sample sizes vs. 30-50ml flavors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatt

Sep 27, 2011
north royalton, ohio
i ordered 5-5ml and 5-10ml samples from a supplier - they were great so i placed another order for some 30ml bottles and a couple more samples - again, the samples were great (nice and clear - smelled and tasted good)- the large bottles are terrible - very cloudy - they smell and taste almost like baby powder - one bottle smells so strong you would think it's an extract - even after 3 weeks they're still horrid - i contacted the vendor and they said "we haven't had any complaints" (and offered an address to ship it back) - all juice was ordered 24mg 80/20 pg/vg - i'm not looking to badmouth the supplier - just looking for some thoughts or feedback..............

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
I don't know, but I'd be pretty adamant with the supplier. The purpose of paying WAY more per ml for a sample is to establish that you like a flavor before you order a larger bottle. CLEARLY they've changed something, from ingredients to eliquid base to flavorings from the samples to the larger size. In other words.. you flat out didn't get what you paid for. My only caveat would be before you make a HUGE fuss about it (because I would. I'm a very kind person, but nothing ticks me off faster than someone trying to get one over on me, then refusing to make it right when I've caught em making switcheroo) I'd go back and just try one of the samples again. Its highly unlikely, but i've had my tastebuds change toward things virtually overnight, so just make sure thats not what happened. If it isn't, then clearly the supplier has changed either their recipe or ingredients since the sample you bought, and you're entitled to your money back. Based on what you're saying, it sounds like the supplier has changed their base liquid, and if its significant enough to alter the taste and clarity, than they should offer you your money back.

btw, the only differences I've noticed between samples and large bottles is maybe degree of throat hit, because samples from my fave supplier come with slightly lower nic than that which i usually vape. FLAVORS are exact same, though. If you're totally fed up with your current liquid place, try her out, at least you know you won't get hosed. She's utterly devoted to excellence from her organic flavorings to her custom blending (for anything other than sample size) and her client care. Plus, flavors are best I've ever had. And if you like the sample packs, you'll like the larger bottles. ;) www.virginvapor.com

Last edited:

tatt

Sep 27, 2011
north royalton, ohio
i didn't throw a fit 1) because of the tastebuds thing (only been analog free for 3 weeks - yay!!) and 2) because i read a bit about steeping (they should have been at least a little better after three weeks). i ordered another 50ml bottle (same as one of the samples) - if it comes up bad i'm gonna drop the suppliers name in the reviews section...... it's the "baby-powder" taste that's bothering me - i've heard people talk about (and have experienced) a chemical smell and taste - but baby powder?? i even pulled the old "this is horrible, try it" stunt on 2 people at work (giggle) and they said the same thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread