Status
Not open for further replies.

mfraz25

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2010
The Peach State
-All Secret Santa's must have at least 500 posts AND/OR positive PIF feedback/positive reputation in PIF

-A minimum of $15 and a maximum of $20 spending limit. ( Excluding shipping cost)

-Please, only send a gift you would be proud to give and thrilled to receive.

-Sorry but no suppliers allowed, and US only.

-To sign up:
1) Send a private message to me with your mailing address. Information must be received no later than November 1st, 2011

-PM's or emails will be sent to all Secret Santa's with their recipient no later than November 9th .

-Secret Santa participants MUST reply to their recipient pm NO LATER THAN November 15th, or I will assume you no longer want to participate and I WILL reassign!!! If at anytime you cannot participate, you need to let us know ASAP.

-Gifts need to be mailed out NO LATER THAN December 5th and again I need an pm letting me know that the gift has been sent, date it was sent, along with a tracking number. NO exceptions! You must have a tracking number. Don't wait till the last day to send. Send as early as possible. There is no excuse for sending late, and no excuse for not giving a tracking number.

Please wrap your gifts as though they are loaded with dynamite and will blow any second. Don't put fragile on the box, it only guarantees it will be treated like all other packages. (Translates into the box will be used for substitute football demos... coming DIRECTLY from a UPS Driver!) small amount of insurance on the pkg wouldn't hurt.

-Once you have received your gift, I also need a pm to let me know you have received it. Don't assume I know you have. My memory is not that good.

We will start a separate thread for you to discuss the SS this year. That is also where you will post your interests, such as, favorite vendor, favorite color, preferred mg and pg/vg ratio. When you receive your gift please post in the discussion thread. Remember pictures are ALWAYS welcome.

-The S.S. list will be revealed on December 28th (unless otherwise noted) in the SS discussion thread.

Let's all have a good time and enjoy the family we have here in Pay It Forward.

Last edited by a moderator:

chr1s234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2010
I'm not tellin'
Hmm, I have to say I am a bit offended. I don't have 500 posts yet I am a few days away from being an ECF veteran who has participated in a secret santa before. Why am I being excluded because I read a lot but don't talk quite as much? My SS recipient received their present last year. The 500 post requirement seems a bit obscene...

mfraz25

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2010
The Peach State
The 500 post requirement was set up because of the problems that were had last year with the Secret Santa. If you wish to participate but don't reach the post limit PM one of the PIF mods and have it cleared with them. I wasn't around last year but the mods and I have decided to set more rules so hopefully things will run a bit smoother and there will be less problems like we faced last year.

chr1s234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2010
I'm not tellin'
The 500 post requirement was set up because of the problems that were had last year with the Secret Santa. If you wish to participate but don't reach the post limit PM one of the PIF mods and have it cleared with them. I wasn't around last year but the mods and I have decided to set more rules so hopefully things will run a bit smoother and there will be less problems like we faced last year.

Well I'm not going to exploit a spammable thread just to hit 500 posts so I won't hit that in time. I guess I will contact a mod then. Just to put the post count in perspective though I could go randomly start talking anywhere to hit that limit, but so could anybody else. It's not going to keep someone from taking advantage if they really want to. It will however keep some genuinely honest people from being able to participate :(

chr1s234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2010
I'm not tellin'
Yes I understand that. I have already contacted a MOD regarding this. I am just stating my opinion that this will only keep honest people from participating. Anyone who wants to take advantage unfortunately will find a way :( So I await a reply from a MOD. And in the most sincere earnest way I hope the rest of the MOD's will see who this particular rule really hinders, the honest people. Just again my opinion.

chr1s234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2010
I'm not tellin'
Just hang tight all. Working on some stuff.

Chris, you are in, you have pos feedback here and participated last year. Besides, I have your address and GPS. :p

Thanks B. though the GPS thing seems a little stalkerish lol :p j/k

Glad to see this has been re-worked so those that have a positive history in PIF can participate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread