Salutations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rokit

Jun 10, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
Hello to all in ECF land! I thought I'd start off right by saying hello and introducing myself. Although new to the ECF, I'm not entirely new to vaping. I just made 6 months of being off of cigarettes and will never go back. I look forward to making friends, learning as much as I can, and sharing my experiences with this vaping community. Cheers!

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
welcome_to.gif

Six months...! All the n00bs will want to know what system you're vaping... me too...

Rokit

Jun 10, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
Since a few of you asked, I'll try and summarize my vaping journey in a nutshell. I started with some 510 batts and eGo clone from my local vendor Volcano ecigs. I got the Magma kit and Inferno Tank kit. I dabbled with dripping, but was using cartos, clearos, and the tank systems mostly for the convenience factor. I quickly outgrew them and moved up to a Kalamazoo Vapor Shop Jambox and BigKaZoo. I stopped using my Volcano hardware and relegated them to backup duty. When I used up my cartos and clearos, I discovered the beauty of dripping with lowres atty's and HV vaping with my BigKaZoo with 2.5 atty's. I picked up a Triple V from KVS the following month. When I hit my 0.5 year Vaperversary, I decided that I'd treat myself to a VV voltage mod a la the ProVari, but ended up getting a Darwin as well. I've been using my Darwin for the past week as my main PV for my tobacco flavored vapes, but still use my BigKazoo and Triple V when I want to switch to fruity and tea flavors. I'm still waiting for my ProVari. It was supposed to be a week lead time (ordered 9/30/11). Since switching to a proper mod, I have been dripping primarily, but on rare occasion use a clearo. I mainly use 510 attys, but switch every so often to 306's. I prefer the 510 connection because I can't live without my drip shields (except when I use my Triple V. Yay drip well!) I haven't tried a 901 yet, but ordered a couple from ProVape. I'm waiting for IkenVape to get back online and will order more 901's from him.

What is my favorite flavor? I don't have a favorite per se, but I'm primarily a tobacco vaper and will mix in a bit of tea and fruit vapes here and there. My favorites flavors that remain in my daily rotation are Boba's Bounty and Gorilla Juice from Alien Visions E-juice, and Bounty Hunter from Nitelite Vapor. Every so often, I'll do a couple rounds of OMFG and Caramel Tobacco from Kalamazoo Vapor Shop. For my teas and fruity vapes, I go to Rawr Vapor (Mike's tobaccos are pretty decent as well) - Proper Green Tea, Earl Grey ...., Hawaii Sunrise and Truth Serum. They are all great straight up, but when 4% mentholated, they come to life.

I'd like to try more liquids and new vendors, but have slowed down with my juice buying and try to use up what I have before re-ordering. I've PIF'd a lot of my juices and gear that I didn't care for or fell out of love with to friends who I've managed to convert to vaping. I've also PIF'd to friends I've made through Twitter.

I have become enamored by the vaping community as a whole. I've never felt so welcomed by any community be it online or in real life. During my 6 months of vaping, I've met people from all walks of life, from different places from across the globe. The instant affinity I have to all of these wonderful people along with their willingness and openness to share their knowledge, experience, gear and anything vaping related never ceases to amaze me. The vaping community has been a strong source of inspiration and fellowship during my transition from smoking to vaping lifestyle. I endeavor to do the same, to give back and share my experience both here on the web and in real life.

Rokit

Jun 10, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
Hey bro, welcome to ECF it's about time :D

Yes it is indeed about time :p I registered back in March under a different username. (Haha, same time as you), but wasn't very active. A few months later, I started up my twitter account and I wanted my usernames to be matching so I created a new account. D'oh! :facepalm: Here's where it gets interesting.

Yes, I didn't RTFR, so I got an infraction. Wait, it gets even dumber. I didn't know that I could request that my username could be changed, so by the time I saw that rule this account had been banned, and my original account remained active. I didn't think to login with my original because I assumed both were banned. I tried to send an email through the proper channels to request that this account be reinstated, but I suppose I may have sent it to the wrong address. (Let's just leave that to user error). Shortly after, I read through some posts and under the advice of one of the members, I created a new account from a different IP. It worked for a couple hours and was shortly graced with the ka-block-a-bot email telling me that I'm a dumbass (that's not what it said, but that's how I felt. *see: moronic). Fast forward a couple months later, a shot another email over to follow up. I guess I sent it to the correct address this time and my request for this account to be reinstated was granted. I accept full responsibility and own up to my bone-headedness.

Moral of the story: He who laughs last, thinks slower. Wait, no...that's not it. Let me try again. For all new members:
BE SURE TO READ THE FORUM RULES (RTFR)! :rules:
;) :thumb:

Rokit

Jun 10, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
Glad to see that you aren't lurking and now participating and contributing :2cool:

Yes kitty, variable power is the bees knees! I fell in love with HV vaping with my Big KaZoo and Triple V - 5v with a 2.5 ohm atty (10 watts). 5 volts was the sweet spot with my 2.5 ohm atty's. Now that I have variable power, fine tuning and finding the sweet spot for each juice and atty combo helps me to appreciate the subtle nuances, while increasing the heat and flavor intensity to my liking.

The lowest I will go is around 8.5 watts and 10.5 watts at the highest. I've found that while a 1.5 ohm atty at 3.87 volts is mathematically equal to a 2.5ohm atty at 5 volts (both 10 watts). The vaping experience, while close, isn't exactly the same. I guess, this is where the draw of current factors in, so in this case - 2.58 amps for the 1.5 ohm atty and 2.0 ohms for the 2.5 ohm atty. I'll say this, variable voltage/wattage has forced me to relearn vaping, but has helped me to appreciate it even more!

vapidkitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2011
Oz Tropics
Glad to see that you aren't lurking and now participating and contributing :2cool:

Oh that cracked me up... I think I just got my paw ever so softly slapped. Cracked me up nearly as much as the cautionary tale of your forum misadventures. :laugh:

I'll say this, variable voltage/wattage has forced me to relearn vaping, but has helped me to appreciate it even more!

Well it forced me to relearn Ohms Law! :?:

My little friend runs from 4-12W (yeah, we can't work out why he started it at 4 either - think the next version PCB is starting higher), but I don't come close to taking advantage of it. You're way above where I do - I rarely vape higher than 8W and as often as not I'm lower than a standard 5V (albeit only just). For me any higher and juice just tasted buuuurnt and eyuccch. But it's exactly that flexibility that's so brilliant. I can play and adjust as much as I want to exactly suit the atty and juice I'm using, or be however lazy I want to be; just set the watts at my favourite setting, toss whatever atty I want on and it does the rest for me.

Now if only the delivery systems were as good as my device....

Rokit

Jun 10, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
Well, I've been forced to lurk until I could log back in again. So you could say we're birds of a feather :D

It may be the atty or juice that you use, but as you may already know, not all juices stand up well to higher voltage/wattage, or it could just be a taste bud thing. I'm either really lucky that my juice atty combos stand up well to HV or my taste buds are shot :p

diaboliko

Moved On
Nov 24, 2010
italy
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: spamming
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread