The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Self firing mod!!!

Discussion in 'Vandy Vape' started by Tunka, Jun 10, 2020.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Tunka

Tunka Full Member

May 31, 2014
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posting this to let others know: Twice today, June 10, 2020, my Pulse Dual squonk mod fired itself while sitting next to me. I have the Pulse V2 squonk mounted on it. First time, it was loaded with juice and ignited the coils, burning the cotton and I could see the angry red glow through the vents. I had broken everything down, cleaned it all in prep for rewicking. While it sat there, again the mod fired itself until it timed out.
    THIS IS VERY DANGEROUS. I am NOT going to use this mod any more and I seriously hope someone from Vandy Vape sees this and takes remedial action before some one is injured or a fire started.
    As far as I'm concerned? I'll not be buying anymore Vandy Vape hardware.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Have you contacted Vandy Vape for hopefully a refund or replacement? This is probably the bet way to get them to "notice you." Sorry that happened and glad you are ok.

Anna

• Like Like x 1
  3. crazyvape

crazyvape Full Member

May 6, 2019
    Texas
    A friend of mine had his do the same thing, he contacted Vandy Vape and he was asked to return it. They sent it back after they repaired it with no mention as to what caused it, the mod works fine now.

• Like Like x 1