The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Semi-circuit squonk box

Discussion in 'Liquid Feed APV Discussion' started by Piccolo Chimico, Jan 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Piccolo Chimico

Piccolo Chimico Full Member

Jan 11, 2020
    Italy
    Hello everyone,

I ordered my third Wismec Luxotic BF (the first model), but the e-shop contacted me saying that they do not have it available and probably they will never have it again (except for the absurd colors that I will never buy). So I take advantage of this inconvenience to try something new, despite the fact that I had a great time with the aforementioned box.
    I would like someone of you to kindly signal me an equally good squonk BF box if you knew it. I list below the features that I like about Luxotic and that consequently I also look for in the new box:
    • Solidity (good workmanship and materials, resistant and heavy, no light and plastic)
    • Simplicity (only one button, no manual adjustments, no display: I want to connect the atom, to fill the bottle and to vape)
    • Semi-circuit (only protection, on-off, automatic recognition of the power to be delivered)
    • Possibly metallic grey version (therefore without any painting)
    • At least 100 W
    • Single 18650 battery

Here, however, a feature that I would like in the new box, but that Luxotic does not have:
    • Classic BF bottles (no "Pico Squeeze-style" bottles)

2. Zaryk

Zaryk Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    Look at the recurve squonk mod. It sounds like it will fit the requirements you set.

• Like Like x 2
  3. 73neb

73neb Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 27, 2014
    N. California Bay Area
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Piccolo Chimico

Jan 11, 2020
    Italy
    Thanks to both of you for your answers.
    I looked at the Recurve and I have to admit that, at first glance, I don't like it at all, but if you say it is a valid box I will take this for lack of alternatives.
    Do you know anything else?

Also thanks for the Luxotic ones, I had never heard of that site.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 73neb

73neb Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 27, 2014
    N. California Bay Area
  6. Piccolo Chimico

Jan 11, 2020
    Italy
    Thanks again!
    The system that brings the liquid from the bottle to the atom in the Feedlink did not inspire me too much...
    In the end I ordered another Luxotic BF from another site.

7. Zaryk

Zaryk Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    For a cheap mod, the recurve is actually pretty nice. Biggest downfall is that it's a bit heavy. Overall, I'm impressed with how well they hold up.

My wife is very hard on mods, usually dropping them. I got her a recurve around 10-12 months ago and it has been through a lot of abuse (I'm seriously surprised her mod still works) but it still works just like new.

8. Punk In Drublic

Punk In Drublic Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    If cost is not an issue, there are a number of high end single battery mosfet squonkers from the likes of Estoque and SVA Mods. But these go for a few hundred $$$

Does not fall into your criteria, but the Reload Squonker is quite small for a dual parallel battery squonker. Built like a tank! One of my favorite squonkers.

9. Piccolo Chimico

Jan 11, 2020
    Italy
    Hell, I would not have imagined: to look at it this way it seems anything but resistant, indeed it almost looks like a plastic toy. It will certainly be the next BF box that I will try!

I wanted to stay under the "hundreds" of Euros :D
    I will take it into consideration, but for now I don't need something that allows me to use two batteries together.

10. AngeNZ

AngeNZ Frankenvaper ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
  11. Piccolo Chimico

Jan 11, 2020
    Italy
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.