Shave down threads??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
Okay so my 510 cartomizer won't fit on my riva battery. Is there anyway I can shave the threads so they will fit? I wanted to ask before I do it because I will be upset if I mess them up. I do have my joye 510 batteries but I enjoy the cartomizers more on my Riva battery.

Hey 757girl, we really have missed you around here. Very glad to see you back!

Tell me something. Do your Joye 510 carto's fit okay on your 510 batteries?

I see your having problems getting them on your Riva.

The reason I ask, I have a ton of KR808D-1 batteries of various descriptions and have to use an adapter between the 510 carto and the 808 battery. A few of the 510 cartos fit on the adapter very nicely, but the majority won't go on at all. I wondered if they fit better on the 510 batteries? Or are you going to have to file them down to fit there also?

I found a nail file somebody must have left here because my wife uses the file I use to sharpen my lawnmower blades on her nails and I'll try to gently file the end of a carto down a little and see if that helps.

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
Okay so my 510 cartomizer won't fit on my riva battery. Is there anyway I can shave the threads so they will fit? I wanted to ask before I do it because I will be upset if I mess them up. I do have my joye 510 batteries but I enjoy the cartomizers more on my Riva battery.

There are 510 Rivas and 901 Rivas. Which do you have? If the 510 rivas, the cartos for the 510 should fit.

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
vaporgalinfla and 757girl, okay, I took your advice and used a metal nail file to gently file down the threads on my Joye 510 cartos and my ladies, I'm pleased to report that IT WORKED PERFECTLY!!!

It was easy and I did 10 of them in less than five minutes. You saved me from throwing away 10 cartos that I really like!

THANK YOU!!!

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
Soooo it does work...*smiling* Now I am off to do my own. I didn't want to destroy them then you all would have to see me crying about it up here lol

Just be gentle (like you are with me) and keep rotating the cartos as you file them down. Check it and if it need more, file a bit more. It works fine!

Padre

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
Maryland
you guys are crazy. I see a thread called "Shave down threads" and I see TT is involved so I grab my bestest FSUSA juice for a funny thread about ???Shaving down???? and I get this?

You guys are really talking about shaving the threads of the atty? :laugh:

What is this place becoming? the Tips and tricks section?

I am actually glad it didnt have anything to do with the shaving I was thinking of

Or

the "down" that I was thinking of!:oops:

carry on

tgcrna

Tink
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Greensboro, NC
you guys are crazy. I see a thread called "Shave down threads" and I see TT is involved so I grab my bestest FSUSA juice for a funny thread about ???Shaving down???? and I get this?

You guys are really talking about shaving the threads of the atty? :laugh:

What is this place becoming? the Tips and tricks section?

I am actually glad it didnt have anything to do with the shaving I was thinking of

Or

the "down" that I was thinking of!:oops:

carry on

And you say WE are crazy!! Ha Ha!

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
tgcrna, yeah, "shaving down" the sides of the threads. Do a little, try it, do a little more ... try it.

And tgcrna, I think Padre is volunteering his magnificent, hairy body as a teaching tool for male student nurses at your hospital for the male student nurses to practice their post-operative shaving techniques. That is so kind of him... well, actually, it was this or 40 hours of public service according to the Judge, but still, it was nice.

Oh, and please ask the boys that when they "shave down" to be real careful around his happy place!

tgcrna

Tink
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Greensboro, NC
tgcrna, yeah, "shaving down" the sides of the threads. Do a little, try it, do a little more ... try it.

And tgcrna, I think Padre is volunteering his magnificent, hairy body as a teaching tool for male student nurses at your hospital for the male student nurses to practice their post-operative shaving techniques. That is so kind of him... well, actually, it was this or 40 hours of public service according to the Judge, but still, it was nice.

Oh, and please ask the boys that when they "shave down" to be real careful around his happy place!

Ha Ha! Well, you know those new guys are real nervous when learning how to shave "down" somebody. So their hands shake a lot. Padre is really great to make this offer. By the way, Padre, does your choir need more sopranos??

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
What have I got myself into!!!
Well I did choose I mean I would choose the 40 hour community service over this!!!
Besides, no one, and I mean no one, goes there with something sharp!
So sorry, you'll have to find your experimental subjects elsewhere!

But Padre, Nurse tgcnra has the boys standing at the "ready" with straight razors and shaving cup and brushes in hand! This is a wonderful opportunity for them to learn their craft and if a slight error is made, Nurse tgcrna is standing by with needle and sutures to quickly repair any damages.

Don't be nervous. Just jump up here on this examination table. Everything will be just fine. Trust me.

Padre

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
Maryland
Sorry I didn’t come back sooner, I fell asleep.
I had the strangest dream too. I was hoping someone here is a dream interpreter so I can get a better understanding of the meaning of this dream.

I dreamed I was in a field of marshmallow clouds (I told you it was strange)? And what did I see?
A Double Rainbow! All the way across the sky! What does this mean? It’s so bright, so vivid, it’s a double rainbow all the way across the sky. It’s even starting to look like a triple rainbow, Oh my God, a double rainbow!

Anyway, I see in the distance where the pot of gold should be, people starting to come toward me. I really can’t make out who they are, but as they get closer, I see they are male nurses dressed in their scrubs. I see tattoos of cows and tractors on their arms and a strange blue glow near their mouth. They are all carrying Bic razors with a gleam in their eye as they come near me. I turn and scream and start to run. I am yelling No Bics, I am a Gillette type of person!

They get closer and closer and I see the glow from their mouth is a Blu. I start to panic and just as they reach out to me, I wake up.
In a cold sweat, I realize it was just a dream. But first I look “down” to make sure there was no shaving, and then I reach for my Ego, that is safely under my pillow to make sure I wasn’t a Blu user.

Anyone a dream reader? A little help please!

ThomasP

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2010
Western PA USA
Sorry I didn’t come back sooner, I fell asleep.
I had the strangest dream too. I was hoping someone here is a dream interpreter so I can get a better understanding of the meaning of this dream.

I dreamed I was in a field of marshmallow clouds (I told you it was strange)? And what did I see?
A Double Rainbow! All the way across the sky! What does this mean? It’s so bright, so vivid, it’s a double rainbow all the way across the sky. It’s even starting to look like a triple rainbow, Oh my God, a double rainbow!

Anyway, I see in the distance where the pot of gold should be, people starting to come toward me. I really can’t make out who they are, but as they get closer, I see they are male nurses dressed in their scrubs. I see tattoos of cows and tractors on their arms and a strange blue glow near their mouth. They are all carrying Bic razors with a gleam in their eye as they come near me. I turn and scream and start to run. I am yelling No Bics, I am a Gillette type of person!

They get closer and closer and I see the glow from their mouth is a Blu. I start to panic and just as they reach out to me, I wake up.
In a cold sweat, I realize it was just a dream. But first I look “down” to make sure there was no shaving, and then I reach for my Ego, that is safely under my pillow to make sure I wasn’t a Blu user.

Anyone a dream reader? A little help please!

Ah yes. I have seen this type of dream many many times. The bad news is that you will have great misfortune befall you very soon. The good news is that there is a very simple way to avoid this. Send 120ml of Wyatt Earp, Butterfinger, RY4, and cappuccino smooth to me. I will use them for a very special ceremony to get rid of your bad karma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread