Ruyan's new e-cigar

Status
Not open for further replies.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Coming in April is a new e-cigar from Ruyan. It looks strikingly like a real cigar, without a fake tip on the end and with a band around it. Supposedly ... it will come in a box of five and will be ONE-TIME use only! Go to this site and just let the video load and run. Don't click anything until video is over. And, yes, it's only in Chinese. But check out this cigar: http://www.ruyantech.com/

Perfectionist

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2008
London
Fascinating development !

But it seems distinctly expensive ..... maybe they are trying to pursue/create a luxury "brand" .....

Personally I see it as an unfortunate step backwards ..... instead of making e-smoking even cheaper with more research, it seems they are trying to maximise profit potential as they know we spend a fortune on regular cigarettes already .....

I wonder how popular it will be ..... and if eventually they will produce another version which can be refilled/recharged .....

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I do see this as a "luxury" brand, much as exists in the tobacco cigar market today. I like cigars -- just can't afford them now. I've seen single cigars at $45 recently.

Can't you see this as the number one topic of conversation at the next cigar club meeting?

Course, a lot -- and I mean A LOT -- will depend on getting the flavor and smoke quantity exactly right on this one. Cigar smokers won't put up with damp air slightly fragrant with apple juice. Nor will they welcome wispy little vapors.

And I don't see it as backwards, just another development in a market going all directions. We'll see ever-cheaper e-cigarettes. I'm sure of that. And now we see items like this. If money were no object, I'd buy a box of 5 today. The Cohibas of electronic cigars.

Perfectionist

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2008
London
TropicalBob said:
I do see this as a "luxury" brand, much as exists in the tobacco cigar market today. I like cigars -- just can't afford them now. I've seen single cigars at $45 recently.
True, however it seems to me way too early to start promoting a luxury end of the market, when the concept as a whole has barely even taken off (at least in the Western countries) ..... not to mention the fact that the present state of the technology still needs significant improvement ..... do you really see high end cigar smokers switching to these when the taste and vapour is so sorely lacking ? Unless of course, this new cigar has really got everything nailed ..... in which case I look forward to them rolling out the new developments to the rest of the e-cig product lines !

Can't you see this as the number one topic of conversation at the next cigar club meeting?
Yes I can .... and when the novelty has worn off I'm pretty sure they will go back to smoking real cigars again !

Course, a lot -- and I mean A LOT -- will depend on getting the flavor and smoke quantity exactly right on this one. Cigar smokers won't put up with damp air slightly fragrant with apple juice. Nor will they welcome wispy little vapors.
Absolutely ! I still wish they hadn't gone the disposable route though .....

And I don't see it as backwards, just another development in a market going all directions.
Good point ..... I guess they want to try anything and everything and learn from the results .....

We'll see ever-cheaper e-cigarettes. I'm sure of that.
How can you be sure ? E-cigs are already being made in the cheapest and most competitive country on Earth !

And now we see items like this. If money were no object, I'd buy a box of 5 today. The Cohibas of electronic cigars.
Looking forward to the first review !

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Well it's not really a new technology that hasn't taken off. There are an estimated 200,000 e-smokers in China already.

The luxury market is always a money spinner, so I am not surprised.

By the way, if Ruyan/SBT are the worldwide patent holders of the e-cigarette, don't you find it odd that they don't appear to be enforcing their ownership in China/worldwide? Or is their strategy to wait until they have completed all the medical studies required of individual countries with a view to retrospectively enforcing their patent rights once they expand their market into those countries?

I've always found this one very odd, and no-one has yet come up with a satisfactory explanation.

SJ

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
You just know some tinkerer will take this apart and put it back together as a rechargable, refillable cigar.

But those it's aimed at probably can't imagine themselves sitting around and dripping drops into a cartridge. Use it and toss it. That philosophy fits much of what we own today, including computers and TVS. Listen, if I had the money some of the Super Rich around me have, I wouldn't drip either. I'd order these by the boxes.

lunars

Moved On
Apr 5, 2008
Smokey_Joe said:
Yes, come on, who's gonna take the plunge and try one out? ;)
I still can not make determination if buy this one. even though today I received promotion new from ruyanhealth.com . they say: If I purchase over 350usd in one order( for someones who had ordered from this website, only need 280usd), one Ruyan No.1 will be sent free. But , but, if it tastes really good, I will consider to have a try.

Hope some guy share his experience!!!!! :D

Meltrex

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2008
Arizona USA
www.MyEcig.com
TropicalBob said:
Hot damn! Can't wait to see how it compares. You should get the special $32 pricing, BTW.

They claim free shipping, but upon checkout **$10.00FREE SHIPPING! (Free Shipping Only): $10.00** Not sure I understand this one. Total came out to $43.00 even.
Ok.. nevermind. There is a handling fee of $10.00 I will definately post my review and hope to have my camcorder set up for some footage.

Thanks for your purchase.
Your parcel(silver e-cigar) was transfered to HONGKONG AIR MAIL agent, We will send you another mail with registered number when we get if from express agent.
Shipping is by HONGKONG AIR MAIL service. Normally 7-14days to arrive
No further email as of yet.

Not sure why they are calling it a silver e-cigar. Double checked my order and its correct (newest RUYAN Model: Ruyan no.1 e-cigar).

Right now I'm still smoking regular cigs (not as many, since purchasing e-cigs), but have decided to quit them completely when this e-cigar arrives for the heck of it, and because I'm at the brink of poverty. J/K

I'll keep you posted

lunars

Moved On
Apr 5, 2008
Hi all, got some pictures about ruyan no.1 from ruyanhealth, let's take a look.
battery: 4/3 A battery with more powerful.
ruyan_no1_battery.jpg

special cartridges and e-cigar holder, I think it is why no.1 could smoke over 1800 mouthful claimed.
ruyan_no1_cartridge.jpg

atomizer:
ruyan_no1_atomizer.jpg

I got these from ruyanhealth's blog.

lunars

Moved On
Apr 5, 2008
Meltrex said:
TropicalBob said:
Hot damn! Can't wait to see how it compares. You should get the special $32 pricing, BTW.

They claim free shipping, but upon checkout **$10.00FREE SHIPPING! (Free Shipping Only): $10.00** Not sure I understand this one. Total came out to $43.00 even.
Ok.. nevermind. There is a handling fee of $10.00 I will definately post my review and hope to have my camcorder set up for some footage.

Thanks for your purchase.
Your parcel(silver e-cigar) was transfered to HONGKONG AIR MAIL agent, We will send you another mail with registered number when we get if from express agent.
[quote:vwfoqrcq]Shipping is by HONGKONG AIR MAIL service. Normally 7-14days to arrive
No further email as of yet.

Not sure why they are calling it a silver e-cigar. Double checked my order and its correct (newest RUYAN Model: Ruyan no.1 e-cigar).

Right now I'm still smoking regular cigs (not as many, since purchasing e-cigs), but have decided to quit them completely when this e-cigar arrives for the heck of it, and because I'm at the brink of poverty. J/K

I'll keep you posted[/quote:vwfoqrcq]

Follow up your reviews, and wait for price from official website(I think it is ruyantech.com) :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread