Searching for the perfect vape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!
I quit analogs altogether on July 5th of this year! Let me start by saying its the best thing I've ever done! As I delve deeper into vaping, I am forever searching for the "perfect" all day flavor! I'm all over the map in my search, and keep ending up right back at the start! I am still on my "virgin" setup (an EGO-C) and have been experimenting with all kinds of flavors (even DIY mixing) and have come up with a few standbys, but its just not "the one". LOL
So I am looking for some recommendations.........
first for a good atomizer/clearomizer/ tank. I'm currently running CE4 clearomizers and there seems to be some serious quality control issues which is pretty frustrating, so if anyone would, I would appreciate some recommendations for that!
secondly, What are some recommendations/favorites for a good all day vape?
I'm open, but do prefer a good flavorful mix.
If its a DIY, A recipe would be great!
Thanks!
Eric

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
Somewhere in PA on my Ultra Limited
Congrats on quitting, let me know if you find the "perfect" vape ;)

IMHO, I've become really hooked on rebuildable atomizers (RBAs) and specifically the DID. For me, SS mesh with a LR coil really provides a great tasting and satisfying vape. I also really enjoy dripping sessions with either HH.357s (2.0ohm) or Cisco 306s (1.8ohm) - very clean and crisp. For flavors? I find that anything I vape for a while starts feeling muted so rotate through about half a dozen different tobacco type flavors: Bobas Bounty & Gorilla Juice from Alien Visions, Gandalf from HHV, Dragon's Fire from HHV, RY4 Gold from Ikenvape and a couple odd flavors like Mad Murdoch's Pluid, After Dinner D'Lite from Juicy vapors, Malty Toffee & Green Apple from Backwoods Brew.

Good luck finding your all day!

Jimmyhat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2012
West Chester, Pa
I suggest the vivi nova for a tank its cheap and IMO a great set up also I'm a big fan of most AVE or copper creek juices but gorilla juice is probably my favorite. If your looking for perfection then the setup I would suggest would be an Ihybrid or a zenesis mini. the only problem with them is that they aren't exactly portable

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
If you must use a clearomizer, the rebuildable seem to be of better quality. Maybe a mini nova... I got tired of the clearomizers. Too many issues, whether it be leaking, muted flavors, dry hits. For an ego, a l.r. carto work well. As for a good all day vape, flavors I love you may dislike. I will recommend Heathers Heavenly vapes Shadowfax, Gandolf, or Gollum. Can't go wrong with any of these. If I were stranded on an island with only one, it would be Shadowfax. Good luck and congratulations on making the switch.

thumper23

Dec 16, 2012
Bluegrass
Everybodys tastes are different and seem to change over time. I have a friend who has been vaping for over a year now and has never vaped anything other than johnson creeks jc original. He started with it and refuses to even try anything else. I however dont like jc original at all and have tried at least 30 flavors and have yet to zero in on "the one". I regularly use about 4-5 vapes and use others on occasion. If i had to stick with just one it would probably be Bobas Bounty, but i also enjoy a few flavors from HHV and Highbrow. Equipment can be even more discerning for most. Many people love high end stuff, but i keep it simple and love my basic ego c with cartomizer tank set up. Cheap, reliable, and easy.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Hi all!
I quit analogs altogether on July 5th of this year! Let me start by saying its the best thing I've ever done! As I delve deeper into vaping, I am forever searching for the "perfect" all day flavor! I'm all over the map in my search, and keep ending up right back at the start! I am still on my "virgin" setup (an EGO-C) and have been experimenting with all kinds of flavors (even DIY mixing) and have come up with a few standbys, but its just not "the one". LOL
So I am looking for some recommendations.........
first for a good atomizer/clearomizer/ tank. I'm currently running CE4 clearomizers and there seems to be some serious quality control issues which is pretty frustrating, so if anyone would, I would appreciate some recommendations for that!
secondly, What are some recommendations/favorites for a good all day vape?
I'm open, but do prefer a good flavorful mix.
If its a DIY, A recipe would be great!
Thanks!
Eric

Hi Eric,
I'll also suggest the Vision mini vivi novas. As for a flavor for an all day vape, you may be hard pushed to find one. The reason is that our taste buds can change - often its better to have a few favorite flavors and alternate between them. For some reason this keeps the taste fresh - for me anyway. If I vape only one juice all the time I start losing the flavor in my taste buds. This happens to quite a few people, although perhaps not everyone. When I chnage juices I get the flavor of each one each time. if you get what I mean. So I usually have at least 2-3 everyday flavors, and then a bunch of others I drop in and out of as well.

kingjameo

Dec 28, 2012
london
It is safer than smoking, but still not a great idea to inhale anything other than air.
a128.jpg

Thanks for the info folks! I am going to try a different tank..
I guess my "problem" with flavors isn't really a problem.... Seems everyone is doing the same thing I am.....have a few favorites, and rotate them!
Guess we are all striving for the "Holy Grail"................... a tank that don't leak, a coil that doesn't burn up, the all day vape flavor, etc.!

DavidLester

Dec 29, 2012
Yorkshire
Hi Eric Firstly congrats on nearly 6 months of vaping! I'm not sure where you get your vaping supplies from. It is a great challenge for any vapour to not just find a good supplier, but one with consistent quality. I'm very lucky to have found someone local to me, and even luckier that they have started to sell FlavourArt ready to vape e-liquid. I got a great deal on 3 clearomizers with 3 x 10ml of e-liquid, and they have a no quibble money back guarentee.
I have different e-juice for different times of the day, and still mix flavours just for the fun of it!
Many e-cig suppliers just import from agents in Hong Kong so quality can vary!
Good luck and happy vaping

cmcelroy09

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2012
Columbus, OH
Hey Eric welcome to the site! For me I've tried about everything when it comes to equipment. I've had a few rba's, vivi nova's, atomizers, and carto tanks. I keep going back to my Silver Bullet from AltSmoke with a low resistance 901 atty from EmpireMods. For me it has great flavor and awesome throat hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread