The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Samsung 25R's - Real or Fake?

Discussion in 'Batteries and Chargers' started by ditc, Jun 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ditc

ditc Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2009
    i posted in another subforum regarding a potential problem with my Sigelei 150watt mod not firing above certain wattages. Then i looked more into it possibly being a battery issue. The 2 Samsung 25R's that i bought were sold as a pair on Amazon. However, the 2 i bought differ from one another. One has 5 connection points, the other has 4. (See attached photos) Apparently, genuine Samsung's should only have 3 connection points? Does anyone know this to be true? Do these look fake? Or has anyone purchased the 25R's on Amazon? Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. DaveSignal

DaveSignal Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 23, 2014
    Maryland
    my 25R have 3. But this has absolutely nothing to do with why your mod can't reach 150 watts. That is because the build in your atomizer is not at a low enough resistance.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Completely Average

Completely Average Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 21, 2014
    Suburbs of Dallas
    I bought a bunch of 25rs from Amazon and they were all authentic. But Amazon is a bit like Ebay, the seller isn't necessarily Amazon, it's usually just someone selling though Amazon's site. Who actually filled the order? Do you even know?

As far as those batteries go, that is highly suspect. Neither looks legit to me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DaveSignal

Aug 23, 2014
    Maryland
    OP, build at least below .3 ohm, shoot for .2 range. And you will get the full advertised output of your mod. You have been here awhile, so I assume you already know about Ohms law. When a mod has a certain voltage limit and a certain amperage limit, there is only a limited range of resistances that can possibly work to achieve x power output.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ditc

Mar 9, 2009
    Davesignal, the sigelei, using those batts i posted above, is using a .3 ohm atlantis coil. I was getting "check battery" (wouldn't fire) when at 65 watts and above. A few mins later, wouldn't fire past 60w. A few mins after that, wouldn't fire past 55w. Battery percentage was still at 85% on the sigelei, and took them out and they both had 4.06 or 4.07v charge. Both batts were married and charged fully when this happened. I know very little about batteries, so i wasn't sure if these do happen to be counterfeit, perhaps they don't put out the same amps as a real one?

CompletelyAverage, it was fulfilled by Amazon, but sold by "health store and more"

6. DaveSignal

Aug 23, 2014
    Maryland
    If anything having to do with the batteries, it would be based on volts. Like the battery sag under load is dropping the voltage too low to supply the specified wattage. But it is also possible that something is wrong with the Sigelei chipset. DId you try different batteries already?

7. ditc

Mar 9, 2009
    Thanks again for the reply, davesignal! I have not tried any others yet, but i just ordered a pair from lightningvapes that i am awaiting. They had a good price and i heard they are very reputable. If the same problem arises with the new batts, i will chalk it up to a bad Sigelei, and the vendor is already willing to replace it for me if that's the case. If the problem is fixed with the new batts, then i spose this was just a public service announcement about the pair that i bought from amazon.

8. DaveSignal

Aug 23, 2014
    Maryland
    its possible that all samsung batteries aren't made in the same plant, and so may look slightly different, but the cells are at the same standard. Or they could be fake, but I haven't heard of fake 25R batteries yet.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ditc

Mar 9, 2009
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Mooch

Mooch Electron Wrangler Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 13, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.