Seven 22 vs Dna20?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaRod

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2014
Delray Beach FL
Right now its hard to compare because there is only one mod out there that I know of using the SX220 chip, most DNA20s are small mods while the Seven-22 is a monster. So right now I use the "monster" at home and my Protovapor dna30 when I go out. Performance wise they are close considering the higher power I vape at is around 20W.

ispytech

Mar 16, 2014
USA
I have a Seven22 and I love it! It hits like a champ, awesome flavor and it even hits closer to the desired voltage on some setups than the DNAs. Pbusardo has quick review of it on youtube where he runs over the numbers. Like the DNAs it has no step down voltage so if you set it too low it will kick it up to the lowest that it can deliver. 26650 battery lasts me for at least 2 days and it sub ohms to .5 ohms! One thing that I prefer over the DNA is the real time display. All information is delivered in real time, when you press the button you see your battery drop in real time! The display gives you your resistance, wattage setting, applied voltage to achieve that wattage, and your remaining battery charge with a battery meter and a battery voltage read out. It is heavy, but I like that. The button is very nice, firm, and clicky. It has a floating 510 connection which is really nice, everything sits flush! It is machined extremely well. All of the threads on this device are as smooth as butter! I seriously recommend this APV. It is my favorite and has become my all day device, I don't even touch any of the mechs I have anymore and the only reason I pick up any smaller device is because I need something small to put in my pocket. For DNA performance at a reasonable price, go for the Seven22 you will not be disappointed.

blueGrassTubb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
The Bluegrass
I have the Sigelei 20W which uses the same chip (SX200, though the Seven-22 uses the SX220).

It's awesome. The tests run on it via capable people using capable equipment show that the chip is everything the DNA20 is only at a much lower cost.

You can run whatever you want on it. I've been running mostly single micro coil setups via my Igo-L at .9Ω and another at 1Ω and it works great. I also have a dual micro coil setup in an Igo-W at .8Ω with no issues.

It's a nice, smooth DC signal (just like the DNAxx) that is accurate. You'll like the SXxxx chip every bit as much as your DNA20. Anything you couls run on your DNA device, you can run on your Seven-22.

mbliffert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2014
Ocean Springs, MS
I was a previously owner of a vaporshark dna20 but sadly it was retired in a nasty fall. In hopes to regain one of my favorite mod setups, i just bought the seven 22. Any thoughts on it? Which do you prefer?

The chipsets are similar with the DNA capable of higher power, but the mods are totally different.

Comparing the VaporShark to the Seven22 is like comparing a Miata to a dump truck. One is the smallest modern VV mod with the other being the largest. Two iPod nanos taped together vs. a section of a nightstick.

I personally still prefer the DNA setups and overall form factor you usually find the DNA chips in. I don't like big mods so that rules out the Seven22 for me, but as far as vape performance goes, you should be able to achieve a very similar experience with your new Seven22. It has been shown to be a great mod and chip-wise, definitely a contender with the DNA.

gwelker

Dec 17, 2013
Los Angeles
... It is my favorite and has become my all day device, I don't even touch any of the mechs I have anymore and the only reason I pick up any smaller device is because I need something small to put in my pocket. .

Heartily agree, just got the tobeco kayfun+ mega clone in for the Seven22 and it looks like a Saturn V rocket stage, so definitely not a pocket vape, but for home, it's my all day(s) vape now. Per Phil Busardo's review, with the Seven22 being non pulse-modulated has a definite positive improvement to the flavor performance with all my RBAs (Kayfuns and Russians included.)

It also makes the VTR seem to be a middle weight champ now to me ;-)

Seven22andVTR_2014w.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread