Not open for further replies.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Scutch

All flavors were TPA using the hot water bath method for a mild quick steep.

7% Double RY4
3% Butterscotch (some may want to adjust this lower)
3% Pistachio
3% Vanilla Swirl
2% Bavarian Cream
2% Caramel Candy
(Use Toasted Almond instead of Pistachio for a completely different flavor)

Smell: A vanilla custard with butterscotch. Smells a lot like Big Willie's Vanilla Custard.

Taste: A very complex hybrid between a RY4 and Vanilla custard. Before steeping you may get a more pronounced cherry note from the pistachio which many people have enjoyed. As this recipe steeps the flavors meld together into a sophisticated "darker" flavor. The tobacco is very subtle and most people won't even notice it's there. The Butterscotch is well pronounced in this recipe and "custardizes" this juice further. The vanilla and cream ads great balance to the darker notes of this recipe and helps smooth and lighten the taste on the back end.

Replacing the Pistachio with Toasted Almond changes this juice by a surprising amount. The "honey oat - like" (Think Honey Nut Cheerios or Cosmic Fog's Milk and Honey) flavor really shines in this mix and some people prefer this version over the Pistachio.

Since this recipe is so flavor-fully complex I constantly find myself tweaking it and getting something new out of it. You may want to play around with it as well as you decide which flavor profiles of this mix you want more of.

Either way folks ... there you go. This is the RWhy4 derivative that I have been using as an ADV for months now. It's gained some popularity with a few people locally who can't seem to get enough of it. For those of you who try it, I hope you enjoy. And remember ... vape on! :vapor:

thefleck

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
CA
Thanks tc! I know your old recipe was popular so I'm excited to try the refined version.

I can tell it is very well thought-out. I wish everyone explained the reason behind various flavor additions in recipes... seems like a lot of mixes are random combinations that haven't been tweaked much and probably have unneeded components.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Thanks tc! I know your old recipe was popular so I'm excited to try the refined version.

I can tell it is very well thought-out. I wish everyone explained the reason behind various flavor additions in recipes... seems like a lot of mixes are random combinations that haven't been tweaked much and probably have unneeded components.

You're welcome and I hope you enjoy.

UncleChimney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2010
SE Pa
I made some of this juice shortly after you posted the recipe, but the only thing that I didn't have was pistachio, so I used some toasted almond like you recommended. I wasn't very fond of the juice after I first made it. I was using an RDA at .7Ω at the time and it just didn't taste very good at all. Since then though I have bought a Subtank Mini and in order not to waste any juice I needed to put it in the Mini and plow through it because I really am that cheap! I don't like to waste any juice if I don't have to so I put it into my Mini at 17.5 watts and it has been an incredible juice!! I am 15ml into the 30ml bottle and I'm already thinking about making more! Thank you so much for the recipe, it is very good!

Jacob

Last edited:

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
I made some of this juice shortly after you posted the recipe, but the only thing that I didn't have was pistachio, so I used some toasted almond like you recommended. I wasn't very fond of the juice after I first made it. I was using an RDA at .7Ω at the time and it just didn't taste very good at all. Since then though I have bought a Subtank Mini and in order not to waste any juice I needed to put it in the Mini and plow through it because I really am that cheap! I don't like to waste any juice if I don't have to so I put it into my Mini at 17.5 watts and it has been an incredible juice!! I am 15ml into the 30ml bottle and I'm already thinking about making more! Thank you so much for the recipe, it is very good!

Jacob

Glad you found it enjoyable one way or another. Odd that it didn't taste great to you in the RDA (though everyone has different taste buds). For me, the taste doesn't really change with any atomizer I use.

I will say though that Toasted Almond is a pretty strong flavor. In fact, in my current mix of this recipe I split the percentage of the Pistachio with a tad of Toasted Almond (2-3ml in a 30ml batch) and I STILL get a substantial toasted almond flavor. Perhaps the TA was overpowering the mix at first in the RDA.

I've tried so many tweaks to this recipe and I've enjoyed all of them. IMHO the Pistachio and Caramel Candy are the two best flavors to tweak in this recipe. Want more butterscotch? More vanilla ice cream? Knock the percentage of the Pistachio and/or Caramel a % or two. Want less RY4 and more custard-like taste? Lower the Double RY4 down 2% and add the butterscotch and vanilla ice cream. etc etc.

It's a complex yet easily tweaked recipe to bring out different nuances.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I've been vaping the rwhy4 on and off for almost a year now,and seen this recipe a while back,but forgot about it until yesterday.I made up a sample batch with the toasted almond,and wow this stuff is great.I need to get some pistachio to try it that way too,but in the meantime,i will be making quite a bit of it with the toasted almond.Thanks for sharing another great recipe.

I`m a big fan of the original RWhy4 (THANKS tc1 !!!!), and I`d like to give this variation a try

The only flavor I don`t have,is TPA pistachio

I know that I have some FA pistachio and I`d like to try that for this recipe....it`s one of many of those little sample size bottles

Several of my FA sample bottles have developed leaks,and some of the labels are unreadable.

Of course,pistachio is one of the "leakers"

I`ve narrowed the bottles down to 2.....both of `em smell pretty much the same.....so here`s my question:

Is FA pistachio caramel colored,or is it clear ?

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
Ah hah, TC thanks for this recipe and the others I tried from your blog..very good and well conceived IMO. It took awhile to get all the flavorings shipped here but i finally got to play around with RWhy4 Double and Butterscotch recipes of yours and have a few friends who also enjoy them:thumbs:

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Scutch

All flavors were TPA using the hot water bath method for a mild quick steep.

7% Double RY4
3% Butterscotch (some may want to adjust this lower)
3% Pistachio
3% Vanilla Swirl
2% Bavarian Cream
2% Caramel Candy
(Use Toasted Almond instead of Pistachio for a completely different flavor)

I'm a late bloomer here but thought I'd chime in.
Like almost everyone else; I didn't have Pistachio in my kitchen. So first batch was 3% Toasted Almond for 3% Pistachio. Really tasty but a bit sweet for an all day vape for me (still had NO problem going through the 10 ml. :))
Second batch I spit the "tobacco" in half: 3.5% Double RY4 + 3.5% DK Tobacco (TFA), 3% Toasted Almond in place of Pistachio (everything else as listed). This was too "perfumey" for me. (I'm still looking for that vape that reminds me of Grandpa's pipe)(and I wasn't willing to give this the needed shelf time the DK requires). But, low and behold, it still disappeared.
Third batch: 3.5% Double RY4, 1.7% Black Honey (tobacco, TFA), 1.8% DK Tobacco (TFA), 3% Toasted Almond in place of Pistachio (the rest as listed). This has serious promise right out of the starting gate. Very pipe-like. Not too sweet. Not too heavy. Very aromatic in both taste and smell. Its great in my dripper but may have to bump the DRY4 1% for my SubTank mini.
Any way you like it; this is a keeper! Thanks for sharing!! :thumbs:

(Now I just need to get some Pistachio... :rolleyes:)

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
I'm enjoying and playing with this recipe.

1st go around followed to the letter... GOOD
2nd go around followed to the letter and then added menthol... Not too bad
3rd go around followed recipe to the letter less the ry4 double...Nice/Light/Sweet

Still have to play with the Pistachio. I have it, just have only used the Toasted Almond so far on the attempts.
Thanks for posting this...its seems to be hanging in there!!! :p

Reactions: IDJoel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread