seven days ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdstreets

Mar 5, 2013
Greenville sc
Seven days ago today I hung up this nasty habit of mine. All of you pointed me in the right direction. Thanks to all of you on this
forum. I'm not sure what is so different about my e-cig and the patches and gum but this is not the same as all the other ways
to quit. Maybe it's because I like this so much. I don't know.

This morning I got up at five, got me a cup of coffee, and the smell and taste of it was unreal. I'm not sure if trading one habit
for another is better for me or not, but it sure seems better to me.

The only draw back to this I see so far is the smell of my old habit. I thanked my wife for putting up with my stink for all of these
years. She's got to love me to have lived with this for twenty years. She doesn't smoke. Never has. Everywhere I've smoked, my car,
my shop, even my clothes, stinks like stale cigs. I sure hope this goes away! She thanked me for doing this. That alone is worth it.

As long as I can get these devices I know I can leave the cigs alone. The FDA doesn't seem to like these devices at all. I hope
they don't mess up the best thing that has happened to me in thirty years. Until they do, they can have the cigs and all the sin taxes
they collect from smokers!

XeniaMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Xenia, Ohio
Welcome to the forum! We have the same quit date, and the sense of smell (and taste) have really come back a lot just in a week's time. I haven't been smoking in my house and car for many years, so I didn't have that to contend with. Febreze is your friend. Another trick is to take dryer sheets and put them in the vents of the car for a week or so and that will get the smell out of the cooling/heating system. When I did smoke in my last car, there were times it smelled like a bar bathroom on friday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread