy or contacts could short out. The CE2 insulator looks perfectly shaped. Tapered to make it easier to install and has a flange to keep contact from moving in. Seems to be juice and heat resistant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread