Ruining atty's with atomic cinnicide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OaklandCA

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
OaklandCA
i had this problem with cloves. I like fireball and red hot cinnamon but now i dilute it with menthol (ten menthol to 1 cinnamon) and have been leery of going back to clove because i am short on atomizers. I've read that clove cinnamon etc still have a bit too much oil in them to be truly vape friendly. But haven't read anyone doing a real careful study--i've never had enough good atomizers on hand to want to set it up. please post back here if you get any solid evidence/solutions.

technomeek

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Bremerton, WA
Atomic Cinnacide has been my all day vape for over a year now and I've been using an eGo for about nine months so I like to think I know about what I speak. I think it's just a matter of a high flavor concentration clogging the heating coil.

I do a dry burn about every four days. That seems to do the trick.

By way of comparison, my wife only vapes pure menthol and goes months without cleaning her atomizers.:facepalm:

OaklandCA

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
OaklandCA
i think this goes a long way in explaining why you see some people on this forum talking about using the some single atomizer for months and cleaning it only by blowing it clear and draining it each night and other folks who burn through them in days and even hours. (that and the differences in vaping style)

My evolving policy is to buy a bunch of cheap atomizers or cartos and put the suspect flavors in them and use clear light predictable 70/30 or 80 20 mixes for my pricier equipment (e.g. the new LR tank atomizers --which i haven't broken down for --yet.

OaklandCA

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
OaklandCA
Atomic Cinnacide has been my all day vape for over a year now and I've been using an eGo for about nine months so I like to think I know about what I speak. I think it's just a matter of a high flavor concentration clogging the heating coil.

I do a dry burn about every four days. That seems to do the trick.

By way of comparison, my wife only vapes pure menthol and goes months without cleaning her atomizers.:facepalm:

BTW what atomizers do you use? who do you buy them from and for how much?

Godzilla

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2010
Northern California
www.foxyboxmods.com
I discovered LR 306 Attys, joye brand from Liberty flights to be exact for my ego. The 306 is a bit different than the 510 but for some reason, it vapes much better. Flavor and vapor both. but you can only drip with them, and you need a drip tip, or I just used the blank cart that came on it.

And then after that, I discovered the 5 volt box mod, and havent touched the ego in 4 weeks. I think its just the natural progression

I have to say this though, I have not tried vaping AC at 5 volts.

I always remove the wick, which are some little threads just under the top of the bridge, and you can work one end out and tweezers or tiny needle nose to yank them out. I found with a lot of the sweeter juices gunk them up. Its good to broaden you selection to include more clear, and even non-sweet juices. I find sweet flavors from all vendors are harder on attys than the non sweet ones. The way I see it, if you enjoy it, you stay away from the analogs, and that is a good thing, and I dont worry about the attys. way cheaper than analogs. I use a boge cartomizer. You can get them cheap enough that even if you go through one every two days, its less than 75 cents a day if you buy enough of them. Attys are more economical for sure, but I like sweet or deserty juice too.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I was told that the cinnamon oil in Atomic Cinnacide and other HIGH cinnamon type juices "thickens" the juices and to counteract that to order AC with 100% PG instead of a blend and I've found it DOES make a difference with every atomizer you run it thru! Generally I prefer a blend 8020 or 80/30 because of the vapor production but with Atomic Cinnacide use 100% PG! I got this tip over the telephone from a Tasty Vapor employee and I proved it to be true to my satisfaction.

vaporjoey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I will have to give that a try....Thanks...
I was told that the cinnamon oil in Atomic Cinnacide and other HIGH cinnamon type juices "thickens" the juices and to counteract that to order AC with 100% PG instead of a blend and I've found it DOES make a difference with every atomizer you run it thru! Generally I prefer a blend 8020 or 80/30 because of the vapor production but with Atomic Cinnacide use 100% PG! I got this tip over the telephone from a Tasty Vapor employee and I proved it to be true to my satisfaction.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
A/C is one of my go to vapes,and I don't have problems with atomizers at all.Clearomizers,a whole different story.It destroys them pretty quick.
I've had the same Vapor King 1.5 on one of my bottom feeders for at least a month with no problem,70/30 blend.

Replace the tube with a BD 3ml syringe and it handles the A/C. Still you'll have do dry burns more frequently.

04 Raider Rider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Replace the tube with a BD 3ml syringe and it handles the A/C. Still you'll have do dry burns more frequently.

Yes,I need to get some of those.Would have been nice if Royal Smokers used that material so I didn't have to mod yet another version of these things.

ledouxmike

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Lafayette, LA
I am killing atty's like no tomorrow. All of my juice is from Tasty Vapor with sweetener added, sucralose. 510's, ego megas, 306's. I believe it is the added sweetener sucralose. I will be making my own juice next time I order. I' m killing them in 1 or 2 days. This is unbelievable. Is anyone else having similar problems. I definitely will not be using sucralose again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread