RX200s too high voltage or?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathias

Nov 15, 2017
Hello. I have just installed new coils in my Steamcrave Titan. I put two of the premade geekvape "alien" coils in it and i used the null post so it doubled the ohms to approx 0.5 which is fine, i guess. I have found that the wattage to get a good vape for me with this build is 90 watts, but..... My RX200s, at 90 watts, says: about 7 volts and about 13 amps.
And i really just want to make sure i am not pushing my batteries to the limit. I'm using 3x Samsung 25R 2500 mAh.
Hope you can answer my question. :)

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
What batteries?

2179-merry-christmas.jpg

Reactions: stols001

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Hello. I have just installed new coils in my Steamcrave Titan. I put two of the premade geekvape "alien" coils in it and i used the null post so it doubled the ohms to approx 0.5 which is fine, i guess. I have found that the wattage to get a good vape for me with this build is 90 watts, but..... My RX200s, at 90 watts, says: about 7 volts and about 13 amps.
And i really just want to make sure i am not pushing my batteries to the limit. I'm using 3x Samsung 25R 2500 mAh.
Hope you can answer my question. :)

The RX200 is a triple battery, series battery connection configuration, which multiplies voltage X number of batteries, but the same mah and CDR of a single battery, so available voltage is

4.2v fresh charge highest X 3 = 12.6v available voltage to 3.2v lowest charge X 3 = 9.6v available voltage, CDR 20amps at 2500mah runtime.

The amps being displayed is the amps from the control board to the atomizer coils themselves, not the batteries themselves like with a mechanical. To figure out the amps from the batteries to the control board draw, the formula is as so

Watts Set/Lowest Available Voltage/90% Control Board Efficiency = Maximum amps

In your application it is as so

90watts Set/9.6v Lowest Voltage/90% (or 0.9) = 10.4167 amps maximum you would be asking of the batteries, so you are very much within the safety of your batteries max CDR, actually only about 50% Max CDR which is really suggested.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. You are correct the volts from the battery are not the same as the volts applied to the board. The battery side always works at battery voltage as this is what is available. The board in the mod take whatever voltage the batteries hand it (within its limit of operations, of course) and converts that voltage into a different volts value to make your set watts in consideration of the value of your coil. This is normal: it's how VW mods work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread