Samsung 25R's - Real or Fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ditc

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
i posted in another subforum regarding a potential problem with my sigelei 150watt mod not firing above certain wattages. Then i looked more into it possibly being a battery issue. The 2 Samsung 25R's that i bought were sold as a pair on Amazon. However, the 2 i bought differ from one another. One has 5 connection points, the other has 4. (See attached photos) Apparently, genuine Samsung's should only have 3 connection points? Does anyone know this to be true? Do these look fake? Or has anyone purchased the 25R's on Amazon? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,021.6 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 46

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
I bought a bunch of 25rs from Amazon and they were all authentic. But Amazon is a bit like Ebay, the seller isn't necessarily Amazon, it's usually just someone selling though Amazon's site. Who actually filled the order? Do you even know?

As far as those batteries go, that is highly suspect. Neither looks legit to me.

Reactions: ditc

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
OP, build at least below .3 ohm, shoot for .2 range. And you will get the full advertised output of your mod. You have been here awhile, so I assume you already know about Ohms law. When a mod has a certain voltage limit and a certain amperage limit, there is only a limited range of resistances that can possibly work to achieve x power output.

Reactions: ditc

ditc

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Davesignal, the sigelei, using those batts i posted above, is using a .3 ohm atlantis coil. I was getting "check battery" (wouldn't fire) when at 65 watts and above. A few mins later, wouldn't fire past 60w. A few mins after that, wouldn't fire past 55w. Battery percentage was still at 85% on the sigelei, and took them out and they both had 4.06 or 4.07v charge. Both batts were married and charged fully when this happened. I know very little about batteries, so i wasn't sure if these do happen to be counterfeit, perhaps they don't put out the same amps as a real one?

CompletelyAverage, it was fulfilled by Amazon, but sold by "health store and more"

ditc

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Thanks again for the reply, davesignal! I have not tried any others yet, but i just ordered a pair from lightningvapes that i am awaiting. They had a good price and i heard they are very reputable. If the same problem arises with the new batts, i will chalk it up to a bad Sigelei, and the vendor is already willing to replace it for me if that's the case. If the problem is fixed with the new batts, then i spose this was just a public service announcement about the pair that i bought from amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread