Second wave of 2013 e-cig users

Status
Not open for further replies.

numba1quiter

Jan 7, 2013
Los Angeles
So about a month ago I posted a thread on here speculating that there would be a big bump in sales due to people switching from analog cigs to e-cigs based on a new year's resolution. Since then there have been many articles commenting on the soaring sales of e-cigs.

I'm speculating that we're now seeing a second wave of new users, those who have been introduced to e-cigs by coming into contact with former smoking friends and have decided to make the switch. Personally I've helped 3 people thus far to switch from analogs to e-cigs. From those three I know that they have propagated e-cig usage to at least another 4, usually bfs, siblings etc.

This is a very exciting time for vapers.

Remember: Friends don't let friends smoke analogs.

neurotr

Dec 30, 2012
ankara
I'm from Turkey. Working in an IT company. It has over 200 employees. I have been vaping for1 month.

And I managed to convert 20 people from analog to ecig in the company and 5 from outside in one month.

I believe it wiill reach 50 people in 2-3 months.

I generally come close towards a smoker and say "I can smell the ashtable" in you now...

Generally It works.

Disconnect

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2013
Washington DC
I didn't switch as a resolution, I just had a few bucks and decided it was time. Been considering it off and on for a while.. (nothing like walking a mile each way in windy 15-degree weather because you stayed up all night drinking with friends and smoked all your cigs.. brr.. Admittedly, it'll be worse if I run out of juice or attys since the "local" shop is a 30 minute drive, but still..)

Converted a coworker already - he bought my 510 cigalike gear off me 3 days after I got it :)

AJK78

Jan 23, 2013
netherlands
I started vaping two weeks ago. At my work there are about 6 people that smoke. So far three of them are interested in vaping. One of them bought some disposable ecigs last monday and another is going to buy disposable ecigs today. I'm pretty sure the third one will also try it. It remains to be seen if they will stick with it, but I'm pretty hopeful considering they have seen me quit analogs instantly.

cappss99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2013
Summersville WV
I've been vaping for 3 yrs. everybody was saying what is that and I'd tell them, but nobody wanted to try them until this year.
So far I have 8 friends vaping now some have quit analogs some still doing both. What I have seen is people buying the ones in gas stations and they say that they are nasty or they don't last long and that's why they won't use them, so I've been buying them online for them and they love them. So I tell people to stay away from those over priced junk at gas stations. I have been getting them from GreenSmoke which I think are the best ones to get started on I no they are expensive but I get them to buy juice to refill the cartos,and that is working for them. I didn't no you could do that until about a year ago so I spent a lot of money on the the carts until I found it on YouTube and then found ECF. Now I'm using ego c waiting for my new twist to come in the mail, I buy my juice from different vendors.

AJK78

Jan 23, 2013
netherlands
Hope the disposables don't put them off. Tell them to get a starter kit then they just might stick with it.

I tell them that the Ego Twists are better than the disposables, but they want something that looks like a real cigarette instead of a 'crack pipe'. I think it might be better to get them to start with the simple ecigs and then work from there. It took me a couple days of reading the forums here to get a basic understanding of what's what with volts and ohm's and clearomizers and cartomizers etc etc. If you throw all that at a person during their lunch break it may be overwhelming and confusing for some people and put them off completely. We'll see how it goes.

CarpePM

Jan 31, 2013
Upstate New York
I smoked in college, not a ton but, enough. I quit at some point after college, probably because of money (even tho analogs were MUCH cheaper then than they are now). I picked it back up again a few years later for another few years but, eventually quit again for some reason or another. I never missed the flavor, the TH, or even the nic buzz (maybe a little). I missed the actual process of smoking. Holding the cig, inhaling and exhaling the smoke, blowing rings, etc. I'm sure that sounds weak as all hell but, that's what I missed about it. I tried going back to analogs several times but every time, the smoke would make me sick to my stomach (which is probably a good thing).

Fast forward several years, I needed to smoke a cigarette in a show. I knew I wouldn't be able to stomach an analog so, I found a cheap Chinese e-cig that did the trick. It wasn't all that great (in comparison to now) but, it didn't suck and I new I wanted to try something better. I found a local shop and they gave me a very brief education and sold me a 901t setup and a few containers of e-liquid. Now I'm hooked. I smoked a pipe for a while when I was working on a cruise ship. I just received an DSE601c pipe yesterday and I can't put it down. I crave the vapor! Looking for whatever is going to give me the most vapor is my new conquest.

Disconnect

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2013
Washington DC
In the past 4 hours I've converted 2 others - 1 smoking 'smoke free' and 1 who gave up on n-joy and went back to cigs. MFS and MyPV (and hopefully vape dojo - support local business!) should get orders from them soon :) And I have a shopping list from the coworker who got my 510 stuff for when I go to dojo tomorrow..

Kinda OT though, none of them switched cuz of new year's resolutions..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread