• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Santa Monica is at it again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
I heard on the news this morning that Santa Monica has passed yet another anti-smoking ordinance, this time focused on residential housing...

It bans smoking within 25 ft. of any doorway, window, balcony or vent, and comes with a whopping $100 fine!! It is already illegal to smoke in any common area, walkway or courtyard, so isn't this a little bit redundant??

Santa Monica is running a close 2nd to Santa Cruz (in Northern CA) as to having the most strict anti-smoking laws in the State... Could their 'Saintly' names have something to do with it?? LMAO!!

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
If they keep at it like this, the only place left to smoke will be in your own home, with all the doors and windows shut!!

But they really don't think things out too well... The last time I was on the Santa Monica Pier, I dutifully went to find a 'designated smoking area', which was not an easy task... There was a red carpet, surrounded by red velvet ropes, by the edge of the pier... but no signs of any sort. The only thing that gave it away were the cigarette burns on the carpet, because there was no ashcan, either!!!

I wondered just how many butts ended up in the ocean, which is counter productive to their whole 'Heal the Bay' campaign... As for me, I carry (or did... ha!!) a little plastic '.... box' in my purse, that I got from buttsout.net, just for such occasions!!

I used to love going to the free Twilight Dance concerts in the Summer there, but I haven't been back since... I know that we are not supposed to vape anywhere that we shouldn't smoke, but there's still enuff of a rebel left in me, that I would love to take a stroll down the 3rd Street Promenade with my Joye 510 and challenge some of their ordinances!! :2cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread