Saber touch quit firing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmaul99

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2010
Marietta, GA
Received my 5v saber touch on Saturday and it quit firing this afternoon. I have tried two different sets of batteries and charged the batteries on 2 different charges and still no luck. I have tried 5 different attys and a couple of cartomizers. Anything else I can do before I contact Sir Lawrence to get it repaired. What stinks is I'm going on vacation Wednesday and can't take my saber if it doesn't start back to working. I'll have to take my 801 but I don't know how I'll charge the batteries because I only have a USB charger and won't have access to a computer and I don't have time to get an A/C charger for the 801. Any suggestions of things to try would be appreciated.

Sir_Lawrence

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
Maryland
vapormoon.com
Oh no... sorry to hear that. Do you have a meter you can check it with? Also, always make sure you are making good contact with one of the end caps while touching the sensor. Check your batts with a meter by themselves and make sure they are fully charged. Also, you can also try adjusting the tightness of your atties. Try loosening and tightening them to make a good contact. Also, make sure your "touch finger" isn't too dry... also try using the crease of your finger on the sensor. Please let me know.

Also, you got the 5v Regulated... what exact batteries are you using? Are they brand new batteries? You may want to try charging them separately to make sure you are not getting a false reading from your charger.

Last edited:

msroulette

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
I would definitely try to charge the batteries one at a time on the charger. I have had a green light on a dead battery before...I knew both were dead, and as soon as I took one batt off, and left the other on, it turned red instead of green.

I can't say I've had any issues with any of my sabers not firing, though.

Heartisan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2010
North Cali
Sir helped me with my Saber last night. It just quit working after four months of perfect performance.

I tried different batteries, checked voltage, used four different attys, started to panic..... Turned out I needed to clean the hole for the atty and the bottom of my atty with a q-tip and some cleaner. I wipe it out daily with a q-tip or tissue, but apparently it wasn't enough this time. I used a liquid all purpose green cleaner as I was placing a call to Sir - he asked me to call after answering a few PMs - and by the time he picked up it was firing again. :)

Sir Lawrence was so great, answered my distress call via PM within a few minutes and graciously
took the time to help me out. Gave me lots of info and some great websites as well. Couldn't ask for a better product or service. :laugh:

Lori

Sir_Lawrence

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
Maryland
vapormoon.com
Sir helped me with my Saber last night. It just quit working after four months of perfect performance.

I tried different batteries, checked voltage, used four different attys, started to panic..... Turned out I needed to clean the hole for the atty and the bottom of my atty with a q-tip and some cleaner. I wipe it out daily with a q-tip or tissue, but apparently it wasn't enough this time. I used a liquid all purpose green cleaner as I was placing a call to Sir - he asked me to call after answering a few PMs - and by the time he picked up it was firing again. :)

Sir Lawrence was so great, answered my distress call via PM within a few minutes and graciously
took the time to help me out. Gave me lots of info and some great websites as well. Couldn't ask for a better product or service. :laugh:

Lori

It was nice talking to you... at 1:30am my time! LOL But I'm glad you resolved the problem. The ST's Touch Switch is just about indestructible, so most of the time, if something is not firing right, it's usually something that can be resolved by taking a few steps. It's almost always caused by something the user has done, or put on top, or inside that makes it malfunction. But I'm so glad you are up and running again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread