jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
Hello All,

I recently got an authentic Sentinel V4 by Grand Vapor...it is a wonderful mod for the most part....some of the threads on the bottom tube were a bit rough when I first got it, but a bit of Noalox fixed that....

I really like the mod, but I was wondering if it would be possible to put magnets in the switch...AFAIK the existing switch has a spring....I did a magnet upgrade in my Nemesis clone and I really prefer the feel of magnets, so I would like to do the same with my Sentinel.

So I bought a set of magnets from Fatdaddyvapes on Ebay. I emailed the guy from Fatdaddy vapes and he said that the magnet set would work for the V4....I just got the magnets today, but I have a small problem....I cannot figure out how to dissasseble the switch on the Sentinel!!!

I took off the silver plated brass screw, and saw that there is a post under there with an O-Ring on it....I cannot get that O-Ring off to save my life!! I can only imagine what it'd be like to reinstall it!! (yikes!!)

Anyway, I was just wondering if any of you have done the magnet upgrade to your Sentinels, and if you've had any luck getting the switch apart? Thanks for any information/tips you might be able to give me!!

Oh, and here's an obligatory pic...

20140310_154353.jpg

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
I have an M16 might be the same, remove the whole bottom cap from the tube. Put firing button in the unlocked position, press firing button and while holding it in, on the battery side/contact side unscrew the battery contact from the switch and it should drop out.

It doesn't...They put an O-Ring on the switch pin, and it's that O-Ring that's keeping me from removing the switch. I don't want to force anything so I am trying to be gentle with it, but I cannot get it to come off for the life of me.....My fear is that once I get it off I will not be able to get it back on (it sits in a recessed hole)...oh well, I'll keep working at it and let you know how it goes...

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
Was just wondering if this was figured out yet? I have a Sentinel v4 coming in the mail and prefer magnets my self!

I'm glad you asked, because I finally figured it out! I ended up getting the O-Ring out (it sits in a groove in a recessed hole, so it's a PITA to remove). I got a magnet set from Fatdaddyvapes for the Sentinel V1, but one of the magnets did not fit the V4.....So I ended up getting a set of magnets from Super Magnet Man (I forget which ones I ordered...if I can find a link I'll post it).

So all in all, I was able to find magnets that worked for the Sentinel V4. I am pretty sure these are the ones I got:

Super Magnet Man

I had to double-up on the amount of magnets I put in the switch though, as the magnets are a bit weak.....but it worked!! :)

usernamenotfound

Nov 25, 2013
LI, NY
Picked mine up from www.fatdaddyvapes.com too. They're not too soft, not too strong, but just right.

The switch was a little bit of a pain for me as well. I found that using two precision flat heads I was able to weasel the o-ring off.

I used one to push on the o-ring and create a bit of space between the o-ring and the shaft of the button.

Once I had room, I just slid the other (smaller) screwdriver into the gap, and completely through the center of the o-ring, then just rotated the o-ring out.

Just so people can see what they're up against I've attached some pictures of what the switch looks like when its detached.

uploadfromtaptalk1400458358774.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1400458380083.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread